What gets your goat about other drivers?

What annoys you about other drivers? Here are just some of my pet hates,

Drivers using mobile phones

People who indicate Right when entering a round about, who have NO intention of turning right, they are actually driving straight ahead, Why?

People parking in disabled bays who HAVE a badge, but are clearly not disabled themselves(the badge relates to someone related to them), but are just plain lazy to walk that extra 30m.

Slow drivers!! they annoy me.
I had a midde aged woman swerving in the road like she was drunk and drivin at around 30 on a 40 and it turned out she was on her phone and an old man who knew it was a 40 but still decided to drive at 30 or lower on the same road (thats a 40) as if it's his right to drive as he wishes!! :@ grrr X

Other drivers full stop.
Get off my road. If weren't for other drivers I'd get where I wanna go in a third of the time with little or no stress.

tractors, cyclists on single lane country roads, sunday drivers. I drive across Wiltshire to get to work and I encounter all of these.

People leaving their shopping trolleys in the way while walking up to the end of the aisle to get something and then walk back to the trolley!

Old people cue jumping.

Reality TV.

Sky sports showing the same old football teams each week.

People who drive at 40 in a 60 (but speed up in the one place for miles around where it might be possible to overtake) and then continue to do 40 through a 30 zone.

On the motorway, middle lane drivers and people who speed up when you try to overtake (you know, the person doing 65 who by the time you give up trying to get past them is doing nearly 90).

The TWAT i meet every morning on the way to work,who tries to push me into the hedge in the country lane.........TWAT TWAT TWAT.

Drivers that have their front fog lights switched on when there's no ruddy fog

When there are road works three cars in front of me traffic lights just turned red and the car right in front of me pulls out and runs through the red light

At the hospital there's never any parking space when I have to go for my treatment and when one is just about to come available I think i've put myself in a position to take it but the car infront reverses almost bumping into me and waits for the space to become available leaving just enough for the car in the space to get out

Tailgaters on the motorway/dual carriage way that don't leave a safe distance between them and the vehicle in front

People talking on their mobilephones whilst driving

People that drive slowly when there is no need to and there is a massive convoy behind them and no safe place to over take

People that drive at 40mph everywhere

Not indicating or leaving till the last moment meaning I have to come to a halt

People who park in disabled bays with blue badges and have no obvious disability walking better that I can

People that feel they have to over take you just as you've both turned in to a road as your car doesn't accelerate as fast as theirs

People indicating incorrectly causing you to look like a fool when you screech to a halt behind them...

People on mobiles whilst driving, hello it's illegal for a REASON! >:(

Tailgating... Ffffs...

Don't get me started, I could write an essay......

I'm smiling gleefully as I read all this because I don't drive :-D

As a pedestrian I see truly shocking things though, and motoring seems to be a very expensive hobby...both good reasons why I keep away from a steering wheel!

People who park across 2 bays. If I see you do it I will kill you! Blue badge holders who don't use the disabled spaces, those spaces are yours don't f^*king use mine.
Generally people should take a retest every 2 yrs or so so we can get those licenses back off the people who shouldn't have got one in the first place.

I have had so many close calls from people who can't indicate properly. I approach a round about - car on the roundabout is not indicating to turn so I assume he's going straight over, so I start to move - he suddenly turns right at me and I end up mounting the curb to get out of his way... Jackass!

DavidB1986 wrote:

I have had so many close calls from people who can't indicate properly. I approach a round about - car on the roundabout is not indicating to turn so I assume he's going straight over, so I start to move - he suddenly turns right at me and I end up mounting the curb to get out of his way... Jackass!

Give way to cars already on the roundabout David and assume all other motorists are thick as shit.

Try to drive defensively under the assumption most other road users are idiots, often proved right! However, my main peeve are the two extremes on motorways – either driving slowly in middle or even right lane when the left lane is completely clear, done as far as I can make out, just to piss off other road users; or the opposite extreme, tailgating! Stupid and dangerous.

On a personal note, 5 teenagers overtaking a lorry on a completely blind de-restricted road and smashing into me in what the police described as 120mph head on collision. That got my goat a tad.

What really gets my goat on the road...from my pedestrian's point of view...is actually cyclists without lights. The number of times you can be about to cross the road at night and suddenly some idiot cyclist comes helling along the road in dark clothing with not so much as a reflector to illuminate them. Often then mounting the kerb and continuing their two-wheeled journey along the pavement as well!

People driving up my arse, trying to make me go faster.

I am not driving too slowly, I am driving at the speed limit.

Arseholes!!!

Not using indicators and speeding round corners always get me!

Drivers on their mobile phones.

old people driving at 5mph

holidaymakers suddenly stopping in the road when you are behind them....causing you to slam on your breaks and your heart missing a beat...joys of living in cornwall x

@Sub - I do now! It pisses the people off behind me who are probably thinking "what the fu.. I coulda made that..." But in my crappy car that accelerates slower than a tortoise, I'd rather not risk it!