Breakfast, Dinner, Tea?

No one has mentioned Second Breakfast? Or Supper?

Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea, and then Supper.

Edit: Turns out people have mentioned a lot of these things and I can’t read. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Being from the States it’s breakfast/lunch/dinner, but my partner who is from the Northeast of England says breakfast/dinner/tea (although he’s learning my way so he doesn’t confuse me :rofl:)

2 Likes

Lunch is for posh people! We have “Dinna” :wink:

1 Like

Down South: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner for me

1 Like

Breakfast, crib, lunch, supper/dinner

(Crib is basically cornish dialect for a break to eat/have tea. Usually mid morning)

2 Likes

Breakfast, dinner then supper here in South Wales.

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

I can get behind having a crib break every once in a while!

1 Like

I suppose one could argue that the phrase “Dinner” refers to a cooked meal, hence the school “dinner” meaning that you have a cooked meal at lunch time and so that is your “dinner” for the day so when you get home you might have something light like a sandwich and a cup of tea hence “tea” because it’s not lunch time.

It’s also a throwback to “High Tea” which was normally served around 6 p.m.

And before you say it, I need to get out more… I know! :smiley: But I PROMISE you’ll want me on your team for the pub quiz.

Mr V.

5 Likes

We have a pub quiz here usually on a Wednesday!

2 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: We have croust too, which is basically afternon tea. But its the kind of thing you go to a teashop for really. Like tea + cake + chat kind of thing

1 Like

It gets even better! :rofl::rofl: I’ll start house hunting in Cornwall……:house::house:

I’m a breakfast, lunch and dinner girl.

But then again, brunch happens way to often over weekends!

1 Like

Or a liquid lunch? :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@KentCouple1990 Haaaaaaa. I actually love day time drinking. Nothing like drinking in Edinburgh from 11am, then rolling back on the 7pm train and having my neighbour come rescue me :joy:

4 Likes

What’s the saying ‘it’s not day drinking unless it starts in the morning’ I’d happily stuff the food and have drinks for breakfast, lunch and dinner when you are on a good drinking session :rofl::rofl:

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner x

Same here, breakfast, lunch and tea​:blush:

1 Like

We’re from Yorkshire.

Breakfast
Dinner
Tea
Supper

Definitely.

3 Likes

Breakfast, Dinner, Tea, Supper.

I’m astounded anyone uses any other terms.
In fact offended.

Unless you’re Australian. Any country that uses “the C word” like they do can call a meal what the f%#k they want!