Eunuch what people think about it?

I think all your points are valid and you are right in all points and I don’t feel so uncomfortable about her saying that now thanks JoCat :blush:

2 Likes

I’m glad.
It sounds like today has been a relatively good day for you.

1 Like

Yes it has been a better day not worrying now about the appointment. I have made a plan with myself to get fit again and loose some weight. Make myself fitter and healthier. This will hopefully make my mood better as well but one step at a time. I am not aloud to do anything strenuous for 4 weeks so I will have to lay off work as my job as a plumber can involve heavy lifting and moving in tight spaces which wouldn’t help the healing process.

Go for walks with some good music or an audiobook in your ears. Once you start looking for the preety places to walk where you live, you’ll find that theres loads.

1 Like

As soon as I can walk any distance without discomfort or risking the wound breaking down I will be doing lots of walking.

1 Like

It was going so well today until I go to bed and can’t sleep as thing wizzing through my head! How annoying!!

1 Like

Very annoying @lumberjack, but you’ve had a good day today, which is brill. Just resting isn’t quite as good as sleep, but it is all helpful. How about some soothing music?

@lumberjack my sleeping pattern is all over the place at the moment.

Last night I threw everything at it. Lavender pulse point roll on. Herbal sleeping tablet. Warm socks. Even a teddy bear to hug.

Actually only woke once in the night, then 6am. Maybe try some of these?

Will you take any counselling after recovering? This is a new and hopefully pain free chapter of your life, but change can be tricky without support x

2 Likes

I love walking, seeing and hearing the things around me, and it maintains fitness without generally tearing muscles and so on. I didn’t sleep much either last night, it depends what’s going on in my mind. :sleeping:

1 Like

Fell asleep soon after I sent that message must have been the act of messaging that sent me to sleep lol!! As you can see I have been asleep a good while this is the first time I have woken with discomfort all night. Must be getting better. Taken pain meds again. So hopefully back to sleep for me now till 08.30 when my alarm goes off .

2 Likes

Thank you for all the tips I will make sure I use them when I can’t sleep again.

I suspect I will need quite a bit of counselling and try to work through stuff. It has been a traumatic journey with lots of ups and downs.

I am trying to be positive and look at all the positives in the last week. I am lucky I had a finance package as would have been a while before I had the money to pay for this surgery.

I am planning to pay it off asap when I am back working thank goodness I also had a bit of money saved up so I could take this time off work

3 Likes

I have had an ok day, I am still at my friends they have been really nice. I have spent most of the day on the couch watching films with their children and watching them play Video Games on their console.
I am still not feeling up to much. But just nice to be around other people.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re exactly where you need to be!

I have been really well looked after. I am however going home on Sunday after lunch with them. we are having lamb which is my favourite.

3 Likes

It’ll be nice to sleep in your own bed

Yea definitely I will be lovely in my double bed rather than the single I am in at the moment

2 Likes

Oh and I can have a lovely shower tomorrow as well really looking forward to that!! Probably more than my own bed to be honest

4 Likes

Make sure to stop into the shop on your way home for some essentials. Bread, milk, giant bar of dairy milk…just as you’ve been away longer than you planned.

3 Likes

Yes indeed I will have very bad milk in the fridge the bread will be green and I do like a nice bar of chocolate but my fave is galaxy. I will definitely need the essentials. I will also have crappy post to deal with as well lol :joy:. Ali my friend will take me to the shop I am sure, before I have to deal with my empty home.

1 Like

Well I am home got provisions from the local shop including a Galaxy chocolate bar lol! Have the heating on as was very cold when I got in the house. the fire is lit and the water is heating up for my first post op shower which will be in half an hour then will probably relax on the couch and watch some Tv.

5 Likes