When this blows over

Morning all, So I've been talking to the OH today about what we want Todo when we finally get out the house for more than work. I'm not talking huge plans in 8 months time, I'm talking about the small things in life you normally take for granted. Friday - child will go to grandparents for the weekend and we will go on a much needed date night. Saturday - squad training followed by lunch out and a trip to a national trust site and a quiet night in. Sunday - Morning antics, church, walk on the farm (stopping for more antics) and family BBQ. What will you do???

Talking with Mr John last night, he mentioned that he would be happy for me to reduce my hours at work. Spend more time in my garden and doing things I enjoy. He is brought this up. He intends to work from home more. It is a lovely thought.

Mrs.John wrote:

Talking with Mr John last night, he mentioned that he would be happy for me to reduce my hours at work. Spend more time in my garden and doing things I enjoy. He is brought this up. He intends to work from home more. It is a lovely thought.

Hopefully more people will begin to work from home after this. The one good thing about this is it's shown our infrastructure can handle it.

Agreed. There are positives in this awful time x

We already cut our hours and synced our days off with the intention of going on days away etc now the weather is improving, how ironic that we now can`t go anywhere! Once over, it will be nice to have a meal in the pub, visit the countryside with the dog, actually go on holiday.

In the meantime, spending some cash here for enjoying not leaving home! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Mine will be to get a cuddle off my other half. And hopefully get to see my wee bit. Lockdown had meant his mum, who is the devil, has took full advantage of keeping him at hers away from me

I feel for you Iain.

Mine will be to get back to the Gym. Starting to notice some weight creep on and I am getting depressed about it, seriously I am.

Go to McDonald's and get a Big Mac with a milkshake. Going to the cinema. Getting my hair cut (because it's a mess now). Just treat myself, ya'know? 😁 I also want to go back to work. It's boring doing nothing all day. I miss the norm of the office.

Looking forward to getting back into sport including having an actual round of golf, not just the xbox version.

We don't tend to go to pubs / cafe's much, but I think we will put a bit more of an effort in and support our small community a bit more by going out more frequently than just birthdays.

Just a simple one, to go to the local seaside (Sunny Hunny) and listen to my girls, giggling as they splash each other in the sea.

I do long for a peaceful non infected planet, whereby I can once again go to the Red Sea and again come face to face with a great big fuck off Shark.

DanceswithPenguins wrote:

I do long for a peaceful non infected planet, whereby I can once again go to the Red Sea and again come face to face with a great big fuck off Shark.

Is the Red Sea like the Dead Sea as in so salty you can float? Always wanted to go try this! X

No they are different, Dead sea you float Red sea you drown lol.

I'm looking forward to being able to pop in to a supermarket and be out in 5 minutes.

I'm also looking forward to being able to meet up with people. Nothing grand, just popping in for a drink, some cake, a hug and a giggle. VCs are all very well, but it isn't quite the same.

This post is no longer available.

Agree with KinkyMira, will be good to go to a shop and not have to face the Gestapo outside. Mainly we're looking forward to going to our community pub. Keeping in touch with the landlord and a couple of the regulars. Also want to visit some friends in Portugal as well as family here.

Probably going to the gym, visiting family and taking my wife out for a nice meal, my wife wants to hire a function room out, invite all our friends and family and have a big party

Don't forget the "Gestapo" outside stores are doing it for your own good, and risking their health at the same time! 👍