What grinds your gears?

When the patients that you are trying to treat abuse you and are just generally vile and we just have to smile sweetly and get on with it.

The nice ones make it a bit easier though x

9 Likes

Same. I use a mobility scooter. The main issue I have is that people assume I’m just fat and lazy. The tuts and attitude I get is soul destroying. Stupid comments like “do you think you’re in benidorm” or “I wish I could cruise along on that all day”
I’d happily exchange my scooter and disabilities for a healthy body and the opportunity to walk properly again. :triumph:

7 Likes

See, I’m guilty of using 2 parking spots, only when there are no disabled spaces left.
I straddle 2 bays in order to be able to get in and out of my car with doors open fully and to operate a hoist.

3 Likes

Oh @Purring-Pussy yes hunny. I get some awful looks. Elderly people making remarks. KIDS making remarks “you don’t need that” but there’s those electric scooters now that loads of people use. But that’s ok. Because they can keep their balance then it’s acceptable. If I could go back to work I would!

1 Like

Fellow dog walkers not picking up after their dogs. It gives all of us dog parents a bad name. As well as defacing the local area!

6 Likes

What about the fuckwits that bag it, then lob it into trees and hedges? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Oh jeez, that’s even worse! When the old ‘rona was ridiculous in March they just toiled you the dog poo on bins which were sealed shut. So there was a massive stinky pile on top of a bin. Which the council wouldn’t empty :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Noisy eaters with their mouths open :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

7 Likes

Washing machine mouths!

Checking into my room and finding there’s a squatter already in there using it ? A bloody fly :mosquito: yep I have evicted it boom :boom:

1 Like

High powered cars sitting on the slip road at 45mph then flooring it to 80 in 1 second as soon as they hit the dual carriageway: completely screwing me and my low powered car over by preventing me getting up to speed on the slip road and forcing me to join the motorway dangerously slow and then spend 5 desperate seconds pedal to the metal trying to get up to 70 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Sorry about that @Cassii BTW that is a joke but I know what you mean I will have done 3,000 miles this month, get it regularly :rose::man_biking:

1 Like

It drives me nuts, it’s so selfish, and unless the road is clear it also causes traffic :roll_eyes: which messes things up for everyone

1 Like

I thank God every day for my healthy body and the joy of running. Sometimes other people just suck. Life can change in a moment. I’m sorry you have to go through all that in addition to being robbed of your mobility and all the frustrations that that must bring

4 Likes

Ya no coincidentally I was asked by a guy on school run “do you really need that” I was like yeah I’m disabled he said “oh you don’t look like you need it” people are so narrow minded. Sorry doesn’t the crutch show I have difficulty walking?

2 Likes

What Grinds My Gears?
Forgetting to recharge my toys before I pack them away.
-especially when they are USB not mains.
so I’ll just sit here twiddling my fingers for an hour.
At least there’s 90s Dance

2 Likes

Idiots at work in charge who have been alive for less years than I’ve been doing my job who think they know my job better than me

3 Likes

@woodstock2 i feel your pain!

I know and the bosses think the sun shines out of their backsides

1 Like

PMS, because I turn into a horrible, moody moo and still don’t know how to control it other than isolating myself from the world with a tonne of chocolate.

6 Likes