When did your toys arrive? help!

hi! I’m making an order to arrive on a particular day as i still live with parents and this is when im home alone so avoids awkward parcel questions. however ive noticed selecting a day, it’s up until 9pm that parcels can arrive. anyone whos ordered delivery for a specific time (within the uk) what time did your parcel arrive please? my parents arrive home at 5pm and id be holding my breath hoping it arrived before then, im not sure i could come up with an excuse for what it was if it arrived at 8pm haha. any help of responses appreciated! id also like to be able to use it before they’re home ideally, but i’ll be happy as long as i receive it before they arrive home. is this likely? thanks!

From what I can see on the website LH only use the Royal Mail. I’ve never had any parcel from them delivered past 5pm, but obviously that’s no guarantee your would be the same.

Why would your parents question your parcel? Can you say its a gift for a friends birthday?

My parcels are always delivered in the morning with the Royal Mail post lady.

The parcels are always super discreet - could you say it’s something really dull with no follow up questions, like a mousemat?

Or the present as funbigguy suggests might be a good one!

What time do royal mail parcels normally arrive at your house? If they’re normally in the morning you’re probably fine

Go shopping at some point before your parcel arrives and buy something that would fit into the boxand have that ready to show them after they’ve asked about the parcel :sunglasses:

Mine have always arrived at the same time as other Royal Mail parcels - an hour or so after the post - rather than at random times.

I haven’t done ‘arrive on a particular day’, tho. Just the usual postage.

Your own post is your own business and Lovehoney is for over 18s - no one else should be opening your post and if anyone asks, either be honest or make something up!

If you are still concerned, you could ask for it to be delivered to a neighbour?

1 Like

Mine have always been brought with my “normal” post…so whatever time your post gets delivered…

I thought my replies had disappeared then. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

LH send their stuff out tracked. Follow it on Royal Mail online, and when it says it’s due for delivery, advise that you won’t be in, and select to collect from the delivery office (if you can get there).

1 Like

I get mine delivered to the local post office or a friend’s house, that way there’s none of the potential awkwardness. Not sure if that’s something that could work for you?

2 Likes

They are sent by Royal Mail so generally it will depend on your local delivery office =) as mentioned above, you should be able to track it :slight_smile:

Alot of people have said this already but, my parcels usually arrive bang on the day LH estimate. Although I got an order last week which was a day early! Which was a bonus for me…

Mine always turn up with the rest of the normal post . Usually I receive an email from Royal Mail first thing in the morning of the day that the parcel is expected to arrive saying ’ We will attempt to deliver your parcel today’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Same here, my latest order was meant to be here on Wednesday but when I tracked it said its due for delivery tomorrow! :heart_eyes:

Always Royal Mail, always comes with usual delivery. Ordered Friday, received this morning.

For me, if it was a larger box they would arrive by van rather than postman.

Why the embarrassment? It is a discreet brown box, just personal stuff for you.

If my daughter had a letter or package delivered it isn’t my business unless she wants to involve me.

can you not select to have it delivered to the post office and collect it there

1 Like