White trousers for men

I was in M&S the other day and came across a couple of pairs of white trousers for men. The first pair were made from pure linen, and the second pair were super-lightweight chinos. Now the thing with both of these products is they are pretty much see through, so you're going to have to wear some sort of underwear with them, obviously white. But what sort, I would think a thong would be the best, in plain white. As there seems to be a much better selection of these for women, I would go for that option. But what size to get, I have a 38" waist, would it be better to go for a size 12 or 14?

Edit: I forgot to ask, what do you think of men wearing these types of trousers?

What men choose to wear is up to them providing they aren't with me

Personally I would go for nude coloured underneath light weight white

I used to like white trousers in the summer just wore white undies boxers or the normal slips

My personal opinion is i wouldn't want to be able to see your thong be it white or other wise lol! I would much prefer boxers :)

You dont wear white under white, you wear beige or nude or very pale pink no neon lol.....basically skin tone.

LMF xx

must be careful to avoid the spot of shame lmao

As has been said, always go for nude/flesh coloured underwear under white clothes if you don't want them to be visible! White underwear will be almost as visible as black because of the contrast with your skin. You want something as close to the tone of your skin as possible :)

Thanks for the help everyone. I went and tried them on today, there are hip pockets on either side, but the middle is very see through, so if I do decide to get them it'll have to be flesh coloured shorts of some sort,