Aging

I'm having a bit of a meltdown, as I do every September. My birthday is looming and I hate the thought of being old/getting older....even more so with my life at a standstill at the moment.

I've not worked for 10 years, been single 10 years (had a few buddies in between) and life is passing me by.

Anyone else get like this? I know I'm young amongst some of you, but I feel soooo old.

I know this won't help but I turned 22 this year and even though I'm still young, I feel as if my life is passing by way too quickly. I've never done paid work, I've never had a boyfriend and I feel like I'm stuck and nothing's changing even though I'm trying to change it

I know this won't count for much, but you're as awesomely 'youthful' as anyone else on here from what I can see.

I'm still young so my input is limited, but just know that whatever arbitrary number of years you have under your belt, you're the same fun, respected woman here we all know and love x

Hun...you are only as old as you feel.. So get some sexy partner and treat them to an outfit like your new avatar!( love it BTW!!).
Pamper yourself will help too...

Exactly what naughty mum said...

You are as young as you feel (or the man you feel) so treat yourself to a pamper day and to some nice underwear and get seducing ;)

Plus, you get the Lovehoney discount on your birthday sooo..treat yourself :P

Ah well, I suppose many people will find it ridiculous but I admit I often feel pretty old myself. I may be "only" 28 but when I see all my peers getting married, starting families, caring for their children and....well...living "normal" lives, I tend to feel that life has already passed by me and that I have already become a dull, old spinster who doesn't have anything special to look forward to... Frankly, the fact I am a virgin does not bother me that much but never having had a single romantic experience (just going for a walk or going to the pictures with a nice guy who wouldn't find me hideous would do, and the idea of actually holding hands is something I find utterly amazing, never having had any opportunity to experience it) at my age makes me feel dreadful and painfully aware of the fact that it is too late for everything... I always get extra gloomy around my birthday and around Christmas, and each New Year's Eve makes me feel more sad still; time flies, a year after year passes by, I am not getting any younger or more attractive, people who were just little kids a few years ago are walking around hand in hand with their dates and I am just as lonely as ever...

Anyway, big hugs from me!

I'm too scared to have a proper relationship, that's why I've been single for so long. Just wish I could be half normal again. Arrrggggh!

Thank you all for your lovely replies though.

As Greenday sang, "wake me up, when September ends....."

Sexy new avatar, Pp!

I joked to my friend the other day, that now we are getting towards our mid-30s we'd better 'flaunt it while we still have it', if I ever did 'have it' lol!

She is in a position where she is single and really wants a partner and maybe a family of her own. I feel for her as she's lovely, but she has had issues from her past that have held her back. Just hope she can learn to accept being single while she is, and hopefully before long she'll meet someone.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I'm having a bit of a meltdown, as I do every September. My birthday is looming and I hate the thought of being old/getting older....even more so with my life at a standstill at the moment.

I've not worked for 10 years, been single 10 years (had a few buddies in between) and life is passing me by.

Anyone else get like this? I know I'm young amongst some of you, but I feel soooo old.

We are all getting older I do not know where the time goes just enjoy life and don't worry about age

Dxx

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I'm too scared to have a proper relationship, that's why I've been single for so long.

So we have a reason..now you need a solution. Why are you so scared of having a proper relationship? What will happen if you do? Nothing will change for you if you don't action it so I'd suggest counselling to talk through any issues and some social groups..not dating..to get you out and making friends. Then when you have a healthy, balanced life up and running and feel a bit less old and more satisfied the lovely man will come along as the icing on the cake :-) Tried meetup.com?

Ladybette wrote:

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I'm too scared to have a proper relationship, that's why I've been single for so long.

So we have a reason..now you need a solution. Why are you so scared of having a proper relationship? What will happen if you do? Nothing will change for you if you don't action it so I'd suggest counselling to talk through any issues and some social groups..not dating..to get you out and making friends. Then when you have a healthy, balanced life up and running and feel a bit less old and more satisfied the lovely man will come along as the icing on the cake :-) Tried meetup.com?
I wanted to ask this too, but didn't wanna cause any offence. If you've been hurt before can see why you'd be apprehensive about meeting someone new, but like lady bette says, work on your self esteem first, get to where you want to be, then start trying to date maybe...

Past relationships have put me off for life for various reasons, I couldn't cope with the hurt, I'm still punishing myself now.

Then the whole getting to know someone who understands all my health problems. I'm so annoyed and grumpy about the fact I'm so ill, I know i'd take it out on that person.

I have been seeing a guy 8 years, we had a close relationship, although kept at arms length, never spent a night together (I don't share my bed for anyone any more! heehee). He watched me go from a gorgeous, slim, confident and sexy lady, to a disabled, fat frump. He does anything and everything for me, but we've not had a sexual relationship for 12 months or more. I'm just not so nice to him any more, I guess it's because I see him all the time, that I take my frustrations out on him.

@Ladybette, I struggle with counselling due to brain fog, I find it really hard to talk, get muddled and confused, then it's hard to process stuff in my cotton wool brain! Not tried meetup, I'm on a swinging site, but that's all on hold at the moment. I do have some awesome nights out in swinging clubs, which brings me to @Luv bunny.

My self esteem isn't too bad. Hell, I'm a biiiiig girl, but when I'm strutting my stuff in lingerie in swinging clubs, I get all kinds of ladies that envy my confidence and it's nice when they tell me so.

I don't go to the clubs looking for sex, I go to let my hair down, have a giggle and banter at the bar, or chill naked in a jacuzzi. If sex happens, it's a bonus, but not the be all and end all.

I'm such a complex creature!

Age is just a number...means nothing. I turned 50 a couple of weeks ago - actually feel younger now than I have done for years !

You look stunning, just believe you are and have fun xx

Don't get me started on age . I was 18 three weeks ago ..... Oh no I mean three decades . 😱

Terri JJ wrote:

Age is just a number...means nothing. I turned 50 a couple of weeks ago - actually feel younger now than I have done for years !

You look stunning, just believe you are and have fun xx

never are you 50 Terri?!? ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

I hope my bewbies look as good in another 15 years time.

Oh my, 15 years til I'm 50. It was only 10 years ago I was saying I'm quater of a century, I'll be half a century before I know it. *sobs*

I once saw a quotation somewhere...when in pain, don't be a pain...It's easier said than done when you're in agony or feeling really crappy healthwise, but it does make sense. If we are irritable with those around us, then it doesn't do anyone any favours.

if a relationship isn't for you then maybe it's learning to accept that, which perhaps you've already done. What about pets? Animals are great therapy...

another year may have passed but it can either be another year closer to the grave, or another year of good memories to take with you... Know which way I'd rather think about it ![](upload://nXzNBAACFMemirV1148YTO7ENey.gif)

Like to think I'm 18 with 30 years of experience . Guess I am an we all are really so let's enjoy what we have . It's a feel good day today what ever the day is .......... Xxxxxxxx

Ment and not am sorry . Typo

An not am . Fat thumb on key pad . Doh