Guilty TV pleasures

What Do you watch on TV that’s a guilty pleasure?

Mine has to be gruesome things, such as Toe nail removals, pimple popping, extreme hoarders and crime scene cleaners :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Oh yes there’s something supremely satisfying about pimple popping! Dr Pimple Popper is one of my guilty pleasures along with Escape To Country , I only like watching that to nose about in other people’s houses! I used like How Clean Is Your House too! :blush:

2 Likes

Gogglebox, only recently started watching it, but it’s hilarious characters make it addictive, got loads of repeats to catch up on.

Ambulance, love seeing the paramedics in action and a lot is filmed locally.

3 Likes

Im a sucker for Geordie Shore :woman_facepalming:t3: Watched it from the very start haha.

Love a murder documentary though or you know Nothing To Declare or Border Control? Uhh i love how people find so many ways to attempt to conceal drugs over borders :joy:

3 Likes

Oh I forgot about Nothing To Declare! That’s hilarious! :rofl: The things they discover in suitcases :astonished:

3 Likes

Naked Attraction is another! We always end up debating who we’d pick! :joy:

3 Likes

Nothing To Declare and the like, Cold Justice and lots of similar shows. Love quiz shows of various descriptions too.

2 Likes

@wildflower I like restoration man and grand designs, too. Currently re-watching them on YouTube

2 Likes

@WillC 999, what’s your emergency is great, too!

3 Likes

@Purring-Pussy yes YouTube is great for things like that . I haven’t seen Restoration Man, might have to look that one up :+1:

1 Like

Yes, i have seen two open ankle fractures this week alone! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Ah, I’m a sucker for true crime as well. I’m fascinated by murders, psychopaths and such like

3 Likes

Definitely! I like reading about them too! I read one about Fred and Rose West, i had to keep going back and re-reading sentences because their depravity was so much more than the news revealed.

Personally i like a lot of quiz shows, cooking shows, property shows and antique/upcycling shows (including the repair ones and stuff like escape to the chateau). I’ve watched a lot of crime stuff too like Criminal Minds

1 Like

@WillC I never thought of reading the books. Didn’t think the West’s could’ve got more deprived :hushed:

1 Like

With stuff like that there’s always details deemed too much for the general public/media so they always omit certain bits or tone down others (with the books, since you’ve specifically found them there’s a lot more leeway on what you can handle and therefore the book include)

2 Likes

Happy Like Murderers by Gordon Burn, trust me!

1 Like

Not many of these I’d class as guilty pleasures. Some seriously good stuff in the list so far. Let me take it up a notch. Here’s a parent Of a toddler representing. My current guilty pleasures are…

Molly And Mack, and Hey Duggee.

Thank you and goodnight.

Rupaul’s Drag Race is a big guilty pleasure for me, it has a lot of issues and I know the reality tv format isn’t honest, but I still very much enjoy watching it

I support my local drag scene too, I think it’s so important to do so

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that, at least you have a toddler, i have no excuse :joy:. I’ve only stopped watching CBBC constantly relatively recently (and that wasn’t because of age, that was just because they stopped showing the shows i liked). There are a few other programs designed for kids i really like such as Miraculous and Phineas+Ferb. A lot younger aimed but i also occasionally watch Kerwhiz too

2 Likes