Why do you visit the forums?

I just casually drop by now and then for whatever. I do often avoid the social side but I like the tips and info and opinions people drop in here.

RosyCheek wrote:

If it wasn't for you squid how would I know what to shove up my husbands bum? 😅

Awww you say the sweetest things RosyCheek lol 😂😂

We've been ducking in and out of here for a few years. Found it fun, accepting and a bit naughty at times.

Learn something new all the time. (sounding for example) and we've become closer.

Due to work kids etc we're often on short periods several times a day if that makes sense so don't always see all threads first time. We do enjoy the games though. Nice to give the brain a work out during coffee break.

Now, the rants etc. We're not fussed. Not like that sorry but what we mean is if people need to vent and we all do, let them. If someone can help, let them. There is a great crowd on here, the majority of whom help pick up those who need it, if we can when we're about we will but in all honesty not our biggest strength online.

A few times I have seen people, often newbies turn up with what appears to be the outlook that you. Get a profile, post a bit about sex, get free stuff, get someone's email and arrange a meet - and that is the main problem, people thinking that because LH sell sex Toys, lingerie etc you are one step away from rumpy pumpy with the forum regulars. Fortunately this is usually nipped very quickly although the 'honeys have allowed twitter and fab out reach via here.

Yes LH dangle the testers carrot, I'm guessing we all bit it. But, it would seem the reward for going the extra mile, helping someone with a personal or not so personal issue here does not go unnoticed by the sex toy fairies.

We like it here, we like the people, the layout, the chat, the games, the fact that not everything (shock horror) is about sex, that we are still learning (sounding as mentioned before), that no-one seems to judge anyone and anyone's kink or persuasion is accepted regardless of one another's preference.

It started out as a place where I could get sex advice.
It has changed into somewhere I can find comfort and support.like so many that struggle face to face or that don't have anyone to talk to,it helps knowing other people are there.even just getting it out lifts the weight.
It's a place where I've found people who have some of the same loves and successes, fears and anxieties.a place to share

I don't post very much, in fact I seem to have an incredible knack of killing threads, which can be a bit disheartening. I don't mean to! (here's to hoping I'm not the last to post in this thread)

However, I like reading the threads and offering advice if I think I have some knowlege or experience that might be helpful. I really enjoy open and honest discussion about sex, relationships and sexuality, as other people have already posted its often difficult to be able to talk about these things with friends, and the forum offers a safe space to ask questions you'd like to know the answer to or to advise on things too personal to share with the people in your life. I know some of my closest friends would be shocked if they knew I write sex toy reviews and erotic fiction in my spare time.

Funny that, that some things are just too personal that you can only talk about them to thousands of strangers on the internet.

Jezebella wrote:

I don't post very much, in fact I seem to have an incredible knack of killing threads, which can be a bit disheartening. I don't mean to! (here's to hoping I'm not the last to post in this thread)

However, I like reading the threads and offering advice if I think I have some knowlege or experience that might be helpful. I really enjoy open and honest discussion about sex, relationships and sexuality, as other people have already posted its often difficult to be able to talk about these things with friends, and the forum offers a safe space to ask questions you'd like to know the answer to or to advise on things too personal to share with the people in your life. I know some of my closest friends would be shocked if they knew I write sex toy reviews and erotic fiction in my spare time.

Funny that, that some things are just too personal that you can only talk about them to thousands of strangers on the internet.

I agree with all of the above - and look - you didn't kill the thread!!! Lol Some great views coming from everyone - thank you xxx

May I say LNT an excellent thread.

I started using the forums to get advice on sex toys etc, but I didnt know how diverse the forums got, with everything spoken about from virtual tea rooms, to the most graphic descriptions of people sexual encounters.

I dont do social media, twitter facebook etc, but I found that I actually quite enjoyed reading about what people get up to in their private lives, it has definately been an eye opener for me. However I also like the way the forum members try and help the people who ask for help. My friends would say that I am a people person, and one that they would come to in an emergency, I am one of lifes helpers.

Like Jezebella I seem to have the knack of killing threads, I dont know if that is because forum members find my views boring or whatever.but I soldier on regardless. I know I speak to often of our life out here in Spain, where we retired too a couple of years ago, but all I like to do is give a different perspective of things, weather etc. I can guarantee you its not a boastful thing, that's 100% not me.

Have a good day everyone!

I love it here..been here a year now and the people I talk to and class as friends are awesome...i am quite isolated in real life ..the forums are informative, friendly, fun, and supportive ...thank you all xxx

For me , I suppose I enjoy helping others in their relationships which is something me and my oH have been interested in for some time .

Thankfully the relationship problems arn't as many as there used to be and I hope that means less people are having problems .

I think life issues and chat is becomeing more frequent which in a way I like as everyone can participate in these kind of topics.

Great thread, I've really enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

I joined in 2013 when a friend told me about the tester scheme. As much as I love testing bits I would use the forum just as much without it. Back then I loved the forum as I was able to give people good advice, unfortunately now I feel there are so many people with great advice on the forum that I rarely have anything of value to add.
Now I use the games as a good boredom buster. I love word games and don't know anyone who will play them with me so couldn't believe my luck on the forum!
I also find it hard to maintain friendships due to health issues and love how I can come and go when it suits me on the forum.
I tried finding another forum to use a couple of years back, when for personal reasons I could no longer use this one, there werent any that were the same though.
I have BPD which is labeled the 'i don't fit in disorder' so for me to feel I belong here is a huge thing. I do worry that with all the complaints being made lately about the forum that they will close it :(

I certainly hope they don't close it down! I don't post a huge amount but I do read through lots of threads as I find them very handy for giving me new ideas to try out.
I tend only to comment when I feel it's something relevant to me or I genuinely feel I have some helpful advice but I do know that if I had a problem I could come on here and people would be only too willing to try to help .
I don't belong to any other social media sites and as far as I know there are no other forums like this one. It's a nice feeling when someone says your advice really helped !

wildflower wrote:

I certainly hope they don't close it down! I don't post a huge amount but I do read through lots of threads as I find them very handy for giving me new ideas to try out.
I tend only to comment when I feel it's something relevant to me or I genuinely feel I have some helpful advice but I do know that if I had a problem I could come on here and people would be only too willing to try to help .
I don't belong to any other social media sites and as far as I know there are no other forums like this one. It's a nice feeling when someone says your advice really helped !

I don't think there is any worry there. The Forum is a very good vehicle for Lovehoney which allows people like us discuss and recommend products that they sell .

There are other sites out there but they tend to have an idiot populace present which severely detracts the usefulness of the site and the advice given.

I don't ever see idiots on this forum perhaps at worse a few misguided guys sometimes at the beginning thinking its a meeting place but nothing too serious.

i do think the forum is changing perhaps in some ways for the better as there tends to be a wider participation instead of the same core of posters and therefore we get a bigger spread of opinion .

Just my thoughts.

Wow guys - thanks for your responses - it certainly makes interesting reading, and it is heart warming to know that so many people come on to try and help others.

Keep it up everyone - this is exactly what it is all about xxx

The forum has certainly made for some interesting reading. I've possibly learnt one or two things! I've also discovered that some of the things I like and some of my fantasies are more common than I expected. I hope the forum continues to evolve as there are a lot of very nice, helpful, interesting and diverse contributers here.

I like speaking with people with similar interests, but also enjoy the diversity here too. Saying that, one wrong comment and you get all out war. Since that argument a few weeks ago I've been quieter, mainly because I feel like some members blame me for another leaving. Which is pants, because there's one in particular I really enjoyed talking to. But ho hum, these things happen, and I still like checking out all the great advice being passed around. It's like a classroom in here sometimes, learn new things every day! 😋

This is quite a difficult one. Initially I came here looking for sex toys, advice and recommendations, but I quickly found members that I thought I could support or offer advice to. So the wish to help others has kept me coming back, and I feel I have made some really good online friends.

Online friends were a new thing to me, I'm not on other forums and I'm a self confessed technophobe. I'm also quite shy in real life, and my brutally honest attitude doesn't go down well in a lot of face to face situations, but here it seems at worst tolerated and at best welcomed.

I love the way that people will try to answere my questions or ask for support or advice. It's nice to feel useful and wanted. I really enjoy sending my friends gifts, although this has almost stopped after a change in job and financial affluence.

Oh and don't forget the sex toys. I have found and introduced mild bondage to our sexlife, as well as an array of toys. We are enjoying the best sex of our lives, and I value my online friends. I think I'm here to stay, well for the forseable future anyway.

Mostly to give advice and help others.

I enjoy some of the different topical threads but mostly the freindlt none judgmental way most people are.

To see reviews and the opportunities to try new things and chat amounts like minded people

I've had an account for a few a few years now, both myself and wife use it, to buy toys or lingerie for our ever increasing collection, but on the forums for the past year its me, who does the threads, even though the wife reads them all when she can, she is a bit more reserved when it comes to talking and writing things on down than myself. We enjoy reading the advise and recommendations other like minded people and open minded like our selves have to give, and in some cases if we can give advise to others we will. Also it's nice just to catch up and see whats going on and play one of the game threads.

Everyone on the Forums are so frtendly, its Good to know that no matter what the problem is, whether it's of a personal nature or sexual, theres someone there to help and support each other.

Any way Long may the Friendliness and Happiness continue ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I find its a nice break from my normal day to come and see / share in what you guys are up to and asking about. I dont start threads often, but try and comment where i can.

I really love talking to our little community and getting to know you all, some great times and people I have met and 'know'! It makes everything a little more personal and then I get to help customers who I actually talk to often on livechat, phones and email and then can actually say hello!! Bondagegod is the winner of talking to me the most on live chat haha.