Your Last Supper?

Any foodies around here nowadays?

Imagine it's your last day on earth.

What would your last supper be?

I've just read this book 'My Last Supper' which asks 50 top chefs the above. So thought I'd ask the folk on here!

So if you could choose anything, anyone. . .

-What would be your last meal on earth?

-What would be the setting for the meal?

-What would you drink?

-What music if any?

-Who would be your dining companions?

-Who would prepare the meal?

For me right now my last meal would be a blow out affair and why not? In my kitchen/dining room with Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Evel Kneivel, Muhammad Ali, Dave Allen, family and friends including a few from these forums I've spoken to over the years. Mowtown and beer would be the order of the day. Healthy eating would go out the window!

To start I would have a selection of Nachos covered in a tangy cheese sauce with spicy salsa and plenty of jalapenos, chunky chips with loads of salt and apple cider vinegar, buffalo style hot chicken wings, pork ribs cooked in a sticky BBQ/Jack Daniels sauce, deep fried mozzarella sticks, salt+pepper siu mai and a selection of sushi.

Main meal would have to be my mums Christmas roast dinner. If I'm going down I'm going full and happy! Roast potatoes, succulent turkey with sage+onion stuffing, juicy piece of beef with English mustard and lamb with apricot stuffing, sprouts, carrot+turnip mash, mushy peas, yourkshire pud and topped off with her made from scratch meat juices gravy.

Next a bowl of scouse (its gotta be done!) with pickled beetroot and buttered crusty bread.

And finally for dessert. . .

My own deep, very deep lemon mascarpone cheesecake with a ginger biscuit base. Drizzled with fresh cream.

I'd cook it for everybody too!

What's yours?

SG

A ploughmans lunch at the masons arms strawberry bank cumbria followed by strawberrys and cream (repeat of our first weekend together) wimbledon on the TV and a mixture of Tom Paxton Rod Stewart and Fleetwood Mac as music.

gotta agree with Cassius clay Ali Bill shankly and Dave Allen I would have Barry Sheen Rod Stewart Led Zep my wifes and my Mother....My father could look in through the window lol

I'd find this impossible to answer as I'm very mood dependent with food

By the beach

-What would you drink?
Limpton lemon ice tea and perhaps a nice gin

-What music if any?

Again depends on my mood

My family including my son

Depends on what I'm eating

Good stuff fella!

Most of these top chefs didn't chose Michelin starred meals but food linked to childhood/family memories and good times!

SG

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Good stuff fella!

Most of these top chefs didn't chose Michelin starred meals but food linked to childhood/family memories and good times!

SG

the masons arms was a bikers pub when we went first now it is a fantastic bar resteraunt Cumbrias best in the pub food guide....we have grown old together. The view when sitting outside cannot be beaten (do a google)

I will Gunther (when I get home from work soon!)

My OH is in Silloth at the moment until Friday. She's got a lodge there, takes her mum every August.

LMAO our next trip to the Lakes was after a race meeting at Silloth I won two races there.....bloody horrible circuit but a win is a win.

Off the top of my head:

What would your last supper be?

-Something amazing prepared by Heston Blumenthal. Not sure what food he would include but it would be the best and pretty amazing. I hope it would include some of the best fillet steak, tastiest fish and some pretty exotic fruit.

-What would be the setting for the meal? On an exotic island in a beautiful villa with pool, disco, cinema, and spa.

-What would you drink? Finest/expensive Champagne, Red & White Wine, again very expensive.

-What music if any? No music, not until the party / dancing after.

-Who would be your dining companions? My father and other members of my family. Would also include Elvis, because my dad liked him and Bryan Ferry because my mum loves him. Would love to have Prince William and Harry.. only so they should show me how to play strip billiards ;-) and lots more interesting people.

-Who would prepare the meal? Heston .. thankyou!!

Starter: grilled halloumi cheese, hummus, pita and red peppers or deep fried goat's cheese with a honey sauce and fresh, hot chilli or both :P

Main:pizza with chilli, garlic dough balls. Some perfectly cooked, metallic tasting steak - nice and pink with french fries covered in cheese and chilli powder.

Desert: gooey, hot cookie dough with creamy vanilla ice cream

Somewhere hot, as the sun is setting. Somewhere I can smell the sea.

-What would you drink?

Blood orange and pomegranate juice or sweet, fruity cocktails depending on my mood (I don't really like alcohol with food though)

-What music if any?

I love music too much so it'd have to be none - nothing to distract me from enjoyable conversation.

My beloved of course. I'd want some time just us at the beginning and end but in the middle I have fantastic family and wonderful friends I'd love to spend time with.

I love food prepared by my dad or WandA but I'd rather spend time with them. Oh, I know. I worked in a restaurant when I was young and our head chef was fantastic. Great bloke and a great cook who loved to prepare tasty food for us. I'd like if he cooked me something again!

Dee_licious333 wrote:

Ooops I forgot Brian Ferry my OH loved him can I have Una Stubbs and Pans People on the dance floor

What would be your last meal on earth? Lasagne with salad and garlic bread.

-What would be the setting for the meal? Just around our dining table at home!

-What would you drink? Elderflower Presse... my favourite

-What music if any? Something chilled out... Coldplay!

-Who would be your dining companions? My Mummy, stepdad, sister, Grandparents and uncles. All the people I love :)

-Who would prepare the meal? Mee! I love cooking, it's more satisfying when you've made it yourself!

Cheers folks! Great answers.

Heston eh Dee! Cool, Ferry is good! :)

Ad my daughter loves cookie dough too! (she was 20 Saturday gone!) Like your food and people choices :)

Gunther, Pans people! You devil ;)

DDD I love Lasagne! and you love cooking too? So do I! Love Diners, drive ins and dives on food network at the mo :)

To eat my mums cottage pie followed by home made pavlova with lots of cream champagne with fresh oj to drink followed by cheese and crackers and coffee.
Sat around the table my grandparents my beloved late hubbie our sons and Margaret Thatcher and George Michael
We would be on a warm island but watching a rough sea Barbra Streisand would be singing in the corner