Bad News

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64 hopefully this is a step to bigger and better things. Best wishes to you.

3 Likes

Gazza I hope that you can find something soon. I would definitely recommend speaking to the job centre, they love people who have skills and want work (they see an awful lot of people who are the opposite of that) x

4 Likes

Awwww @Gazza_64

Hang on in thereā€¦have a really good think what you want to do nextā€¦donā€™t jump in too quickly.

Hugs
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Oh no @Gazza_64 Big hug from me xx

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @Gazza_64 and the very best of luck in finding a new job

1 Like

That is such a shame @Gazza_64 but as others have said, grab the opportunity and see what is out there for you. Good luck.

1 Like

I heard not long ago that there are more job vacancies than unemployed people in the UK, so hereā€™s hoping you find a good one. :+1:

1 Like

Hang in there @Gazza_64
Hubby got made redundant suddenly when I got pregnant with our second. Was terrible timing, but he he got a much better job, which he never would of if heā€™d hadnā€™t of got made redundant.

Thinking of you all, itā€™s a really stressful time.

Xx

3 Likes

Onwards and upwards with your head held high.

1 Like

Things often happen for a reason .

2 Likes

Not sure, but if you are made redundant you can do most courses for retraining. You could always ask

1 Like

From my experience, you need to be careful the job centre doesnā€™t try and dump you onto agency work with zero hours contracts, a lot of my ex-workmates were. Not sure if they will pay for training, but they will help you with creating CVā€™s etc. Definitely think they prefer the more mature person with a work ethic and desire to get back into the workplace. They gave me a booklet with loads of companies and their career websites to plough through, and thatā€™s how i got employed again. One thing made me laugh/shocked meā€¦a poster on the wall advising not to wear headphones, baseball caps or chew gum in a job interviewā€¦Duh!

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be surprised what turns up these days! If at all they turn up

2 Likes

@Gazza_64 just had a little check in on this topic as I wanted to see how you got on, sorry to hear you was the one! Thereā€™s so much work out there at the moment, I always go with the flow and think it will lead you to something better.

Like I mentioned before Iā€™m expecting this come January, so we will see about mine, but take a little time for yourself and then go again! Iā€™m sure your highly employable being in your sane job for that long (8 years for myself).

Think fuck em itā€™s there loss.
Chin up!
Steve.

1 Like

Hi all update for the latest stage is that we will be done and dusted by the end of the month ! I have to propose any ideas to save myself so you know what I will say fook you pay me out lol I got nothing no fight left in this old dog I am cooked turn me over sad but letā€™s get on with it ! Again thanks for all words of support and thoughts :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

They expecting you to take a pay cut to save your job? Isnā€™t it THEIR job to think of ideas to save your job? You couldnā€™t make it up could you?
Good luck @Gazza_64 :+1:

1 Like

All the best @Gazza_64 mate. In just one of my redundancies, they made me sweat it out for three months, forcing me to regularly attend meetings with HR to push my case, then they gave me a final date when I would be told, on that day they coldly told me I was being made redundant, I had to then walk back into a big office, collect my belongings and leave, I was fuming, bunch of f****** w******.

2 Likes

@WillC @Knight1119 lol I know where you are both coming from lol too late , my minds elsewhere kn thinking next move and what can I do too protect myself and my family ! First thing is settle debts book any training I decide to do as my next job ! Then holiday with for the family ! Then a man sheā€™d for me lol my Mrs said you donā€™t need an office now you havenā€™t got that job ! As you said will you canā€™t write it ! Your the best guys I appreciate all your support :clap:

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @Gazza_64, good on you mate, family and debts sorted, weā€™re here for you :crossed_fingers::+1:

1 Like

Hi all tomorrowā€™s looming large and today I sent my CV to a contact via a professional media site 4.10 had 2 emails of the CEO is there any chance we can chat :speech_balloon: as a result of said chat I am going to have a meeting with them on Tuesday morning :crossed_fingers:so possibly be redundant for 2 then straight back at it

7 Likes