Generic Response

I sent a message to customer services earlier today about a product I received. When you send a message do you get a reply that is a generic response first and then they answer your question or is that it and I shouldnt expect any actual answer to my question. If no one does end up reading my message then could someone please change the description of the Ultra Thick Realistic Dildo Vibrator to say circumference 7" rather than the 6" it says now. Sorry if that sounded bitchy, its not supposed to im just slightly annoyed at getting two products from lovehoney that I had been looking forward to yet were complete crap.

The item number is #30020 it looks like the product on here its just the size was wrong. I asked about wether it could be the wrong product and mentioned other complaints about it like the fact that it was scratched had chips and a hole in it. I wanted to make it clear it arrived like that so that when I returned it it wouldnt be thought that I did it. There was no referal to anything I said in the reply I got though it just said about the policies of 365 day return etc which wasnt any help at all.

Maybe my one was just dodgy then, I measured it and it was definitely 7" like it said on the packet and 6.5 I think at the head. I'll be returning it tomorrow anyway along with the other item that wasnt up to my standards. I have already reviewed it though since there so many faults I just wanted to warn people. It was pretty harsh and as the only review submitted it may put people off what may actually be an ok product. Feel free to cancel the review if you dont think its fair, although I did say in it that I hadnt actually used it properly and had only got it out of the box, swtiched it on and nothing else.

Alright then, I know thats generally a good thing I just always wonder whether my negative reviews are too harsh since when I dont like something I really rip it to shreds in the reviews.

I do try most of the time to be neutral but that dildo had nothing good about it to balance it out. You wearing that baby doll out doesnt really mean much to me since I can just tell you're one of these people that can wear anything and look good in it.

Corsets turn you into a corpse hulk

I wouldnt wear anything like that since for some reason people always feel the need to make comments whenI do. I wore a tight mini skirt and knee high boots when I went out at night and random guys kept asking me how much I charged

I bet you looked stunning though.

In my extensive experience, LH are pretty good at correcting errors and a gentle reminder is often all that is needed. To use the word crap, may reflect your own inner convictions but grates with some of us old campaigners who grew up with sheeps intestines as the pinnacle of erotic stimulants!!!

I assume you're actually talk to me tallboy but I dont understand why me not liking something offends the "old campaigners", surely everyone is intitled to their own opinion. You yourself have left two terrible reviews of products, why should you be able to express negative views just because you're older that doesnt make any sense.

Schibi I think TB is just trying to express that sometimes the words we use can be worse than the review/constructive critisim. Sometimes words like 'crap' can take away from a very constructive review or in some cases, a fair request to custoemr services. I think sometimes how we phrase things can make us come across worse than we intended.

Just a thought but that's what I think TB means and I know he's not trying to say old/young/male/female/blue/spotty/stripey can or cannot say anything that others can't!

I dont think TB was saying that you're too young to have an opinion. I suspect the point was that being quite that negative about something can be prohibitive to providing a quality review - now I'm not for one moment suggesting you should say anything other than what you think, but there are times when reviews can slightly cross the line from contsructive, negative (and that's fine) feedback, to a slagging off session - phrases like 'poundland quality' for example, spring to mind.

I never used the word crap in my review, I was perfectly polite in my message to customer services in asking whether the product sent to me was wrong or whether the description was inaccurate etc . Its just a slight bit annoying after being told in the customer services thread that they are super helpful and will deal with anything. Clearly Denise had better things to do than actually answer customer questions. As I said the product was awful so it deserved the negative review it got, I tried to find a good thing about it as I always do but I couldnt.

So what have I learned from this thread, take my opinion on something and then change it until it doesnt make the product look too bad and if there is nothing good then probably just make something up so that my review is considered balanced enough to be valid. I'll keep that in mind whenever I get an urge to let people know what I really think about a product on here. Whether you meant to or not this is exactly what you people are saying.

I was just using crap as an example because it's the kind of term some people use which hinders reviews and posts on here because it doesn't really say anything.

I suppose it's hard for any customer services team to deal with some many questions but I understand if it leaves you frustrated. It is relaly helpful when there are both bad and good reviews of a product, I usually read through them all and then feel I can make my mind up. For exmaple when looking at a hotel recently I felt I could disregard the bad comment about there being 6 steps to carry a suitcase up but the one about it being too hot was definitely what I found! I like bad comments because they help reign in your expectations and you are prepared better. So I think it's good you put a review, even if a negative one if it will help others. And at least you hopefully have your money back/an exchange now and hopefully something better to play with!

Hi Schibi my post crossed with yours and I hope in the one I just wrote that i can reassure you that your full opinion in your review is definitely helpful for other people and will be considered by those looking at the toys youve reviewed. So I don't think there's any need to put both sides is you can't see anything positive (or negative).

Word to the wise; generalising and using passive aggressive tones like "you people" will not help. At all.

I did NOT for one minute suggest you should alter your thoughts. I do feel your reviews could be improved - in the sense that (like I said) I don't think calling something 'poundland quality' is constructive.

I suspect that at this stage, whatever I write will be wrong though, Schibi, so perhaps I best give up now while I'm still smiling!

Well that was fun, 20 whole days which is about an average time for me before feeling pushed out of a forum for being misunderstood and having an opinion that is just too strong for the regular posters. I'd like to keep buying things from here but I dont think i'll review anymore.

??! All my posts have been to try and reassure you! I know I'm not the only one replying to you, but you have definitely had some positive comments from forum peeps and encouragement so I don't think you should stop participating, unless you really want to. It'd be a shame :(

Sorry but 'average time for you' - so the repeated factor here is....?

Oops, I vowed to back out of this one didn't I? You could easily have a place here and there is no need to feel pushed out - but stop insulting people here and you'll get a better response. People here have strong opinions, and you'd be aware of that if you'd read around on the forum; there have been some corking debates on here and it is not your 'strong opinions' that are making you feel 'pushed out'. I feel you need to look to yourself for answers there.

All the best, I hope you choose to do whatever makes you happiest - be that post, or not.

LF x

I wasnt meaning you imeldaimelda, it's clear this forum is too well established. To be able to talk to people I need to feel like I can speak my mind, clearly I cant here without a backlash so it's useless trying.