You feel like a complete fool when...

...you are about to finish a very detailed (and very positive) review for a toy (with multiple functions) you have had for five months and, when you want to check one function for the last time, it suddenly stops working for no reason you could put your finger on... *sighs*

Yeah, I've had this happen before. Such a pain!

At least you were *about* to finish the review.
I've done and submitted ones, then thought ''Well, I may as well go play with it again!'' aaaand..... dead -.-

To the live chat!! *superhero swoosh*

fairehlights wrote:

I've done and submitted ones, then thought ''Well, I may as well go play with it again!'' aaaand..... dead -.-

Let's say the "working title" of the review was "German quality at its best"... Yeah, I guess I should contact the customer care - I am just a bit uneasy, I mean, contacting them about something you bought in early December? (I know, the 12 months policy, but I am also a foreigner, afer all - might make me look suspicious... ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif))

Briona87 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

Let's say the "working title" of the review was "German quality at its best"... Yeah, I guess I should contact the customer care - I am just a bit uneasy, I mean, contacting them about something you bought in early December? (I know, the 12 months policy, but I am also a foreigner, afer all - might make me look suspicious... ![](upload://JDvwB4BqTlXmc0TRZyEqziKCrM.gif))

You're not foreign Briona. You are part of the all embracing LH community, and a valued customer. Give them a ring.

jimbogemini wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

You're not foreign Briona. You are part of the all embracing LH community, and a valued customer. Give them a ring.

Basically that.
You're one of our trusted and favoured rabble, it'll be fine!
Also if they had an issue that would be some semi-racist-based discrimination and hella not okay? :')

I've had to contact Live Chat about stuff almost the full year after I bought stuff, but *shrug* If it broke, it broke.

Briona87 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

Don't be daft - send it back!

Please DO contact customer care to arrange a replacement/refund/exchange. That's what the returns policy is there for! (and to clarify, the policy if for everyone who shops with us, no matter what your country of residence or descent is - I hope you don't think we would actually discriminate like that?!) :( 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

Please DO contact customer care to arrange a replacement/refund/exchange. That's what the returns policy is there for! (and to clarify, the policy if for everyone who shops with us, no matter what your country of residence or descent is - I hope you don't think we would actually discriminate like that?!) :(

I honestly think you have the best attitude towards international customers one could wish for - on the other hand, I would definitely not want to over(ab)use it - wouldn't want you to change your attitude towards us ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I guess the thing that makes me a bit apprehensive is that I have had my share of... less than pleasant experiences, both with rather prejudiced foreign companies and stores, and with individuals. You know, once you have gone through fab stuff of the "while in Scotland, you go for an organized day trip to the Highlands, the person on the coach asks you where are you from, you answer you are from the Czech Republic, and for the rest of the day, all the people (mostly English tourists) on the coach clutch their purses and handbags and speak about "bloody thieves and Communists from the Soviet Union" - thinking I do not really understand what they are talking about - for the rest of the afternoon" kind... It was absolutely humiliating. It may be silly for me to do but I admit I have been a bit uncomfortable ever since, worrying that the slightest bit of silly (or potentially "inapropriate") behaviour on my part might kind of "confirm" the bad reputation still associated with certain nationalities. *blushes*

I may be crazy, dull, swotty and well, whatever... but I always try my best to be polite, honest and open-minded - whenever I meet some sort of... less than favourable treatment, be it because of my nationality or because of me being a "big girl", I always assume that while people who act like that are rather stupid, I am at least partially responsible as well - it feels like I am not doing well enough or that I am not behaving well enough or something... And as a result, I try to avoid any potential troubles.

And anyway, right now I feel more stupid than ever - believe it or not, the toy started working again (it went dead yesterday, I tried to charge it several times but it would not work - until now). I am seriously confused. ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) Ah well, I have had several odd surprises today (actually, I wanted to write another paragraph for my review to relieve the stress associated with one really horrid article for an academic journal I have to proofread), and it is barely an afternoon, I guess bizzare toy-issues are only a minor problem, after all. I will see how does the toy (yeah, it is the Mystim Truman, I have been talking about finally finishing off that review for quite some time) behaves from now on... ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) (Possibly, an explanation could be something trivial, like some dirt on the charging clip - I have given it a gentle wipe before trying to charge it for the last time.) What a day...

Awh Briona, very sorry to hear of your less than positive experience with some closed-minded people.

Neither origin nor appearance reflects on who you are as a person. You come across as a very lovely girl.

If it's any consolation, I come from Northern Ireland. Famous for paramilitaries, riots etc, and of course the sinking Titanic :)

fairehlights wrote:

This totally makes me feel like a live chat agent super hero.

*to the rescueeee*

p.s - YES! Please contact us, we don't bite and we are all very friendly I promise!

Briona87 wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

I honestly think you have the best attitude towards international customers one could wish for - on the other hand, I would definitely not want to over(ab)use it - wouldn't want you to change your attitude towards us ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I guess the thing that makes me a bit apprehensive is that I have had my share of... less than pleasant experiences, both with rather prejudiced foreign companies and stores, and with individuals. You know, once you have gone through fab stuff of the "while in Scotland, you go for an organized day trip to the Highlands, the person on the coach asks you where are you from, you answer you are from the Czech Republic, and for the rest of the day, all the people (mostly English tourists) on the coach clutch their purses and handbags and speak about "bloody thieves and Communists from the Soviet Union" - thinking I do not really understand what they are talking about - for the rest of the afternoon" kind... It was absolutely humiliating. It may be silly for me to do but I admit I have been a bit uncomfortable ever since, worrying that the slightest bit of silly (or potentially "inapropriate") behaviour on my part might kind of "confirm" the bad reputation still associated with certain nationalities. *blushes*

I may be crazy, dull, swotty and well, whatever... but I always try my best to be polite, honest and open-minded - whenever I meet some sort of... less than favourable treatment, be it because of my nationality or because of me being a "big girl", I always assume that while people who act like that are rather stupid, I am at least partially responsible as well - it feels like I am not doing well enough or that I am not behaving well enough or something... And as a result, I try to avoid any potential troubles.

And anyway, right now I feel more stupid than ever - believe it or not, the toy started working again (it went dead yesterday, I tried to charge it several times but it would not work - until now). I am seriously confused. ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) Ah well, I have had several odd surprises today (actually, I wanted to write another paragraph for my review to relieve the stress associated with one really horrid article for an academic journal I have to proofread), and it is barely an afternoon, I guess bizzare toy-issues are only a minor problem, after all. I will see how does the toy (yeah, it is the Mystim Truman, I have been talking about finally finishing off that review for quite some time) behaves from now on... ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif) (Possibly, an explanation could be something trivial, like some dirt on the charging clip - I have given it a gentle wipe before trying to charge it for the last time.) What a day...

I would have said that your experience was uncommon, alas I fear that the rise of UKIP has shown how narrow minded and prejudiced huge swathes of the British really are. If you are ever in my area of London you will find that the Eastern European population are for the most part well integrated and welcome. My hairdresser is Lithuanian, my local bakery Bulgarian and favourite restaurant Romanian.

We are all Lovehoneyans here :)