Brutul advice needed!!

Hello folks!

In advance, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm just after a bit of advice really.

I'm often left feeling deflated from my relationship I am in. I have been with this guy for 2 months. I know what your all thinking- 2 months and already not happy, what am I still doing with him?

He has all the personality traits I have been looking for ,great appearance, great job etc etc and honestly the list could go on. Everything except I feel like I'm really lacking any attention. I got more attention last night from two different guys than him - it's not theirs I want!!!

My motto on relationships has always been ' if they don't enhance your life and make you happier, get rid.' We've already 'had words' and I honestly think it's just his personality- exceptionally laid back. He fails to do any of the little things that really mean the most to me. And I feel it's such a shame when he is just everything I have been looking for in every other department.

It really upsets me, to know I've found someone almost very nearly perfect!!

Do I really have to start again?

I know that at the start of the relationship it's supposed to be the best as it's so new and exciting and if I'm feeling how I am now, then why am I clinging onto him?

I really do feel strongly for him as he does me (even though he doesn't show it) and keep trying to give him the benefit of doubt,but I'm already getting tired of feeling upset.

I've never had a boyfriend that hasn't always made a huge effort to impress me? So am I just expecting too much?

When posting a reply , please don't beat around the Bush to spare my feelings. Say it straight guys !! Much Appreciated!!

Bow ![](upload://7FkB1REUa7tcpRkNGIya8WdAFD6.gif)

Honestly, I think you know the answer. Doesn't make it any easier though I know.

He is the way he is. Unless you are 100% happy with that then it won't work.

Sometimes the people we think should be perfect for us just aren't, and someone who we think wouldn't be right for us because they don't tick all our boxes could be just the person to make us the happiest we can be.

Personally if I wasn't totally loved up and full of the joys after 2 months I'd move on. Better to start again now, than 3, 5, 10 years down the line when you realise things are the same or worse than they are now and you still aren't happy.

Only you know what's best for you, but from the sounds of it staying with him isn;t going to make you all that happy, despite how potentially perfect he might be

Lots of luck, hope you figure it all out.

xxx

Hello Bow,

I'm sorry that you're feeling like this.

I agree with what you are saying about it being early days and this should bee he best time and that's true but I think that however long a relationship has been going on for you should always feel the same amount of love for someone whether it's two months, two years or twenty years. However you choose to show it!

From a personal opinion I think I would probably feel the same way you do. let's face it, who wouldn't want to get attention from the one they love?! Everyone shows their affection in different ways though so it's importabt to know how he is showing maybe in other ways that he cares. You say you have spoken to him about this before and nothing has changed. What did you say? We're you completely honest with him about how he is making you feel? Is he shy? Is it that he doesn't show you attention when you are in public?

I would suggest that even though you have spoken to him before this has clearly not changed Anyang so have another word with him and tell him what you want and listen to what he has to say. If you are not happy now, then you will probably not be happy with your current situation in the future. Don't keep it bottled up is my advice.

And finally don't feel bad because quite frankly who doesn't like to receive attention from their other halves and feel loved.

Goodluck, take care.

Sorry to say this but if you're feeling like this now then get out you've tried talking already sounds like he's not the one.

Hi hunni,

That's a shame you are feeling like this so early on in the relationship. If I were in your position and was asking these questions I think I would know the answer and it would be to break it off. Maybe it will give him a shake up and he will change but no one should be made to feel like they lack in attention as you say. The first few months are supposed to make you happy anf even from then on. Good luck to you what ever you decide though :) x

Hi hunni,

That's a shame you are feeling like this so early on in the relationship. If I were in your position and was asking these questions I think I would know the answer and it would be to break it off. Maybe it will give him a shake up and he will change but no one should be made to feel like they lack in attention as you say. The first few months are supposed to make you happy anf even from then on. Good luck to you what ever you decide though :) x

LadyS wrote:

Honestly, I think you know the answer. Doesn't make it any easier though I know.

Sometimes the people we think should be perfect for us just aren't, and someone who we think wouldn't be right for us because they don't tick all our boxes could be just the person to make us the happiest we can be.

Personally if I wasn't totally loved up and full of the joys after 2 months I'd move on. Better to start again now, than 3, 5, 10 years down the line when you realise things are the same or worse than they are now and you still aren't happy.

Only you know what's best for you, but from the sounds of it staying with him isn;t going to make you all that happy, despite how potentially perfect he might be

xxx

+1 to this

If a guy isn't giving you any attention 2 months into a relationship he certainly won't a year or more down the line. When it comes down to it money, job security, looks etc aren't so important and may not last; it is how a partner makes you feel about yourself and how you feel about him that is key.

Hard though it seems, I would cut my losses now.

wishing you all luck with whatever you decide x

It's unlikely he'll change in the way you want him to, in fact if anything he'd probably get less attentive over time.

I think the ball is in your court, if you need that attention from a potential partner, then it's best to move on now. If it's preferable but not really that necessary then you could give it a go. But it does sound like prolonging it will hurt you more in the long run.

As has been said, better to find out now that you're not 100% compatible before it's too late.

capricorn13 wrote:

LadyS wrote:

xxx

+1 to this

If a guy isn't giving you any attention 2 months into a relationship he certainly won't a year or more down the line. When it comes down to it money, job security, looks etc aren't so important and may not last; it is how a partner makes you feel about yourself and how you feel about him that is key.

Hard though it seems, I would cut my losses now.

wishing you all luck with whatever you decide x

Perfectly worded!

Thanks so much guys. And I've told him exactly how I feel. I've always been one to speak my mind haha. Much appreciated for the honesty!!!!!! Such a shame. We get on so well, it's like we've known each other for years. This one is going to hurt 3

It sounds like a guy who is maybe worth trying to keep as a friend, but not as a romantic partner. It sounds like he's not giving you emotional support the way you need it, and that's not likely to change. Best of luck. Relationships are hard.

Npw im just gunna throw something else into it,im still early days with my bf n we are great now we had a break(he freaked) but I felt somewhat similar to you in some respects n when we was tryna sort things out we did a lot of talking but he told me he found all the romance thing hard n he really stuggleed to talk about things n open up yes at times he still does struggle but im just saying if you really care for him prehaps cut him some slack, honestly if their worth it in other aspects maybe worth chatting and taking some times to discuss what you both want. ?.

For me it was just to feel like his girlfriends and have his time, it wasnt fancy gifts or fancy dates

I agree not to just take this at face value. Some guys really do find it hard to express themselves. Sure, if you really can't get the support you need from him, you need to move on. Just be careful- maybe he thinks he's already giving it to you, but in a way that isn't so obvious. I'd say talk before you walk...

sassykitten;) wrote:

Npw im just gunna throw something else into it,im still early days with my bf n we are great now we had a break(he freaked) but I felt somewhat similar to you in some respects n when we was tryna sort things out we did a lot of talking but he told me he found all the romance thing hard n he really stuggleed to talk about things n open up yes at times he still does struggle but im just saying if you really care for him prehaps cut him some slack, honestly if their worth it in other aspects maybe worth chatting and taking some times to discuss what you both want. ?.

For me it was just to feel like his girlfriends and have his time, it wasnt fancy gifts or fancy dates

You don't need fancy dates we never had them but I felt loved gifts were thought out as well still got the first cuddly he brought me, hand h holding ect are very important not all the time but you do need to feel your a couple otherwise your best friends but not a couple big difference.

LadyS wrote:

xxx

Sorry hun but i totally agree with this and the other comments on here.listen to what you heart is really telling you. But it looks like he is not looking after you and giving you all the love and attettion that you need and deserve. Good luck and know we are all here for you xx

SR36 wrote:

I agree not to just take this at face value. Some guys really do find it hard to express themselves. Sure, if you really can't get the support you need from him, you need to move on. Just be careful- maybe he thinks he's already giving it to you, but in a way that isn't so obvious. I'd say talk before you walk...

Have to say I completely agree with the above poster. You were not very specific in the type of attention you felt was lacking, is it intimacy, compliments declarations of love, or all of these and more.

I have mentioned elsewhere that my wife refers to me as an "emotional retard" a character flaw that does infuriate her, but one that she also understands. I had a very unconventional childhood having been mainly raised by my father who although a great man in many respects, was an alcoholic and heroin addict. He taught me a lot about music, art , literature and how to distill over the counter pharmacuticals into potent highs. Having said that the nurturing and caring side.... not really his strong point. I lived with my Mum from the ages of 14-18, but having never had the opportunity to raise me from a young age she struggled with showing a maternal nature.

Its obviously easy for me to blame the difficulty with expressing emotion at my childhood, it might be true or it might be just the way I am. A lot of social behaviour that other people take for granted e.g hugging people when they meet, being effusive with relatives does not come naturally to me. I am in no way autistic and now that I have my own family I am getting better, but I still struggle with many aspects of relationships that come naturally to others.

I have a very logical approach to happiness, on my day off I will clean, cook and do odd jobs around the house. My wife will come in and within 10 minutes be annoyed. Why? Because I didn't ask how her day was - and the fact is she is right..... but asking just doesn't ocur to me.

She may pull me up on never mentioning that she looks pretty, I'm puzzled, has she looked in a mirror? She clearly looks better than any woman we know.

I don't tell her i love her enough times, I'm puzzled, I told her a few weeks ago surely nothings changed?

There's more little things that I should do and say that I don't , simply because they don't occur to me. I'm not being wilfully negligent, but if these responses aren't my nature? I always need to think to be spontaneous.... which is a contradiction in itself.

If any of the things I've said seem to ring true about your partner give him a little more time, for some declarations of love and affection are as natural as breathing. For people like me when I say I love my wife its not because I think I should, or its just part of my natural speech, its because at that exact moment, at that exact time I'm expressing my pure feelings and not a valentines day card message.

When I say she's beautiful ? At that moment it will be because for me at least, she will be the most perfect woman in the world.

It will never be often , but it will always be with true feeling, and that at least for us works most of the time.

As to whether people can change? My Mum who I can only remember hugging me once in my life (her 60th drunk on ouzo- ended badly when with genuine surprise I asked "what the fuck are you doing") has become a Grandmother for the fourth time with my half-sisters son. Whereas before she struggled with my kids in developing a natural relationship she has managed to finally become the perfect maternal Grandmother. I'm not jealous , far from it, after 3 score years and ten she can finally be free with her feelings.

I've rambled far too much, its been two months! You've barely scratched the surface! Yeah he might not be right fir you but maybe dont dismiss him yet. You might not get huge amounts of attention but maybe the quality will suffice.

Wow reading this does sound pretty familiar. Maybe he doesn't know how to be around.d girls. His mum died when he was 17 and he is such a yes man to all his friends. He's the 'nice guy' I think it's probably just how he is. He's trying to keep everyone happy yet not realising he's upsetting me in the proceedings. To be fair he did get very angry when I told him I wanted to leave the bar we were in as someone there was constantly trying to talk to me or touch my bum!! Which is a side I've never seen. He doesn't really show he cares and that shocked me ! I think I shall try and stick it out as I have strong feelings for him. However , if it continues to bug me I shall have to do what's best for me. I shall keep you all posted and it's so good to see different people's points of view. I know if I end the relationship it won't take him long to get someone else. One of his exes from ages ago keeps trying to 'win' him back although he's obviously disinterested.

Once again thanks guys !! Ah don't you just love lovehoney !! The product's and the forums !!!!

Good luck hun, im hoping for you hes just not realising when I spoke to my bf he was so sorry n he said he hadnt realised I feel like his fwb rather than his gf n as I say to him yeah your one of the boys I never will stop him in anything he wants to do but I just wanted to feel im his gf, now few months on since our split we are better than ever,sex is better, n all in all better... everyone advised him not to go back but I had to hear him out n we tried so hard to talk it out n it worked :) I wish you all the best no matter the outcome x

Thanks ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Hi guys

So I thought I'd keep you updated on this post.

I broke up with him last night. He continues to disappoint me. He's not enhancing my life,but I feel makes it harder.

Not sure I've ever clicked with someone so fast like him before.

Truly ![](upload://7FkB1REUa7tcpRkNGIya8WdAFD6.gif)

Bow x