Why do people add/accept friend requests?

Why do people add/accept friend request if they aren't going to talk to the person?

Or stay invisible on chat?

Its a private and individual thing. I dont have any issues if some have added me but dont wish to chat or the stay invisible. That is an option given to us by lovehoney and can work well. Sometimes all i wish to do is post replies on threads and not chat. But some people will pester you (in a friendly way) even when you are highlighted busy. So i have no option other than to go invisible. Although i will add, there are alot of issues with chat currently. i.e showing i am available when i have logged off. Not showing me that people have messaged me so it appears i am ignoring them and so on.

Its a good way to discuss things, get to know some people and have fun.

p.s i have accepted your request yummy x

I dont add people often, but usually it is because I value the member long term and I may want to talk to him/her in private. I accept people for the same reason. And sometimes I am wondering if they want to talk to me privately. I only accept when I would enjoy the talk with the person.

As for being invisible? I have been like that for months - simply, I did not feel like direct chat with people. for life reasons, I was in pretty bad state and did not want to put it on chat on people. Others may be too busy and if you are busy, invisible is solution.

And how do you know they are on chat invisible? They may just not be round.

Yeah understand not everyone wishes to chat I just not quiet unstand the point of adding people if you don't wish to chat?

I know there is a few issues with chat at the min

Yeah I had problems with chat! as you could see Rachey28 has been trying to hunt me down!

I would say that too, when the other person has your chat log on and can type away etc and not get a response because your logged out!!!

I would say having a PM inbox software install with the website will go down a treat!

Some members here are abit shy so chatting to them first, is a good way of starting something! Most times I don't bother to chat, but afew members got snecky hugs from behind!

Well when the person is posting on the forum as us a friend but not avaliable or busy I tend to think they are invisible however I may be wrong

I accept all my friend requests even tho I'm probably one of the worst people to talk to as I use my phone 95% of the time which means the chat function doesn't work, I would never perpossely ignore anyone and it's very frustrating having to apologise to people all the time because I didn't get there messages :-(

Id love to get to know all my friends on here but I guess that's not always possible, also people look for different things when adding friends most just like the look or sound of someone others actual look for friendship either way all are welcome in my world lol

X

I wish I should of spent more time talking to HGL!

I just like to make clear this isn't me having a dig at anyone I'm just curious I accept people are intitled to go about as they wish

Awwww baby I didn't mean to sound like I was having ago I didn't mean to sound like I was aiming the comment at you or anyone else

The apologising comment was aimed at my frustration of the non chat function on my phone not at your original question

Sorry if this is unclear I do have a tendency to not read things through before posting lol I'm a git like that plus I never learn xxx

Oh no I didnt think that just wanted everyone to know that it's not aimed at anyone person just a general question

As always single said a pm function would be good

Chat does work on my bb either its far to tiny to see I tend to use my iPod touch

* doesn't

Hehehe much love babes xxx

Right back at ya xx

Because I love all you sexy people. Especially the Girlies we have on this site. I mean what better to see on ur friends list than you sexy lot. Oh and I also like talking to some of u ;)

sometimes i just want to read the forum for quick 10 mins and not have chats and other times am only having 10 mins spare so not much point in starting up a chat

I stay invisible or busy when I don't have the time to chat, but sometimes I forget and then I feel bad when people try and talk to me while I am busy.

As for adding people, I don't tend to add alot of people, if someone adds me I always look at their profile and posts before accepting, and their photo, I generally don't accept requests from people without avatars, but that is just me, if I like what I read about someone then I will happily add and talk to people.

Sorry if I ignored you earlier yummymummy I was using my blackberry and I noticed you said hi on chat but I couldn't reply for some reason,it wouldn't let me,I hope you forgive me.

My bb doesn't work with the chat either

So am I forgiven yummymummy?