Alcohol and sex.

I am a sinner and I need forgiveness. I have apologised to my wonderful woman. We had sexy plans for last night, we were doing different things all day so sexting ect. My mate wanted us to have some man time he cooked and we started to talk and drink. With kids and family we seldom get time to just chat, so it's a crap excuse but I was very drunk by the time my Wife collected me . So our evening didn't happen.

So is a little drink ok to help you both relax? Or a total no no?

I know for some this maybe a very emotive subject because we all know of bad cases of abuse and even rape when some men come home drunk. So this can be discussed but it's not what I was referring to or wanted to upset anyone.

I think I few drinks it's ok but no more then that.

Because like you say I've also had some very bad times with people who I've been with in the past drinking too much.

Just have to know when to stop and then it's all good :)

I think no more than two drinks, don't get me wrong there's plenty of times we've both been a bit too tispy and had a good session. But I would say ideally two, especially if one person is sober.

Hahahaha this happened with my OH last night too! It can be quite frustrating!

runnyhunny wrote:

Hahahaha this happened with my OH last night too! It can be quite frustrating!

Oh I am paying been given extra chores. Told that I will have to treat her extra special to night before I get anything at all. What a chore that will be, not.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

We have always enjoyed a couple of drinks, but have never understood why some people can't have a drink without getting completly hammered every week, reguardless of whether sex is involved or not. That said maybe once a year we end up at a doo where drinks are forced down our necks and we do get hammered.

I don't mind a couple of drinks but if I'm more than slightly tipsy it just doesn't work for me. I take ages to get anywhere and can't reach climax so it can be awkward.
I also like to be sure my partner is perfectly lucid and aware of what is happening, I'd feel like I'm taking advantage of him.

If I think there is a possibility of any 'sexy time' - then I don't drink at all. Whilst I trust my husband implicitly (and he the same of me) - when you are under the influence of alcohol, your inhibitions are lowered completely, and I am no longer at the mercy of rational thinking, and anything can happen.

Combined with the fact that alcohol plays merry hell with libido and standard bodily functions, it's not a great combination.

I don't drink now so I wouldn't really want my OH to have more than a couple as I would want them to be fully ''into'' the session too,

We rarely drink much. We may have a few but not often.

I can get wild and stop being so shy when I'm drunk when it comes to sex but I can not be satisfied at all. Alcohol is cruel like that to me ![](upload://7FkB1REUa7tcpRkNGIya8WdAFD6.gif)

Got a feeling that I'm going to be in a minority here but I do like slightly drunk sex with an emphasis on the slightly. Probably because alcohol lowers inhibitions I find that I'm able to do or suggest stuff that I might find a bit difficult otherwise, dutch courage I suppose.
Bit different for a man though, too much and the whole thing can be a flop.

Me and the OH very rarely drink together, but she is mad for drunk sex.
I'm not overly keen on it, when drunk it's hard to get it up and it's hard for the lady to get wet downstairs, so I'd be worried that the dryness + friction would start a fire...

wildflower wrote:

Got a feeling that I'm going to be in a minority here but I do like slightly drunk sex with an emphasis on the slightly. Probably because alcohol lowers inhibitions I find that I'm able to do or suggest stuff that I might find a bit difficult otherwise, dutch courage I suppose.
Bit different for a man though, too much and the whole thing can be a flop.

We are both with you there... we often have a couple of drinks if planning an intense sesion. Takes the edge off and often means we end up going that little bit further than normal. This then opens the gateways for making that the norm when sober etc.

As long as you are both in control then I dont see the problem. Getting slaughtered is a different story and not our scene anyway.

My boyfriend has a drinking problem. And although he's built up a tolerance, he drinks about 5 pints a night and it upsets me to the point that it's a real turn off. He's never abusive or anything, but he refuses to talk to me about the feelings behind the drinking. And that's also what's difficult. :( :(

On the other hand, I like a drink or two here and there, and enjoy tipsy sex. I like the added confidence. I once was very drunk and fell off the bed. It was actually one of the best nights I've had though - I did a striptease to Arctic Monkeys 'Humbug' album and I was so convinced I was a sex god I made him watch for like 20 minutes before he could touch me. The result was so much passion, it was mindblowing.

If I have a couple drinks, it loosens me up and makes me feel frisky but if I drink too much, I really can't do anything! If the OH drinks too much, he can't get it up!

If I have a couple drinks, it loosens me up and makes me feel frisky but if I drink too much, I really can't do anything! If the OH drinks too much, he can't get it up!

I very much like a few drinks before sex, just helps me relax and it can make me madly horny, but of course with the lowered inhibitions, you need to be with someone you trust if you want to be safe.
I've always had a discussion with partners while sober and we have been able to set the ground rules for drunken sex, so we know that the other one will never feel used etc.

Also I think as a woman its much easier to drink and have sex as there are not really erection problems to get in the way, so I am generally much likely to have a few more than a partner.

I think its each to their own though, of course some people love tipsy sex and some hate it but also some are very much in control even after a few drinks, others are much less so, and that can play a massive part.

ShannonMarlene wrote:

Interesting SM, I wondered if a couple might help a less confident lady. My OH doesn't usually drink on a few occasions she has it can be quite fun. She certainly was a little more relaxed in a nice way.![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)