Custom Forum Badges

Random idea only, how about a badge for those from Europe, US, Canada Australia etc ? Having said that I can also see a few problems with that too.

Sorry, I’m not arguing with you. :slightly_smiling_face: You are more than entitled to not like the idea of new badges/the badges at all. I was just trying to adapt the idea to fold in your points (which I can see the merit of).

I meant that if the Badges/New Titles are just given to everyone at a set point and are not connected to post count then there wouldn’t be an incentive to spam/filler post for them.

And you’re right, it’s really not up to us. :slightly_smiling_face: I think the debate is useful though as it may inform their choices. And now you’ve pointed out the pitfalls of an ‘x amount of posts’ style badge it may dissuade them from introducing that kind of formula. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry if this is a bit serious. :slightly_smiling_face: Working out what we want and how it could work can get a little technical, but once it’s up and running it should just blend right in. :+1:

There’s definitely space for some Custom Badges on here, but exactly what they are and when they’re implemented is up to Brenna/Brenna’s boss. :slightly_smiling_face: But Brenna has asked us to throw some ideas round, so this is very much a part of that. :+1:

Hopefully we all agree the Badges are relatively meaningless, and don’t confer any special powers on anyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

The more I mull it over the more I like the idea of inserting a batch when you gain TL2. They wouldn’t have to have anything to do with the categories, they could just be 5 (ish) sex/sexy descriptions (eg Bondage Badass, Lingerie Lover, Bum Fun Bobby, and so on), and you can then pick and choose from them or any of the existing Badge Titles you’ve earned depending on your mood.

This would also give people a handful of titles to play with even if they’ve not earned many of the other Badges yet.

The requirements for TL2 are quite gentle, and focus more on logging in and reading than posting, so there should be no extra encouragement from these to just post for the post count. And because almost everyone would have them they couldn’t be used to say ‘I’m Johnny Big Balls!’ (they’d be more ‘I’m interested in this’ rather than ‘I know a lot about this’)

The only difference most existing active people would see would be 5 extra Titles in the dropdown, and maybe a small burst of new Badge notifications. For new people they’d get a ‘Congratulations! You’re TL2! Have some Titles. :+1:’ message when they get promoted (and maybe a small burst of Badge notifications).

How does that sound to everyone? Any changes/problems?

1 Like

I think it sounds good, a few comedy titles to express your mood or Lovehoney product preferences is all I’m really after.

Maybe an “Out of Office” or comedy equivalent title for if you know you’re going to be without internet access for a bit or need family time but don’t want anyone to worry…

2 Likes

Yeah @Mint-Monster and @Blonde_Bunny would be the most vocal dildo destroyers on the forum imo

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying. Some people will like the badges and others will find them irritating.

Personally I don’t mind these suggestions, but perhaps these should be in a separate badge category, eg a fun badge category section. That way those who don’t like them can just ignore them. Bit like the Tesco Clubcard, don’t have to collect points if you don’t want to.

I think this thread just illustrates the different ways people use the forum, and interact with each other. Perhaps there could be some custom badges that indicate our preferred usage so people can self select and not feel like they’re missing out?

For example:
Infrequent visitor
Cliques fast
Dodging badges
Replies daily

Obviously, people can choose not to get all the badges. And some would argue that the Basic badge covers this, but there may be members who are engaged/invested in the forum who just by their nature don’t want to feel the need to chase badges.

This feature would be different to the current tier system in that people would not be able to select all the badges. So, someone who selects “Replies daily” would not also be able to select “Infrequent visitor”.

Just throwing out suggestions, here.

3 Likes

I think I have an easy, non-controversial suggestion for a new badge: :slightly_smiling_face:

:3rd_place_medal: Nice Intro!

Criteria: Create one new topic in #introduce-yourself

Short Blurb:

Introduce yourself in the #introduce-yourself category.

Long Blurb:

This badge is granted when you introduce yourself in the #introduce-yourself category. Saying hello and telling everyone a bit about yourself is a great way to break the ice, and it gives everyone a chance to roll out the red carpet and give you an official Lovehoney Forum welcome. :bouquet::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I never did actually introduce myself when I joined!

1 Like

There’s still time. :slightly_smiling_face: If you click any of the Introduce Yourself links it’ll half fill it out for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t think I ever did one neither.
But I don’t see this badge in my ‘badges’ - why is that ?

Because it doesn’t exist. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the topic to suggest new badge ideas. :+1:

Oh haha :rofl:

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp Why is it every time I pop into this thread I think of Blazing Saddles…:thinking::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure I get the link, but I hope I’m Gene Wilder. :slightly_smiling_face:

“Badges. We don’t need no stinking badges.” :slightly_smiling_face:

Jesus, that took me ages. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have another. :slightly_smiling_face::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

:3rd_place_medal: More than two shakes…

Criteria: Spend longer than 2 minutes looking at the lingerie photo topic

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

We have a few badges for consecutive visits (10, 100, 365), but nothing for non-consecutive visits. It’d be nice to have something for people who don’t log on as religiously, but who still visit fairly often.

I’m thinking of something like:

:3rd_place_medal: Lovehoney 69

Visited 69 days

This badge is granted for visiting 69 days. We hope you’re enjoying the place as much as we enjoy having you here!

(This can be awarded multiple times)

4 Likes

Is this still something that may be happening @Lovehoney_Brenna?