Why do you visit the forums?

I have been a member for a few months now and have noticed more people becoming disheartend by the way the forums are heading.

Personally I have found it a place of sanctuary sometimes when I have needed advice about things I don't really have anybody else to talk to, both of a sexual nature, and normal every day life.

I have also found, I hope, that I have been able to offer advice, and words of encouragement and comfort to others who have needed it. I feel purely by the nature that no one knows who anyone else is makes this easier in a way.

On the days where I don't feel I have anything constructive to offer, I simply browse through the posts and mainly take part in some of the games.

I do understand sometimes that posts can get lost and people can feel ignored, this is an unfortunate part of this kind of forum (we do all have lives outside of the forums after all) and should be accepted as just that, it is certainly nothing personal to anyone.

Anyway, as the title says, I am interested to know why most people come on the forum, is it for advice (covering any subjects), is it for a release from everyday life, is it for company - why do you all pop by?

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Anyway, as the title says, I am interested to know why most people come on the forum, is it for advice (covering any subjects), is it for a release from everyday life, is it for company - why do you all pop by?

All of the above, really.

I like the atmosphere here (usually) and the kindhearted nature of most of the regulars. I like being able to offer advice, to have people willing to offer me advice when I need it, and I like being able to be anonymous among friends (hope that makes sense!)

The people are nice, fun and always helpful.x

I have lost most of my interests because of my studies, so I often don't know what to do if I have spare time or have trouble concentrating, and that makes me go on here. I really like all the kind members :)

I have only just noticed the forums, this is my first time on them actually! x

I don't know anymore tbh.

I guess the answer used to be I genuinely enjoy giving people advice on items they are considering buying, an extension of the review process I suppose. Always enjoyed being able to talk openly about toys, lingerie etc and liked feeling I could give people an informed opinion that could help them decide if something was right for them or not, along with gaining insights on toys I had no clue about from others experiences. It's not like I have anyone in real life I can chat to about my purchases or the latest gadgets to be released, so was nice to find that here.

Now that most of the discussion isn't really about sex toys or lingerie but more general life, not to mention that I've no money to buy the latest fun things regardless of what I read about them, I don't know. Being the social phobic I am I'm crap at chatting and I don't really like game threads. I'm a bit overwhelmed at my own life atm to give advice on issues other than which dildo to go for and I don't like discussing my personal life on a public forum, so I can't contribute much in that respect. Like many others I'm not sure where my place is here atm. I don't really know why I come back. Perhaps it's just habit. Perhaps I'm just waiting to perk up so I can post more and join in properly again. Perhaps I'm waiting for the dark clouds to pass and the atmosphere to feel more friendly here again, since posting atm involves that not so wonderful feeling of constantly walking on eggshells. I love the people here, both staff and members, and I love the forum in principle, so I guess whatever my reasons for being here it's safe to say you'll probably never get rid of me haha!

I have only been a forum member for a couple of weeks, but I find everyone so nice and welcoming. I have browsed many sections and received some lovely advice when I asked a question. I have the feeling this is a very caring and fun community.

Choconala wrote:

I have only just noticed the forums, this is my first time on them actually! x

+1. Took me a few years to notice the forums as well.

I've not been here long but I come here now as I feel like I belong to somewhere. To start with I wanted to know more about sex toys etc as my sex life was on a stutter.

Within a short amount of time I felt like I actually knew a bit more about other members which is great. To get advice on sex toys, relationships and just general stuff from a diverse range of people really helps.

The LoveHoney community saved my sex life which has improved my relationship, broken down a few of the walls I put up around myself and really kept this depressive bird sane! For that I owe the community a lot. If I can give back I will.

Thank you for your input so far.

Its very interesting and reassuring that people generally feel the forums are friendly and useful for advice etc.

Lovebirds - glad to hear you're not going anywhere, even if you are not 100% sure of your place here, it just goes to show EVERYONE is valued here, whether we hold the same opinions or not, whether we can offer advice or not, there will always be that one occasion when your words will mean the world to someone, and that someone could be me one day, so thank you in advance xx

I am recently new to the forums having joined fairly recently. I started out browsing to see what was going on. I am not really sure if I have a great deal to offer, but decided to dip my toe in the water on the introduction thread and have gone from there.

Personally I don't mind the game threads, just a bit of fun that I can participate in as and when I feel like it.

I like the diverse community, I can accept that everyone is different and respect everyone regardless. Variety is the spice of life!

Enjoy it here, lovely people, both staff and members, and I guess we're all here because we're sex enthusiasts. Not many ppl can talk to friends about sex (specifically about what toys they like & use) and certainly not daily, without it getting weird.

Far too many game threads for my liking, but the members, great advice (and funny stories)keep me coming back

If it wasn't for you squid how would I know what to shove up my husbands bum? 😅

Much the same as every one else.
Came here for advice about sex toys. Didn't think I'd actually stay an active member. Then I felt I wanted to repay the kindness people have shown me so try to offer advice and put a smile on people's face if I feel like I have the tools.

Also it's a place where I've gotten such immense advice on "everyday life, dramas etc", it's a fantastic forum with incredible members.

+1 lovebirds, I'm really glad your not going anywhere as you offer so much knowledge it's incredible. I really feel a job at Lovehoney would really suit you. Really hope you soon feel more sure of your place etc as your input it great 💟xx

Also feel lost lately for the same reasons as others. I guess it's down to people coming and going. I do love the forums and everyone here which is why I can't keep away lol 💟xx

Lovebirds I am sure what you are looking for in the forum will come back and you'll enjoy it again :)

Alicia, When have you felt attacked personnally on here? Please tell me it wasn,t me (and if it was me tell me what I said).

My reasons are a mix of alicia's and sxleksaker's. I feel at home here too. I can talk about my feelings and everyone is so kind and have been so helpful. I've talked about my story on here before I told some persons in real life, and now I feel like I want them to know, this pace has helped me tog et there. I also talk a lot more on here than what my bf knows :P I tell people things that I haven't even told him haha I am a bad girlfriend!

The forum also helped a lot for my sex life. I discovered sex toys and that helped a lot but knowing a lot of people here, who are all sex positive and knowing that there was people like that in the world have had a hugfe impact on my views of sexuality that once were negative.

Also, I never really had a hobbie, but this forum has became one. Now sex toys have joined. I found something to do with my time and writting reviews is something I want to do so it motivates me to work hard on my study sessions so I can finish and go write a review!

And I'll always remember that time where a guy came and asked for someone to spellchek his thesis, and Jess casually proposed herself :O I thought "woaw, that's why I love that forum so much!"

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I don't know anymore tbh.

I guess the answer used to be I genuinely enjoy giving people advice on items they are considering buying, an extension of the review process I suppose. Always enjoyed being able to talk openly about toys, lingerie etc and liked feeling I could give people an informed opinion that could help them decide if something was right for them or not, along with gaining insights on toys I had no clue about from others experiences. It's not like I have anyone in real life I can chat to about my purchases or the latest gadgets to be released, so was nice to find that here.

Now that most of the discussion isn't really about sex toys or lingerie but more general life, not to mention that I've no money to buy the latest fun things regardless of what I read about them, I don't know.

Same here to all of the above! I don't take part in general life chat because I don't like talking much about my personal life online. I mainly come here to discuss the toys and lingerie etc as I have no one to chat to about this IRL.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

No Mamz, it wasn't you, sweetie take a look back through the rant thread.

You talking bout your coworkers or something that really happened on here?

I think I am one of few yanks on here that is active. TBH I showed up a ways back because I wanted to become a sex toy tester and all of that resides on the UK site / community. I lurked at first and then I read this thread "quietly optimist" by Naughty Mum where she was so open and raw about here seeking a new realtionship following an awful marraige and I found myself litterly hooked to her thread, cheering for her and wanting to follow her journey.

And I also felt there were some threads that were super helpful early on when I was expanding my collection and wanting to learn more about certain topics. I also like the lingerie discussions and advise.

I stay becuase I LOVE being a tester, it is such a great honor to participate in that program, but also I feel like I have connected with many people virtually and Shadow really hit the nail on the head about "being yourself" and having that veil of an avi here. I also feel that this community has opened my mind to some sexual play and lingerie looks that have really expanded my horizons and I want to contribute and be part of that ongoing. I also think all of this has helped raise my confidence, posting pics, the encouragement from others, virutla hugs and support are great.

I rarly do that threads on the games, but sometimes I need a brain break or have insomnia and they are perfect for a break... my time zone is off some at times I hit them when everyone else is sleeping.

I do feel lately people are not getting in depth as much in conversations because it seems people may feel offended or personally attacked. We should be an open and wecoming as best we can. I need to get back to work may have more thoughts later.

Yes i think when i first made an account with love honey I don't think there was a social side to it don't quote me but after browsing more recently i found a whole community I didn't even know about. So far enjoying it and it isn't seedy either which at first thought it could have been. Everyone seems genuine and nice x