Whats the best way to ask??

Hello Can anyone help me?

here its goes......

Ive been with my girlfriend for just over a year now and everything is going amazing. I have had a latex and pvc fetish for as long as i can remember ( i dont know why it just turns me on) but i have never said to anyone i have this fetish let alone have anyone wear it for me so am really stuck on how to tell my girlfriend i have this fetish as i dont wont to frighten her or make her think am a nutter.

any advice would be really good thanks

maybe you could introduce it gently to her? you could sit down and browse for some lingerie on lovehoney and say what you would find her sexy in, and get her to do the same for you? or could you mention that you are fond of the look of latex on models and would love it if she could try it for you?

it depends on how kinky you two are as a couple too. if youre comfortable discussing fantasies you could just come out and say that you would like to try latex play and it's been a turn on for a while?

Probably best to avoid the Pulp Fiction method:

Bring out the gimp!

I think it would be really great if you both had a long chat about what turns you on sexually so it's not one-sided. I love fulfilling my partner's needs and fantasies and vice versa. I think it's an excellent way to explore eachother's desires. Even if you don't exactly carry out the act itself you may find it enough just to talk about it.

Perhaps you can purchase something like this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20207 and tell her how sexy you think she'd look with something like that. It's not too threatening but a nice gentle start to perhaps a more full blown version of what you'd like.

Good luck!

toycar69 wrote:

Bring out the gimp!

this made me laughExternal Media

possibly a good idea to look at dress up ideas asking her what she likes and what she would feel comfy with and telling her what you like, might be an idea to find out how she feels about dressing up in the first place before introducing anything more racey

Deffnately look through the clothes section in here and drop a few hints .If she doesn't like what she sees in here ask her what she likes to dress up in.Or just go to a fetish clothes shop/site and have fun looking together

toycar69 wrote:

Bring out the gimp!

For those of us who are old enough to remember seeing it at the cinema ! External Media

x X x wrote:

I think it would be really great if you both had a long chat about what turns you on sexually so it's not one-sided. I love fulfilling my partner's needs and fantasies and vice versa. I think it's an excellent way to explore eachother's desires. Even if you don't exactly carry out the act itself you may find it enough just to talk about it.

Perhaps you can purchase something like this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20207 and tell her how sexy you think she'd look with something like that. It's not too threatening but a nice gentle start to perhaps a more full blown version of what you'd like.

Good luck!

that chemise is actually really lovely!!

if you end up browsing the clothing as others have suggested (;tis a good idea~ you could use "i'm trying to think of a valentine's present for you!" as an excuse*) you could play kinda innocent and "wander across" something like the aforementioned chemise.... surprisedly exclaim how amazing you thought SHE would look in something like that, as the latexy part particularly would show off her boobs fantastically! ;)

however you decide to approach the subject; best of luck ^_^ and welcome to the forums!! x

*hey! if you play your cards right it may end up as a present for both of you ;D

I concur with taking it slow.
Striking up a conversation about what you both like is a best start point and try to introduce the idea in a natural and basic fashion.
Mentioning how you like PVC dresses might be a fine starting point. Above advice about letting her know you specificaly think she would look sexy/beautiful in it will likely help, as that self perception can help a lot of people overcome insecurities.

If you find it that much of a turn on, I wouldnt be surprised if she already had an idea that you liked that kind of thing, as most people give some kind of hints away without meaning to.

But if shes your girlfriends, she probably wont run away just because you tell her you like latex/pvc! She can just say no or yes, nothing to be scared of!

Depends on how she is in my opinion. Personally I'm very open minded and would enjoy indulging my OH's every fantasy just cos I love turning her on. Other's have a lot of boundaries and really aren't comfotable with anything unusual or sometimes have irrational phobias or discomfort in certain areas. So my tip would be to find out about her as a person and how she feels about fetishes and fantasies before bringing things up. Hope it's a help.

The danger in playing it safe is that she may also play it safe. Like if you mention something as a joke, or in a way that makes it seem like you're anything less than fully enthuisiastic, she may react as if she's not interested just to avoid looking like the creepy one.

Do take it slow, but at some point you are going to have to bite the bullet and say that that's what you want, and the more you dither around, the more you risk confusing the issue and misreading signs (or sending signs you don't intend to).

Definitely approach it from a "I'd like you in X" angle, rather than talking about how like X, just because if she is new to it and doesn't quite get it yet, the last thing you want to do is make her feel like some kind of interchangeable manniquin only there to keep the thing you truly desire warm and in shape. As long as you make it clear what you want is her, but that this little addition would make it better, there's no reason for her to think anything's wrong with it.

Be prepared for the confidence issue to strike. I have never worn proper latex, because I've always been terrified of how it'd look on me. Feel a lot better about myself recently, so maybe I'll give it a shot sometime, but it is something that can be very intimidating for women. PVC's a lot more forgiving, and you can get some very un-fetishy looking clothes in it to get some kind of balance (I actually love http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15521 even though it's discontinued, because it's very understated, so maybe something in that vein to start).

Also, just for gentleness sake, describing it as a fetish is a good way to set off alarm bells to someone who doesn't think they have any. Remember to talk about how you find it attractive, or a turn-on, or whatever, but just for the start avoid words like 'fetish' that have some rather full-on connotations.

thank you all very much the advice was all really good ( maybe not the gimp one lol)

But anyways i sat down with my girlfriend and took a deep breath and asked if we could have a conversation about what we liked sexually and things.This conversation went so well (ended up with my in my Army uniform ;) .) and we are now both looking forward to getting this and a few other little bits haha http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20207

i cant thank you all enough i feels grate to get it off my chest and my girlfriend is very happy to as well she says she has always been courous about it and is more than will to try it out with me!

so thank you all again you have made two very happy people :)