What grinds your gears?

Get it off your chest. What grinds your gears?

• people that don’t indicate :triumph:
7 Likes

@Purring-Pussy omg where to start but that’s a great one to start with :kissing_heart: my biggest one would be people who interfere when they are not wanted or needed. Another is holding or letting someone come through a door way then they do not acknowledge that you have done it for them . Manners cost you nothing

13 Likes

Same when a driver doesn’t acknowledge you when you give them right of way.

I have issues with so many drivers :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

People who put gum under tables, especially when it ends up stuck to your leg :face_vomiting:

16 Likes

I got to Drive up to Washington this afternoon I hope I don’t come across you this afternoon to grind your fears hun

2 Likes

People parking cars in the very few motorcycle spaces that planners allow us in car parks.

6 Likes

People turning out of side roads, they see you coming, but hesitate until you’re virtually on top of them before they pull out. Lack of indication is my number one gear grinder, it’s a flick of a finger ffs!

5 Likes

When driving, lack of indication or lane use and also people in big or expensive cars thinking they have the right to cut other motorists up/not merge appropriately.

5 Likes

Either i have psychic powers or the drivers of certain brands are predictably arrogant and ignorant! :wink:

3 Likes

People who don’t like it when you don’t share same opinion and act like know it alls :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

it annoys me when people say ‘him or her’ when they don’t know the gender of the person they’re talking about when they could just say ‘they’! I think ‘him or her’ is very clunky-sounding and it excludes people who use other pronouns, kind of a pet peeve of mine

6 Likes

Absolutely. It’s old-school binary think. Alas, at present the vast majority of the population have never really had to get their heads around non-binary pronouns, and the Piers Morgans of this world aren’t exactly helping. Change is happening, though. Far too slowly, but it’s happening…

3 Likes

Using “your” in place of “you’re” or vice versa. Guaranteed to drive me absolutely nuts. Other grammar mistakes too, but this one in particular. Oh, while we’re at it, “should of” instead of “should have”, aarrrgghh, it hurts just to type it!

7 Likes

:laughing::laughing: you’re safe, I rarely go anywhere these days.

3 Likes

Totally understand this. I have been using ‘they’ for a few years but I do forget. It’s hard to break the habit of using him, her, girl, boy etc.

3 Likes

There’s sooo many people that struggle with this. The English language is weird. There, their, they’re. By, bye, buy. Weather, whether. To, too, two. Could go on :laughing:
It’s maths I struggle with. English was a breeze compared to maths!

5 Likes

What grinds my gears…?
The automatic assumption by a very vocal but small minority that if your world view is not 100% aligned, you must be some fascist. In other words, agressive cancel culture for the sake of making you feel better about yourself.

6 Likes

would that be german car syndrome??

4 Likes

Range Rover too! :wink:

1 Like

Based off an incident earlier today, people who consciously act lazy and force work on you that they were very capable of doing

3 Likes