Friend Requests

AmyA wrote:

It's not always obvious you have a friend request if you mostly use mobile, and I know I don't always log in unless I need to post something (you don't need to log in to read the forum). Sometimes it takes ages to realise you have a friend request without notifications and done people don't look at them at all. I really wouldn't take it personally.

Thanks Amy, nice to chat to you. Hope you are well. x

As others have said, a friend request means little on here. You can't message each other like other social media, and I can understand why. But it's still nice (for me anyway, not so sure how cute it is as a female being spammed with invites from faceless minions before you've even mate your first post) to think that somone has taken the time to possibly read something on a forum and gone 'he seems kinda cool.'

Ian Chimp wrote:

Is it Leanne?

I have over 100 pending, so it could have been - oops.

Emerald269 wrote:

Hello all.

I'd added someone as friend a while back and they have not answered the request and left me as 'pending'. It's been several months now.

I really don't think there is a need to worry if someone has confirmed or not.

Personally, I don't have time to get through all the requests so I just wait and if I see them in the forum with an add or decline next to their name, I do it then if I notice.

Emerald269 wrote:

I don't want to say who it is as I don't want to offend them!

And yes, please do not say who it is as this is penalising someone for not using a function that not everyone takes notice of.

Thanks Leanne for the advice, and of course my lips are sealed! x 🤐

I joined in June and had no idea about the community section of LH until about a month ago. Since joining in on the forums, writing reviews ect I’ve had a fair few friend requests which I’ve accepted.. I’ve also sent a few of my own mainly because the person I’ve added has given me friendly advice on a thread I’ve started or joined in with. I don’t see the harm really. It’s nice to see a familiar face on the forums knowing that person you’ve connected with and you can recognise them :-)

Mature 2 and Mr Mrs L, I totally agree also. It's the closest we can get within the forum /site and it's a way to see how / what your "links" have added or tested.

As a couple we give preference to other couples but that's not a strict rule.

Enjoy all.

just checked my list and I've got 3 who've never posted which does intrigue me as to why the request's came if their not active, one poster requested and the others I invited because they either are lovely around the forums, gave advice, similar tastes, instant or potential connections. I noticed I've been removed as a friend today by someone I recently added which as sad as it sounds makes me a little sad. Im probably being over-sensitive lol I thought they were somebody I could connect with.

I think the friends things a nice part of the forums for reasons stated and also if you've got similar tastes and their reviews are helpful it helps to locate those people

I agree, it does make you feel sad, and I would do too if someone were to remove me.

I was upset on this particular post the other day as one of my requests has not accepted yet, but I'm fine about it now. What will be, will be. The person might even choose to ignore me on here, at least I'm prepared for the disappointment now, lol.

I am quite an emotional rollercoaster anyway as well as an over worrier!

When I am able to think about things realistically (and in your case too), it's their loss and no-one can predict the reason why someone might do this.

I know I'm so thankful for the friends I do have on here, including yourself. It brightened my day when I received a request from you and your posts are ace and informative!

I can see us getting on well around the forums as well as everyone else I have indirectly communicated with on here. x

Thanks to all my friends on the forums!

Hello,

As stated before some people may not use this function so please do not spend too much time thinking about this.

Also, when people decide to leave or remove their account they will go as a friend on your profile, same as if someone is suspended.

This feature is not used by everyone, so please do not stress about adding, unfriending or pending requests.

If they don't add you or you see them disappear from your list, look for them in the forum if you really want to see their reviews and posts. Unless they have removed their account and then you won't find them, so the simple answer is they have left the forum.

We kept this feature as members seem to like it but we would hate to think it is making members feel badly of someone for their own choices on using it.

I do love it when I see a friend has posted to go and try and help give some advice if can - I like the fact can see their reviews and that's a real positive for me. Always good when get some fab advice from someone as never know when they may need in return tooo

Read and understood Leanne.

I totally hear what you have said and of course, it could just mean someone has left the forum too.

Thanks for explaining this to us all. Apologies and didn't wish to offend or come across in a bad way on here.

I'm just glad (and hope) I reassured someone yesterday and will not focus on this topic any further, as I don't need to comment anymore about it.

Thanks for your help as always. x 💐 🌸 🌹

I find it strange that there is the possibility of asking forum members to be your friend. The only methods of deciding whether you want to befriend someone on this website is by the number and type of sex toys or clothing that they have bought, the qualitly of reviews that they have written or the nature of the posts or replies made to forum posts, and the type of sex that they are interested in. The foregoing gives some, but not much, idea of the kind of person someone really is i.e kind, honest, generous, clever, careing, their political beliefs, religion, are they introverts or extrovert or any of the many other things that go to influencing ones desire to befriend someone.

For the above reasons I never ask anyone on the site to be my friend, nor do I accept any requests for friendship. My apologies to the few who have asked.

This post is no longer available.

I have no picture. Not sure what to use? But I review and contribute. None sent to me, but I send some. Usually to those who comment like minded things. I think adding or not is your choice. Its not like this is tinder. Its just a fun forum to ask weird random questions and give even weirder randomer answers. Just a fun. If someone gets freaky, ditch them and report them. ....I might put on suspenders and put that as my pic. That's not even my thing!! Are dildos up bums allowed as pics!!🤔 I'm straight by the way...just like things up my bum!!😍

I send a friend request if I like the useres reviews, find them helpful and worth checking that persons reviews next time I'm looking to purchase. Also if they have posted a helpful post or have a list of great product they have found here. I always make sure I click the ' found helpful button' too for them xx