Am I the only one?

I still think it’s best to judge people on their own merits rather than their personal circumstances. I mean, you might be right 80% of the time, but it’s a bit rough on the others. :slightly_smiling_face:

But I don’t think that is what this topic is about. It’s more of a ‘Am I alone in being happy alone?’ kind of thing. Purposefully single, very content, and still spending big dolla’ selfishly pleasuring yourself with all manner of things Lovehoney. And while I am not currently in that state, I do sometimes find myself yearning for it… :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with being single and experimenting alone.

I say game on - I spent a very very long time single before eventually deciding to finally get into dating (and met my now wife pretty soon after that) - but when I was single i definitely enjoyed exploring the pleasures my body can generate. Even now, happily married, my wife and myself both enjoy plenty of alone time…as well a great fun together. So nope - your not wierd…what works for you…is what works for you…

3 Likes

@BDSMFetish some people don’t have a choice, and not all parents of adults sit around watching Emmerdale.
And people with disabilities are not all the same, not by any means.

Think outside the box…

4 Likes

Spot on, couldn’t have said it better myself, and it’s great to see the consensus is overwhelmingly positive, or negative, depending on which way you read it. Negative, I’m not alone, positive, it’s a perfectly acceptable way to live your life if that’s what you choose.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has as an issue with men using sex toys etc in this generation it kind of the normal single or not.

2 Likes

I agree with @BDSMFetish nobody these days has an issue with any gender using sex toys why would they

1 Like

Ah this thread was really nice to read through and hear everyones’ stories! I too have been single for quite a while, not so much out of choice, though maybe subconsciously after having some bad years. I just haven’t connected with anyone really and am now a single guy in my 30s.

Like @newbie_analyst and @Analaddicted, I’m also very much an introvert and really struggle with putting myself out there, which has meant that I’ve missed out on being in relationships in the past and everything that goes with that. There are times when I do really miss being in a relationship, but then again, not having to share my place or anything with anyone, is pretty great at times haha.

I’ve only recently become more comfortable with exploring myself, thanks to Lovehoney and the purchases I’ve made and those weren’t even to fill a gap, they were purely just for self exploration. It’s been pretty great, as has the lovely people on the forum and I haven’t looked back since!

So in answer to the original question and as others before me have also said, no definitely not as uncommon as you’d think! :relaxed:

8 Likes