Can anyone shed some light on this (age gaps)

I’ve mostly been attracted to older men, I’ve spoken/flirted with men 20-30 years my senior and it feels right, there seems to be a connection and we click, they know what they want, they communicate what they want much more clearly and they are more upfront about things in general. I find with older men they don’t play games or beat around the bush, I think for me anyway, it’s that little bit more life experience that is attractive.

4 Likes

That’s so cool good for you! I remember the girls in my friendship/acquaintances/ peer group when we were/I was 19 would have considered 24 as OLD :astonished::astonished::speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:let alone anyone in their 40s. Just shallow - Good to see open minded exist!

1 Like

I love the idea of an older man, and am generally more attracted to those considerably older than me. I am 19.

5 Likes

Ohh this is soo interesting!
Just my opinion but I think a lot of this is about power dynamics - the older partner is expected to be sexually experienced, to know what they want from the relationship and be able to take it, and to be able to educate the younger partner in some way. All very sexy qualities. The older partner might also have more material resources, although that isn’t a given and doesn’t seem to be a deciding factor. This dynamic works for couples of all orientations.
Then there are some additional wrinkles - for the older partner, the relationship could also be about feeling younger than their biological age, reclaiming their youth, and getting the chance of a ‘do-over’ for things they missed out on in their younger years. For the younger partner, it might also be about security, stability and commitment - qualities that are harder to find in their age-group.
It wasn’t right for me when I was younger. When I was 21, I turned down a serious relationship offer from a friend who was 45 at the time, on the grounds that I wanted a relationship in which I was an equal partner and I felt the age gap would not allow that. Now, if I was single, would I be looking only at men my own age? Hell no.

4 Likes

So I’m 40 and my partner of 15 years is 72. Nope, he’s not rich, not a “daddy” figure. He was my driving instructor and we just clicked.
Older men for me was never a fantasy, just that I get on better with them. All my male swinging partners have been older (50-65).
With women, I tend to stick to my age or older with the odd younger lady.
It’s just about who I’m attracted to mentally and physically and it’s older men that seems to do it for me.

8 Likes

@Purring-Pussy agreed, it’s absolutely about that! Always

3 Likes