Had my initial appointment

Had the appointment and the therapist needs to get back to me hopefully this week or week commencing 21st as he's on holiday in between.

Looks like I have depression

Hi Kirsty,

we've never spoken before but I just had a quick read over some of your previous posts and I think we've been through some similar experiences.

I had the same diagnosis not too long ago, I think it can be scary when someone finally tells you what you've been expecting to hear for a while. Hang in there, talking (and crying, at least in my case) really can be helpful, and it's great that you've made the step to talk to someone.

This seems to be a really supportive and non-judgemental environment, and I'm sure everyone will be sending you love soon.

Well done you for getting up and getting yourself sorted. I have health anxiety and I can tell you that getting to the doctor was one of the hardest and BEST decisions I ever made. You should be proud of yourself. Good luck with everything!x

Hope you'll be ok kalek and bex

And thank you all I've been waiting so long for the appointment it's just nice to have gotten it over and done with.

I have work related anxiety too so that certainly doesn't help x

Oh my goodness me too, well academic work related.

I almost had to drop out of university last year because it got so bad during exams that I started having panic attacks all of the time. Only three months to go and I'll be done with that forever, I can't wait.

I hope that they can help you with some coping strategies x

Thank you and yeah I understand what you mean I have to take tablets every day before work so I don't have a panic attack the second I get to the door

Well done on getting the help you need Kirsty x

Thank you sugar boobies xx

Yep your the tops . Keep it up lass

Thank you mysteron and thank you again everyone just wanted to keep you all updated on the situation x

Does therapy really make you feel better? I don't think all the therapy in the world would help me deal with my issues

I felt like my head was physically going to explode at one point I just had so much going but I feel a bit better already knowing my therapist thinks he knows the problem and how to help he's just got to make sure he hasn't missed something and come up with a plan of action to help me.

Hi Kirsty,

Well done for seeking out help and I hope talk therapy and the therapists plan work for you.

Hey Kirsty 

Well done for taking these steps to move forward.

It is a scary thought and diagnosis at the start but in all honesty it is something manageable and becomes easier over time. 

Sometimes just even the fact of talking to someone else out of the 'loop' helps . The biggest thing to remember is go at your own pace and do not put too much pressure on yourself. 

Good Luck in your journey and the support is there in whatever you need.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and life with all of us here , I am sure it helps many others feeling the same way and may help others seek some guidance on their journey. And good luck to you all on the same healing process. 

![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Kirsty - I'm new here so haven't had the chance to see many previous posts from you but I just wanted to say well done for takign the measures you have.

Sounds like things are now moving in a better direction for you and sharing your issues on here I'm sure has played a big part to helping that.

Good luck with the therapist and I hope all goes well.

Both me and my sister have anxiety issues..my sister went the doctor route and got pills which really work for her and she has since come of them and she is a lot better...Me I hate tablets but i am a qualified aromatherapist so I made my self oil blends that I used as perfumes , oil baths etc etc, I also saw a therapist and now I still need some reassurance sometimes but I hardly ever get my panic attacks now...I wish you all the best and hope you feel more like you again soon xxx

Thank you so much everyone for the support. It started as a way to vent my feelings because I felt I had to tell someone or I'd burst and now I feel like I should keep everyone updated. Never expected so much positivity and help from one site. Thank you all again. Hopefully the old me will return in time

I'm glad therapy is helping you Kirsty. Hopefully you won't need too many sessions to get back to your old self. x

That's brilliant that you're getting help. You've made a big step and I'm proud of you. I hope the therapy works for you hunni 💜xx
I also huv depression, anxiety, social anxiety and it has such an impact on your life. I used to be the life and soul of the party and now I struggle to leave the house.
I'm medicated but I'm not sure the tablets even work 😯 💜xx

Thank you guys and I know the feeling id do go out not too often but now when I go out I have to take a bag for my meds, I've been out with friends like 3 times in 8 months I just don't feel I want to.

I'm hoping that it won't be too long but I guess it may take a while I'll do my best to get better.

It took so long for the appointment though and now I see why people end up self harming or committing suicide because it's the only way to get seen quicker or the "only way out" my head ha been so heavy and fit to burst I'm constantly exhausted and either eat everything or nothing and there were some days where I just thought "I don't know how much longer I can cope with this"

Mental health needs to be talked about more and more help needed