Does Anyone have any advice for Internet dating with M.E/C.F.S?

Thanks @JoCat @AJSTAR @Kitty-Cat01
Yes, I’ve decided to take it off. It seems quite ironic that people ask most for honesty but dont seem to like it when they get it :woman_shrugging: ho hum.

@AJSTAR yes, I’m just going to try and treat it like chatting to visitors down the pub. Chances are i will never see them again, but that doesn’t mean i cant be friendly and have a nice conversation.

@Kitty-Cat01 most people dont seem to even bother to read my profile so googling M.E. is unlikely to happen i feel :rofl:
I agree, it sucks.

3 Likes

I wish you more success once you have removed the details. I think the illness can be discussed when you feel it appropriate. @Green_Eyed_Girl

1 Like

Well ive managed to talk to one person in loose strokes about it so far and they didnt run away screaming, so this seems like a plan.
Will obviously explain fully if it goes anywhere. Id rather people Didnt get a surprise later down the line.

5 Likes

Thats great @Green_Eyed_Girl
I think that approach is perfect, I don’t think everyone deserves to know everything about you. People have to prove themselves to get to the next onion layer :wink:

3 Likes

Go girl ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I keep getting asked why i am still single :rofl: i ask myself this often and still have no clue. Its actually hilarious how confused they seem by it.

Fantastic! And yes that’s what I mostly do now is chat like they’re a passing moment to fill then if they stay connected great but if vanish come the next day, oh well :blush:

It seems like a good plan. Trying not to commit too much time/energy to it is going to be the trick for me. I like a good conversation but dont want to sink a ton of energy into it.

2 Likes

Yes mental energy is the thing that really gets me too when getting to know someone who then vanishes :confounded:

1 Like

I agree I wouldn’t mention it until you meet as it’s easier to explain face to face rather than typing it all out. It affects people differently and if they “google it” no doubt it will give the worse case scenario.

Focus on your likes and dislikes…everyone has something that perhaps they wouldn’t share straight away.

I think my partner is still finding out new things about me and me likewise with him.

Internet dating is difficult…don’t get disheartened.

Good Luck

1 Like

Thanks @CurvyJilly . Yes, anything with an acronym seems too much for people.
Thanks for the well wishes. I am just going to poke my toes in the water and see how it goes. No expectations.

@GoGirl12 you may have a point. I figure if someone asks though, i am just going to tell them the short version. If they cant handle that after I’ve talked to them for a bit, then whats the point of going to the trouble of meeting them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommend. Sadly fabdating was a washout. There are about 6 people near me :rofl:
Makes me wonder if im just in a black spot internet dating wise.

Kind of considering just saying stuff it and joining you lot on the swingers site.

@Green_Eyed_Girl are you not down south? Surely there must be some one out there, do not lose heart.

I am kind of in the back of beyond cornwall. Doesnt help.
Maybe people just arent into internet dating around here :woman_shrugging:
The last two dates i had where guys that live in devon.
Devon

Not exactly down the street :woman_facepalming:

Maybe it’s worth a shot? At least you know a bit about the site from people on the forum, they can offer you advice and you can always chat to people for a while and there’s no pressure to act on anything if you decide you don’t want to.

1 Like

Hi @Green_Eyed_Girl, I’ve just joined fab and over the 2 days so far I’ve come to realise that I am so far removed from everyone but I have found that socially I have also just enjoyed chatting to people who are into similar things to me or even if they’re not it’s still fun to talk about what they enjoy. A lot of it is surface discussion but there are already a few that if I do find myself passing through or close enough to properly engage we will meet for a drink atleast. While these sites sometimes come with an end goal, it’s also nice to engage. Saying that though, we have LH for that :smiley: In the end, I hope you know you’re own self worth and hold onto that through any bad times. It’s amazing that although we may all be so different is certain regards, we all struggle through a lot of the same situations when it comes to connecting with people. I wish you good luck and I can only hope that in the end there is a happy ending x

5 Likes

Well said @bexltonline you say some wonderful and realistic /sensible things. i must look on fab. There is someone out there for everyone.

Thanks. What a lovely message. I have just actually joined and then spent way too much time wading through messages. Have found some nice people to chat to as well. It has a nice feel on there. Remind me of here a little.
After other dating sites it is a breath of fresh air.

I have no idea what to write on my profile. How specific is it good to be guys? Any advice?

1 Like

If you go to your privacy settings you can set message filters for who can contact you. I always have mine set so that no one can vintact me and then I chat in the forums.
This way I can find people that I’m interested in myself and not spending all my time doing admin.
If you send a message that opens the door for that person to reply, so they have to be really appealing for me to do that.
People on there will tell a blank profile that they’re gorgeous and sound like what they’re looking for, those ones have no interest in the person and the filters block them.

Take the waders off and take the control x

Im still trying to figure out the forums. The setup is kind of unusual and I’m not even sure where to begin with it to be honest.
I know i need to overhaul what i wrote in my profile. Right now it is not helping.