Body Hair?

Just wondering on what other women think of guys with body hair?

Me personally I love it but have a few friends who cannot stand it and wouldn't ever be with a guy who has body hair.

i love body hair! not a really hairy back though . . . but i suppose with the right guy u wouldnt care what hair they have! but i love to run my fingers through chest hair . . . and the lower stufff ;)

:)

xxx

I have a hairy chest and legs but it stops there !

Some of my friends have hairy backs and I feel for them...

I have always liked my hairy chest as I feel it shows masculinity some men dont have any and it just looks weird like a child !

I love chest hair (I called it a love rug) nothing sexier than running your fingers through it or when you are cuddling to rest your head on it

my nick name is the Italian Stallion LOL

i like a bit of chest hair ,but not a hairy back

my oh has hair all over and i love it xx

I like a guy with leg hair obvs... and a nice trim down below, but I cannot stand chest and facial hair!!! Luckily mine doesnt have any chest hair and shaves often so its allll good :P dont know what I would do if he stopped shaving o.O x

I prefer men not to have body hair on his chest or back (a little bit of hair on the chest is fine) Legs is absolutely fine, pubic hair i don't care about much, and i never used to like facial hair until my current Boyfriend, which i actually prefer him to have facial hair.

Lovehoney - Chelsea wrote:

My OH has body hair on his chest and back and I honestly couldn't care less- sure it's not the most loveliest thing to look at but I've never understood people's gripes with it....

1. It can be waxed/lazered/trimmed

2. It's not as if the back is an area that is important... I have to stare at his face every day and not his back so I don't see an issue.

I find it interesting to see that some people view this is as a deal breaker and I think it is such a shame for if that's how I believed, I would now not have spent the past 3 years with a lovely, well educated and funny individual who makes me very very happy.

That said, waxing him is fun, especially when he's made me angry! :-P

Ditto! although I've not tried waxing.. doubt he'll be up for it lol.

I personally see it as a sign of masculinity but I've not had a preference on it. My OH is handsome and sexy just the way he is. Wouldn't change a thing; hair and all. Like LB, I find it comforting and easier to cuddle up with.

I think a guy waxing/shaving any part of his body is the worst thing ever. Men are supposed to have hair - not very hairy backs though (like the Foster's advert). I once saw a guy at a beach who clearly shaved his arm pits - why on earth would you do that?!

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I once saw a guy at a beach who clearly shaved his arm pits - why on earth would you do that?!

WHY? Oh God WHYYYY??

I think men are meant to be hairy, but as PPD said, too much back hair can look a little gross. Full-faced beards are strange for me too, I couldn't be with someone who had a 'bushy' beard :/

Chest, leg, armpit and facial hair is all good as long as it's not too out of control and clean and hygienic :)

I dont mind either. Although funnily enough most the guys i have dated have had barely any hair at all.

I wouldnt like a extra hairy bum though.... might put me off using the strap on ;-)

I ilke a man to look like a man. This to mean that he should have some hair in his chest. Hairy backs are not attractive, but still better than the boyish-hairless look.

I have never been with a man who had body hair as in chest and back. Not sure its my cup of tea due to the lack of experience but I am definately not keen on chest hair poking out the tops of shirts - so that leads me to think i would find it a turn on.

I like facial hair (not a full on santa beard though!) some sexy stuble. But leg/arm/armpit hair is totally normal so never give much thought

My man shaves his armpits, and on my request his legs, and everything else.

The armpits for him are because he 'feels' cleaner, the same way I do. He shaves his legs because it suits his stockings better (Hairy Fishnets? No thank you!)

He shaves everywhere down-there, because we both prefer it, I think it looks better, He feels more comfortable, and no awkward "Getting hair out of the back of my throat" *giggles*

*applauds Hella's Good Taste*

Just out of curiosity, anyone know why there is a double standard for many people regarding male and female body hair?

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

A little bit of a trail and trimmed arm/leg/underarm hair is as much as I like. A definite fan of smooth men. :)

totally agree, i cannot stand hairy chests or backs or shoulders,eeek im shuddering typing it, so as you can guess i cannot stand hairy men, my best friends husband is like a gorilla and his chest area is like a rug, i find it stomach churning but she loves it, so its all good that we are different

Cat Lady wrote:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know why there is a double standard for many people regarding male and female body hair?

Several things - Art in the renissence period (all the big chubbly ladies on couches) were all painted without hair- often because the artist didn't know women got hairy - there was a famous one (cant remember which) who was apparently horrified when he got married and found that out.

Up until the 19th century it was common for girls to be married off anywhere between 12 and 14, as such an ideal of the hairless beauty was based off this pre-pubescent idea.

Since then, particuarly in US and UK there has been the idea that body hair is unclean/gross - parrticuarly until anti-perspirents became particuarly effective.

A womans beauty is often commented on in regards to the smoothness of her skin.

On the flip side, the 'ALPHA' male has always been of the big strong hunter gather provider.

The bigger and burlier the odds are more testosterone = more hair.

Plus as women shaved and were smoothe if men did it it meant you were a bit queer, Why? You aren't a big girl are you?

Counter in bucketloads of social and psychological conditioning and its become the way it is.

Example of silly logic handed down the generations:

"My mother cuts the end off the roast before cooking, one day I asked her why. She said that was because it was how her mother did it. So I went to my grandmother and asked her why she cut the end off the roast, and she said that was because how HER mother did it.

So I went and asked my great Grandmother, and she said "Because it didnt fit in the pan."