What's in a name?

My boyfriend has recently named my desire rabbit so it's now very apaptly been christened "The Truncheon".

Has anyone else given one of their toys a name (other than one it came with)? What is it and where has it come from?

I have named this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34711 my big purple monster, for fairly obvious reasons!

If you ever need to fight off an intruder FunLouise that would work a treat! It truly is a monster

Fun Louise wrote:

I have named this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34711 my big purple monster, for fairly obvious reasons!

Wow! I hadn't seen that one, it's fantastic looking, definitely a big purple monster. Xx

We had the Oooh which was "the purple thing" when it was replaced with the g slim it was "the new purple thing". We got the Tracy cox g spot vibrator which was the "new new black purple thing". Its caused so many laughs finding "thing" names. My favourite is "plug the bum shoogley thing".

We have christened them things too - pink thing, glass thing, black thing - you get the gist.

The only thing that has a name is not a specific sex toy it's a pink silicone fish slice that really, really hurts and I hate it. Hubby threatens to get "old Faithful" out which just makes me shudder 😖

I think the only time I've done this was recently and it was because the vibrator shared the same name as my brother, which was incredibly off-putting & weird!

I've named a butt plug I have Paul, because it's blue and we had just watched the film Paul. 👽 (I don't know th connection either but Paul fits)

named my biggest dildo Max, because it is maximum lol

I own a vibrator that shares my real world name, so that's always been known as the Mini Me :)

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I've named a butt plug I have Paul, because it's blue and we had just watched the film Paul. 👽 (I don't know th connection either but Paul fits)

named my biggest dildo Max, because it is maximum lol

Not sure I could give one a real name. If I spoke to someone of the same name I'd probably always picture the toy and then tell them after a couple of wines!! :-)

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

We have christened them things too - pink thing, glass thing, black thing - you get the gist.

The only thing that has a name is not a specific sex toy it's a pink silicone fish slice that really, really hurts and I hate it. Hubby threatens to get "old Faithful" out which just makes me shudder 😖

Ha, I'd never put Old Faithful and a pink fish slice together...like that it gets such a response from you though

We tested a huge (and I mean huge) vibrator a while back which affectionately got named 'the telegraph pole' .....enough said 😉 xx

Terri JJ wrote:

We tested a huge (and I mean huge) vibrator a while back which affectionately got named 'the telegraph pole' .....enough said 😉 xx

Ouch, the thought is enough to make my toes curl!!!

This thread has made me chuckle xxx

This subject came up with some team mates on a work night out on Thursday after I was raving about some toys I have got recently.

One woman in her mid 20s had a giant realistic dildo called Timothy. She lived at home and her mum always straightened up her room so she would have to ask her mum if she'd seen Timothy so her dad didn't know what they were talking about.