Bad News

Sorry, that should have obviously read ‘if’ the worst happens!!!

1 Like

Sorry to hear of this, amazingly it’s happening to loads at the mo… my dad recently got made redundant after working over 30 years in the dixons company as all the job roles have been compacted. Thankfully he was able to move right into another job with a different shop doing the same sort of roles.

3 Likes

@Gazza_64 Sorry to hear that, hopefully things work out.

1 Like

@Wood_Wow @AJSTAR @Latex73 @digdog2001 @steve19 @CurvyJilly @ChloJakes @Melody1 @Melody1 @WillC @Peitho @KinkyMira @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x @Serpentwand @Joe_90 @FortySomethingWife @Mrs.John @Kitty-Cat01 @Delboy1991 @SexySmoggy
Many thanks I am not going to sit on my laurels not mope about it ! We will see what we see tomorrow afternoon :+1: thanks again

8 Likes

Sorry to hear @Gazza_64 :slightly_frowning_face:

Definitely look into class 2/1 driving vacancies near you, you’ll probably find that there’s quite a few. Some companies will cover the cost of your training course too if you agree to stay with them for a minimum time period! Plus it can be a great way to see a little more of the country without the cost of a holiday!

1 Like

All the best @Gazza_64 thinking of you, its not great to be in that situation, my wife is been made redundant in September…
Fingers crossed you get sorted quickly.

1 Like

I’m waiting for this to come swinging towards myself come January, I’ve never had a day off sick in my life and a while back now I got a prolapsed disc in my back and have had 3 operations since fast forward to now back still isn’t fixed and I’m due back I Jan wish you well bud

1 Like

Oh noo, sorry to hear that. Keep your head up. Think positively!!

1 Like

@Gazza_64 i think you said before that you lived Cheshire way and you were thinking of HGV work if you are made redundant. Obviously i don’t know if you’re HGV licenced or need to train. But i think Gist are recruiting drivers and they have a huge depot in Crewe.
Just text GIST to 82228.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi all no news apart from x fucker style one of will know tomorrow late morning and the other 2 will carry on! Very short direct meeting with the final outcome to be determined by an unbiased process??? I don’t believe it for a second but we will see what tomorrow brings thanks again for all your comments and support as ever :+1: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear that @Gazza_64, I hope your job is safe mate, :slightly_frowning_face::crossed_fingers:

@Knight1119 we will know tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you @Gazza_64 :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

You should look for another job anyway even if you’re one of the “lucky” ones. Best outcome would be for all three of you to go and leave them in the lurch. :fu:

1 Like

Must have gotten the news by now. Either you are celebrating or no longer have access to a PC… Either way, my old boss used to say “Everything happens for a reason…”
I hated that saying but most times something shitty led to something better. Hang in there pal.

1 Like

Fingers crossed @Gazza_64 mate, unfortunately I know how it feels, I have been made redundant 8 times before, and as @valbowski77 said most times it leads to something better :crossed_fingers:

Well it’s me that’s going unfortunately ! After 13 yrs I got 19 days holiday so expecting @ about £22,000 maybe more based on notice period and holiday pay and government guidance on redundancy based on a capped £573 a week and 19 weeks redundancy pay ??? So we will see again later on :kissing_heart: thanks for all your support

Oh dear, onwards and upwards to better things! You’ll get dole for x weeks straight away as it’s not means tested, also any courses they will pay for you to do…

2 Likes

Sorry brother. Don’t jump into the next thing too quickly. You could always move to Canada! They are hiring everyone right now as unemployment is at an all time low. Relax if you can and enjoy some down time.
We are all excited to hear your new adventure. And a good person like you will always find something better…!

2 Likes

Sorry @Gazza_64 mate, we’re here for you :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like