Failed sex toys

No brands or market places please. Keep replies generic in nature. I have full admiration for Love Honey actually peer reviewing any new product they are looking to add to their line up. I only know of a couple other sites that do something similar to weed out the junk but there is certainly a lot of junk out there advertised as sex toys. What were your big fails because I have many. My purchases could be based on a curiosity so wanted to go cheap just to try. Sometimes I got caught up in bogus online reviews, other times something just seemed like a better turn on than it really was. I also got dupped by a few knock offs of brand name items.

Case in pointā€¦ I was interested in trying an inflatable butt plug but not sure if I would really get into so went cheap with the intention of upgrading if it was my thing. First use it ruptured and I ended up farting the rest of the day. Still donā€™t own one.

I used to own a craftsmen made cane but it broke one day after years of use. I tried several synthetic ones but either they were too limp or broke. Still looking for the hand made ratan with leather or string wrapped grip.

Non-piercing jewelry. I started a specific discussion on this one. I have purchased all kinds and while some were fun they only work for playing. Trying to wear it all day it either becomes uncomfortable or get knocked off by clothing.

Lots of restraints, collars, Velcro this or that available, but none compare to a supple leather with quality buckles. Big difference in price but worth it if you are into it.

Clothing is hit or miss. I have purchased a lot but much went in the bin for not fitting or not fitting the way it showed in the photos.

Latex clothing. Most I got right except the shorts / pants. I always seemed to have an issue with constantly having to pull them up in the back end. Eventually went with a hobble skirt instead but still would like the pants but after 4 purchases with the same problem I gave up.

Speculums. Online and in vids it seemed erotic but I just found the edges to be uncomfortable, they pinched when closed, and I was left not knowing what to do next once I did have a good spread.

There is a specific discussion on this one but there is a silicon based toy that you need to compress to insert but then it spreads open. Seemed very erotic to me but in practice I found it uncomfortable after a little while. Inserting and sitting there was fine but if I started to move around the edges were uncomfortable and I felt a little too full if that makes sense.

Goes without saying, cheap vibrators or various types that crapped out prematurely.

1 Like

Weā€™ve had a couple of mechanical failures with very cheap toys but for us the most common failures have been

Remote control toys. We have found the connectivity to be poor and to drop out often. We found this so frustrating that we have stopped using them altogether.

Couples toys (the ā€˜Uā€™ shaped ones). It may well be an isolated problem with my wifeā€™s physical shape but they just donā€™t stay in place, even when sheā€™s using them solo.

Vibrating toys with buzzy high frequency vibrations. Again this may well be a personal thing but my wife needs powerful low frequency rumbly vibrations to get her off.

2 Likes

I bought an eye mask once, it looked really good and sturdy online. When it arrived, it was three pieces of thin faux leather held together with studs, that didnā€™t fit at all and had rough edges. You could probably have bought it at 10% of what I paid for it.

@rockstar Iā€™m seconding so much of what youā€™ve said here. First of all, Iā€™ve had similar issues with rabbit vibrators to what youā€™ve had with U-shaped toys - they just donā€™t ā€œfitā€ me. I bought the Lovehoney basics rabbit and found that the ā€œearsā€ were jabbing me in the urethra, which made for a far less than sexy experience.

Secondly, like your wife I also find ā€œwhinyā€ toys ineffective. We bought a remote love egg once and I ended up removing it on a night out because it was frustrating me, but not because hubby was keeping me on edge - it was like having a bumble bee in my knickers! Similarly, i need a low rumble and firm pressure to get me there.

Years ago I took back a spanking paddle to that high street lingerie store - they advised they could not take it back as it had been used - I advised yes the reason I returned it was it broke within minutes of being used - I had the receipt and it was totally snapped

They refused to take it back and they said their items are for fun and light play only

I got my money back in the end via their web site - j had no issues taking things back :thinking:

1 Like

This had me in stitches :rofl: Iā€™ve always been worried about cheap inflatables thinking what if they explode inside like a popped balloon or do what happened to you :see_no_evil:

Also with this, was you referring to a tunnel plug? As Iā€™ve got one and found it quite a weird stretch to fit in and the same feeling too full and stuff but maybe itā€™s just too big for meā€¦ but again once in its kinda like what do you do now :sweat_smile:

Same for me with the couples U shaped toys, I end up pushing them out, Iā€™ve never met a rabbit Iā€™ve liked and I canā€™t stand a buzzy toy.

1 Like

The only toys that have ā€˜failedā€™ are toys that just didnā€™t do it for me. Toys are trial and error to discover what you like. Its really hard to suggest a toy to someone who asks for recommendations, without there being some filter statements being included.

My first toy was the Jessica Rabbitā€¦it was very meh. I thought there was something wrong with me bc so many people raved about it. The ears just didnā€™t hit the right place. Canā€™t stand jelly toys, the feel of the material on my skin and the noise it makes turns me. Hate the pvc dildos too. I had the LH mains wand, loved it, recommended it to everyone, it would give me an orgasm in seconds. Until I had a break from it and the buzz numbed me. These were fails for me.

I only ever had one toy that was faulty, it was a sex machine, I had debated getting it for a long time, then it was reduced and I used my 50% off code from the Wow points, to get it half off the reduced price, and it just didnā€™t quite work the way it was meant to. So I got my money back, but lost out on the code.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t really call it a failed toy as much as it wasnā€™t for me. Lots of places carry it but for discussion see this threadā€¦ Butt Plug Shape