Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use - 2.0

Ah OK, it was just that some of the photos are recent (July).
It is just transitioning to the the site?

The new site only got swopped over on August 4th. None of those pictures will be migrated over, and that page will (eventually) be deleted. :+1:

1 Like

Quoting a Closed Topic

I’ve been finding quoting the Big Review Guide really useful recently, but I’ve noticed quoting a closed topic isn’t as easy as quoting an open one. Luckily I have a workaround. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you open your reply editor in any other open topic and start typing, then minimise it and navigate to the closed topic you wish to quote from (eg the Big Review Guide), expand the reply window again, and you can then highlight quote as normal. :+1:

NB You must have your reply window expanded for it to drop the quote into the existing draft (on my phone I need to minimise the keyboard to free up screen space). If the reply editor is minimised quoting will open a new ‘reply as linked topic’ message and put the quote in there. But if that does happen you can simply copy the quote section and navigate back to the original reply and paste it in there :+1:

1 Like

How do you merge two posts on the same subject?

I believe that’s something that @Lovehoney_Brenna has to use her mod magic to do but you can flag one as a duplicate and pop that in the title. Also post a link to the original thread clearly in the comments to make it easier for her :blush:

3 Likes

The swanky new guides have section headers in them, so you can copy these and send people right to the info they need if you don’t fancy the faff with the quoting. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Welcome Topic Big Photo Guide

Getting Started
FAQs
Popular Searches
Let Us Know
Forum Help
Forum How-To
Custom Emojis
Change Name
Delete Account(s)

Profile Picture and Header
Who can upload?
What images are allowed?
The your-photos category
How to upload?
Photo Rules
Sexy Snaps

Big Testing Guide

Testers
Secret Testers
Link Profiles
Send Your
Measurements

How to Write a Great Review
Testers FAQs
Secret Testers FAQs

Edit: And the ones for the Notifications topic: :+1:

Notifications

Topic and Category Notifications
Preferences/Notifications
Live Notifications
User Notifications

6 Likes

Good evening,

I have been a member here for seven years, but admit to not being much of a user in the past. Things have changed (retired) and I have more time.
I was reading further up that we can download the Forum App to our mobiles (quote - “To download the forum app to your phone open your browser menu on a forum page and tap ‘install app’”)
I am using Android 6.0 and cannot see the option anywhere to install the app. Are you able to post a screen shot here please. I am tech savvy but am wondering if that link is no longer available.
Thank you

Hello and welcome @Latino_Caliente :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using an Honor 9, with Android 9 and Chrome browser:

It could be in your menu as ‘add to homepage’ or similar?

Alternatively, if this is the first time you’ve logged on to the forum on this device you should have had a banner pop up at the top that asked you if you’d like to install the app. If you dismissed it, you can get it back by clearing your cookies. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Just to chime in… I have no idea where to find this menu or the app :see_no_evil:.

Samsung A90, Android 11, Samsung Internet.

I can bookmark or save a page or “Quick Access” it whatever that is, but can’t find an app anywhere. Is the app basically just a quick launch to the forum?

Doesn’t actually bother me as I always have the forum open in a tab so don’t see any benefit of the app to me but I have no idea where to find it if I did want it! :rofl:

I think ‘app’ overstates it a bit. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s a separate browser window for the forum/a quick launch. I’ve reverted to using the forum in my regular browser tabs though, as it makes flicking back and forth between different forum pages and the shopping site easier.

I’ve just downloaded the Samsung Internet Browser, and it’s under:

Burger Menu (bottom right) → Add Page to → Home screen

It describes it as a shortcut. Chrome did too until recently. It seems the same thing though.

1 Like

If i remember correctly it was “Add to homepage” on my Samsung phone.

1 Like

Don’t know what the burger menu is but I can add the page to my home screen, just thought the app might have a bit more to it. Think I’ll stick with my normal tab page, as you say, easier flicking to and fro for other pages :+1:

1 Like

Its the one that looks like 3 horizontal lines on top pf each other

2 Likes

:rofl: Never heard it called burger menu - Thanks!

1 Like

No worries. To be fair, i had to google it just to double check :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply,

Thanks for your help. On Android 6.01, it is as you say “Add to Homescreen”, but all that does is add what is effectively a short cut to the Forum Page (which show all the subject lines!)
In my case this is not ideal. Whilst my phone is password protected, once open, all my apps and shortcuts are on show.
I’ve done a bit of searching and what suits me better is to use “Incognito Mode” and there are Chrome extensions that hide Bookmarks. This I feel a bit more secure for the way I browse LH.

Thank you again

1 Like

Hi all,

It’s me again with another small question. I am still getting used to the Forum and if I look at another member’s profile that isn’t set to “Private” I can see a web link which I assumed would open up with more details.
For example if I look at @Green_Eyed_Girl (above here ^^^) I can see that her profile isn’t Private and she has a web link in her name.
But, if I click on that link I get this message " Oh no! We’re really sorry but this page is no longer available" and the LH Home Page pops up.
Would I be right in assuming that all those member profile links are now broken after the Forum Upgrade last year?
Hope that all make sense :thinking:

LC

That’s right. They’re the links to our old community profiles. Unfortunately they were deleted in the main website update a few months ago, so are no longer viewable. Lots of people still have them in their forum profiles though as they haven’t had a tidy up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you sir…

Being tech savvy myself, I guessed that was the answer. Gradually over time I guess, members will slowly clean up their profiles. Enjoy your weekend.

LC

1 Like

Embedding a Topic Title link

If you paste a link into the title box when you create a topic it will embed the link under the topic title. You can then change the title to something more descriptive. :+1:

However, if you flark up embedding a link in your new topic title or realise you forgot to add one, it’s actually possible to edit one in later, rather than scrub and start over. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

You need to edit the OP itself (not just the title), and temporarily cut and paste all of the existing content to somewhere else for safe-keeping. Once blank, you can then paste your link into the title box and you should see it generate a onebox in the body text. This should then embed the link into the topic header. :+1:

You can then save that, re-open it, and copy paste the original content back in that you saved to one side. And that should be that. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes