Worried people will find me annoying

I know I’m probably bugging people on here talking rubbish but my anxiety is through the roof today but…over the years I’ve been called annoying,people not wanting to be friends with me calling me names I’m used to it all by now I don’t know why though because I genuinely am a really friendly happy girl who wants to get on with everybody :woman_shrugging:t2:

but do people find me annoying on here? I know I’ve only been on for a day but I’m really enjoying looking on this forum and trying to give advice or help others on here. (I’m not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me or sympathy by the way I’m genuinely just curious)

1 Like

Not annoying…

1 Like

After reading your profile I think you should wonderful and just stunning with a great mind

Don’t let them get to you - your better than that… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Aw thank you I appreciate you saying that :slightly_smiling_face: I try not to let people get to me but it’s hard sometimes they don’t get to me as much as they used to anymore though

2 Likes

na, you are good (honestly everyone on here is kinda a blur for me on here, there’s just too many people for my brain to keep track)

but that being said I totally get that anxiety. I get a lot of anxiety around friendships/online communities too. I worry I am offending people, or saying the wrong things, or everyone thinks I am weird. It doesn’t help that I have had situations in my life I can point to and be like “see! I AM annoying!”.

How do I fight it? I dunno. I am still figuring it out myself. My spouse is supper supportive and loving and that’s definitely helped. I think growing as a person over time has also helped. Remembering the times where I was helpful in people’s lives, or the positive things people have said about me has also been a helpful way of combatting negative self-talk.

Remember that a lot of that anxiety is your brain’s way of trying to protect you by triggering a fight or flight response and it can be easy to be overwhelmed by that negative self-talk

Anyway I am hoping you got a great day/evening/night today! You are awesome!

1 Like

No, but even if you were, so what. If people don’t want to see your posts then they can set your profile to ignore you, you can also do the same if people annoy you.

The great thing about this forum is that there are so many perspectives and opinions from people at all stages in their lives and every one of them is valid. As are you.

4 Likes

Aww thank you I really appreciate that! I’m sorry to hear you suffer with anxiety too but it’s good to hear your partner helps and supports you :slightly_smiling_face: my boyfriend is also really supportive which is good. I just don’t have to many friends at all I’ve got maybe 2/3 real close friends so meeting new people is really difficult for me with anxiety etc

But thank you! I hope you have a nice day/night to :heart:

2 Likes

Also it’s hard to meet people in real life because for whatever reason a lot of people don’t like me which I can’t understand because honestly I’m really friendly nice genuinely never rude to anybody always try and out other people first but :woman_shrugging:t2:

Oh my goodness I feel this in my soul! I too struggle with having close friends or making new friends!

2 Likes

I’m sorry! Haha I don’t want people to feel sorry for me or give me sympathy by the way but it’s also important I guess to speak about things like this.

I’m sorry you struggle to make new friends too anxiety is horrible x

1 Like

To be honest I would rather have two or three close, trusted, supportive friends than a lot of acquaintances. So don’t worry about collecting friends. We are a pretty tolerant bunch so don’t worry about being annoying, cos i suspect you’re just overthinking that! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nope, not annoying in the least. We’re a friendly bunch in here, full of advice, TLC and support sprinkled with a lot of fun :blush:. Just be you, don’t worry about trying to fit in when you were made to stand out :blush: I hope you enjoy the many topics and glad you’ve started your own too .
Time to have fun @AbigailM03 :hugs:

3 Likes

No, of course not! I totally get where you’re coming from though. I could have written that about my real life but, in general I feel reasonably safe here. People are generally very accepting of others here, I don’t think you need to worry :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you. :heart:

3 Likes

I certainly don’t feel sorry for anyone and I have found your posts refreshing, its good to get a young perspective on things. Especially being on oldie myself. You keep on posting girl. @AbigailM03 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

So what if any did find you annoying, I have only recently started to come to a point in my life where I tell my self ……oh well….don’t like it :wave:t2:. It the other person problem to worry about not yours :woman_shrugging:. Don’t give insignificant people space in your head. You do you….be happy.

And just for the record, not that it matters, but I have not found you to be being annoying at all. (Yet :sweat_smile:)
🫶🏻
(Mrs)

1 Like

Yeah I guess you’ve done the best thing by not really caring about what others say or think haha I have tried to just ignore people and bullies but sometimes I find it hard to just block them out but thank you for your advice I appreciate it :heart:

Haha I’m sure there will be a point when you find me annoying (I hope not though) :joy::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I total get that and I know it is definitely easier said than done. Maybe it’s just something that’s comes with age or maybe just dealing with too many ****s over the years.
But not many people will put you or your feeling or happiness first so make sure you do your best to :people_hugging:.

And FYI most on the time the real problem is other people jealous.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe it is about the older and a little bit more mature you care less about what others say and think :woman_shrugging:t2: but thank you still like I say I appreciate peoples opinions and support in away :heart:

I wish people weren’t jealous though (there’s nothing to be jealous of me about I’m just the most bang average looking girl and there’s nothing special about me :joy::woman_shrugging:t2:) but I don’t want anybody to be jealous of anyone x

3 Likes

You are most certainly not annoying. You have normal feelings any young person would have, we all doubt ourselves sometimes. Just remember, you are special and unique. Ignore the idiots and hug your friends :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes