Womanizer conked out.

We bought one of the Womanizer devices back in December 2015 for £120. It was the W100. We maybe used it four times? Kept it clean and packed away properly. It never really did anything for my wife anyway. I charged it today for about six hours, and it's absolutely dead. I get an orange flashing light while charging, not a green one. And nothing happens. Completely stuffed. Please, has anyone had a similar issue with this piece of junk? Can it be repaired? I cannot believe we wasted good money on the damned thing! In hope, thanks.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

If you have only used it 4 times in 3 years you have damaged the battery. They like to be charged a discharged on a regular basis.

+1. All rechargeable toys need to be charged on a semi-regular basis, even if they’re not being used, or the battery will become damaged/completely dead.

Hey Mr frustration, sorry to hear about your negative experience with the womanizer.

I just noticed that it's been over a year since you purchased it so there isn't anything that can be done I'm afraid. If it'd of been within a year you'd of been able to return the womanizer and swap it for another toy for the same value or get a refund however since you've had it so long that options off the table.

and as others have mentioned remember to rechargeable your rechargeables regularly.

maybe you could treat your wife to a different toy which is better suited to her tastes.

Well...thank you for your replies. So this expensive dud is a complete rip-off.

We got so little out of it, only 4 uses and all of them a waste of time.

Why don't they sell these things with regular batteries? I'm not going to remember to regularly charge some sex toy that hardly ever gets used, am I?

Well, that's £120 in the bin. Womanizer can keep their trash. I won't be buying another. And if anyone is thinking of buying one: take my advice: don't.

And no, I won't bother 'treating' my wife to another toy.

1 Like

This must be incredibly disappointing for you. I've bought quite a few rechargeable vibrators over the last few months and I'm only recently realising how much of a ball ache it is to keep them 'charged, but not too charged' when I store them (with the amount of toys we've got some of them are bound to languish at the bottom of the pile longer than is good for their batteries). I wish they'd include something in the instructions about proper battery care.

I've gone back and read a few of your threads from over the years and have a sense of how difficult your situation is. If you do still want to try a suction toy out there's a battery powered Satisfyer for £39.99 (and if you're still a regular purchaser you can use the Unlimited voucher in your account page to get £20 off). It's not a model we've used so I can't vouch for it but it's both relatively inexpensive and it takes batteries rather than rechargeable.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39015

Obviously if your situation is still the same as you've written about previously you may not want to spend any more money on toys that could have no effect, but I thought I'd mention it.

I can see how pissed off you are, Mr F. Not surprising!

And thank you all for bringing my attention to this - I haven't seen anything in any of the instruction books about keeping toys regularly charged. What a pain!! This makes me think again about batteries. I think there should be a note on all the product pages telling people to remember to keep their toys charged - and how often. That's my morning allocated then. Out come all the toys, and join a queue for the USB points.

Poo. But I'm so glad I know now!

Hey Gran, rechargeable toys should be stored with a half charge and charged on a fairly regular basis. I charge mine once a month just for an hour on the first Saturday of the month. I am hoping this keeps them going for a little longer. There are some toys that just don't get used at the moment as Mrs K&C gets more and new favourites appear.

Ian Chimp wrote:

This must be incredibly disappointing for you. I've bought quite a few rechargeable vibrators over the last few months and I'm only recently realising how much of a ball ache it is to keep them 'charged, but not too charged' when I store them...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have a look.

No worries. 🙂 I'm not sure it will be as swish as your first Womanizer but being battery powered it may suit your needs better (and don't forget to take the batteries out between uses to get the most out of them 👍).

One of the other members here has just purchased one as their first suction toy, and they're just waiting for the postman to deliver it now before reporting back. 🙂 They're in a completely different set of circumstances than yourself but their feedback may help inform your decision? Here's the thread -

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1747361-womanizer-range/page-2/

I didn’t know this about topping up the charges. Thanks for bringing this up, especially as I have my eye on more expensive toys for the future!!! I’m sorry about your Womanizer. Years ago we bought a couples vibrator thing, around £90, and it gave up after a year or so. Probably because we didn’t charge it up and use it very often. Best wishes after your disappointment. Dxx

@Ian Chimp

I ordered the Satisfyer 1 earlier today, so thank you for your link. The batteries sold me on it. The 'suction' element of the Womanizer did have some effect on my wife, so I don't quite so much mind spending on a second machine with the cost at a third of the original, knowing it won't have a battery issue (short of a trip to the corner shop!)

I tried another day of charging up the original. No show. It's completely dead. How absolutely infuriating seeing £120 worth of 'hope' rendered totally useless.

I won't be using rechargeables in the future. We rarely use toys, and so they are clearly a dud for us. I think Lovehoney could have been (and still should be) more upfront about the battery issues on these USB rechargables. I had absolutely no idea the units could go totally bust if not used and I would not have bought a rechargeable had I known about this issue.

Thank you for your help - very much appreciated!

Fingers crossed this is the toy which finally gives your wife the breakthrough you're both looking for. 🤞🙂 Just remember to take the batteries out between sessions to stop them running down or leaking. 👍

And if you need any extra tips on how to get the best out of this type of toy don't forget we're here. 🙂

As with any rechargeable battery you will have to keep up a charge/use cycle every so often to keep the battery healthy.

Boomplus wrote:

As with any rechargeable battery you will have to keep up a charge/use cycle every so often to keep the battery healthy.

I've been concentrating on my vibrator batteries so much recently I think I've neglected my power tools. I better go and check my drill batteries.

NatandTom wrote:

Alicia4Ever wrote:

If you have only used it 4 times in 3 years you have damaged the battery. They like to be charged a discharged on a regular basis.

+1. All rechargeable toys need to be charged on a semi-regular basis, even if they’re not being used, or the battery will become damaged/completely dead.

...never knew this before. I'll have to take better care.

@Ian Chimp - Thanks!

Ian Chimp wrote:

Boomplus wrote:

I've been concentrating on my vibrator batteries so much recently I think I've neglected my power tools. I better go and check my drill batteries.

Yep - absolutely everything with a rechargeable battery will have this issue.

Replacement rechargeable batteries, too.

And then there's remembering to remove normal batteries to prevent leaks and corrosion. Also, storing batteries in a cold place shortens their life (those power tools in the garage?).

It's a sad fact of life that corded is easier than battery, but what happens if you're halfway to heaven and the lights go out ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

K&c30's has a great system going there. Pulling all the toys out might be a pain if you have loads, but you can always take them for a test run at the same time. Sometimes, bringing out a toy to check the charge that I haven't used for a while makes me want to see if it's as bad as I remember (my least fave toys tend not to be in easy reach). I'm usually pleasantly surprised at the results ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Maybe K&c30's could post on his charge-up day to remind us all?

I did know this about rechargeables but hadn't done anything about it. This has prompted me to send the day putting everything through a charge, at least I have matched all the chargers up again now and as above I'm inspired to give some neglected and so-so toys another shot. So far everything has worked after charging which is good since a few haven't been used in a loooonnng time.

I've been having trouble settling on a plan. I did know they needed charging regularly but I've been dragging them out and giving them a full charge (turns out that's not ideal). And then there's the kerfuffle of regularly discharging them as well. I'm still not sure how I'd go about doing that short of using them, and as they're not actually 'my' toys I can't just whip them out and bazz one off. 🙂 I could just run them on the table/bed for 10 minutes maybe? But then how do I know how much charge is left, etc?

I think there's a market here for some kind of gadget that I can plug my USB leads into and it'll tell me what I'm supposed to do. Surely that exists?

Mr Frustration wrote:

@Ian Chimp - Thanks!

Don't mention it. 🙂 And even though your expensive toy may have died on you look how many others it's saving. Its sacrifice shall not be in vain. 🙂