Why do all the LH models wear size small?

Plus-size excepting, I’ve noticed all the models are wearing size Small, even when it clearly doesn’t fit.

Take this gorgeous model as an example. Described as a size 10 with 34C bust - which, at a size 10 is more likely to be 32D. I LOVE the fact there’s a size 10 model rather than just a load of size 6 models, BUT I’d like to see how the lingerie really fits, not how she’s been photoshopped into it. If the sizing guide says 10-12 is Medium, then put the model in a medium.

5 Likes

We have found that with LH the tops seem to be accurately sized but the panties / thongs are more hit and miss.

2 Likes

I have noticed that even the plus size models look to in the smallest size. Also unrelated note really wished LH did larger sizes as currently very few places do lingerie for larger people.

Got to be honest, I think Lovehoney do much better than most lingerie companies in being inclusive with their choice of models including a size UK 12-14 model (which is mid range in the sizing of “one size” stuff and helpful for me!)

I absolutely agree though that they should then be wearing the size specified by the sizing guide and hadn’t noticed until you pointed it out @Torridon that sometimes they don’t. How strange.

@roundedscrew , I think it is far less likely that they will start using H cup models (same as absolutely none of the models have A cups which would be very helpful for me!). They do have regular and plus size models but they really can’t accommodate all shapes and sizes and so I think stick mainly at D/DD which I think is most typical these days so suits the most customers. Those of us much bigger or much smaller just have to look at the pictures and how it fits a DD and go, “Okay, so will this work for my A/H?” Obviously, the answer is often, “No.”
I think though you get used to knowing what styles will and won’t work for your particular chest size.

A few very helpful forum members are great posting photos of themselves along with links to what they’re wearing in the Lingerie Photo Uploads thread. It’s always useful seeing items you’re interested in worn by other people.

3 Likes

Sadly tends to happen with many clothing brands as I’ve seen on other popular clothes sites where they’ve put plus size models in hideous things that does nothing for their figures and makes them look very unflattering which I personally think is a crime when they’re meant to be promoting body positivity rather emphasising then negatives :see_no_evil:

I can only think when they have a studio day the company sends over a selection of garments all in the same size with a few plus alternatives as an after thought, then it’s down to the on site stylist to make it all work on the models