How do I prove......

This is related to the men in women underwear thread but thought i warrented a new topic.

I have been interested in wearing womens underwear for a long time (since i was about 15). I used to put my mums underwear on . The wife found out from us talking a few months into the relationship and asked me to put a thong on that she had (which I loved), she found it very odd. Nothing was said for a long time after about it. Recently she has become more open minded about it and I have been 'allowed' to wear them more often but one thing still holds her back!...

She is worried that me wearing womens underwear will naturally progress into me wanting to corssdress 'properly'. This is not the case and I am only interested in wearing the underwear (all be it pretty underwear) and sometimes beinf forced to wear it. How can I prove this to the wife.... I have told her many times but she does not believe me

Your OH has to understand that wearing womans underwear and cross dressing are two completly sperate fetishes.

Im with you, i love wearing womans underwear!
I wanted to see if i would enjoy the full cross dressing, bought some stuff and dont enjoy it. Its just the underwear, stocking and shoes i love!

If she thinks its going to progress into the full thing then you can try it and see how it feels so that you will know if u enjoy it or not, thus showing her it wouldnt turn into that (or that it would).

Hi Theolain

I don't have experience with this specific situation and can honestly say I don't know how I would react in your wife's situation. However, I think if you are generally honest in your relationship and haven't lied to her about every little thing in the past (I'm not suggesting you have btw so please don't take offence as it's not intended) there is no reason why she shouldn't believe you and trust you. I would say though her concerns may be less about your honesty - she may completely believe that you currently have no intentions/interest in full cross dressing - but may be more about the fact your feelings may change in future. For example you could really enjoy wearing the underwear and eventually find it doesn't have enough appeal anymore (again, not suggesting this will happen but trying to give an insight to female psyche) and want to take it further. If this is something that you really enjoy, it's not harming anyone and (whilst it may take some time and getting used to for her) I would hope an expect that her love for you will transcend any concerns or fonts she has about this.

I don't know if that's really helpful at all and I'm probably babbling but I guess to sum up I would suggest openness, honesty, talking an time to help resolve this and I hope it works for you!

*doubts not fonts - sorry

if it upsets her, why not consider not doing it?

Gunther - there is that too. If she really can't get used to it then it may be an idea - relationships are about give and take after all

Im not arguing with you Gunther, but thats not really helpful. and ive reported your comment

Yeh i understand that it would solve the problem but he's asking how to convince her OH to let him do it. So atleast try and be supportive

gunther wrote:

It doesn't upset her!

She just finds it wierd and worried it will progress into something that would be 'over the line'

Also... great responses everyone else and I will have to respond properly to them when I have more time have re read them and had time to think! :-)

Ive seen a thread like this before,

Most people were saying you should explain to ur OH why you like it. What makes you like wearing them, by explaining it she might be more comfortable with it.

WeeSteve wrote:

Im not arguing with you Gunther, but thats not really helpful. and ive reported your comment

Yeh i understand that it would solve the problem but he's asking how to convince her OH to let him do it. So atleast try and be supportive

report as you like, I personally dont believe one side of a relationship should always give best to another, he is asking how to convince and I am saying if you cant then live with it.

sorry Ive been with my OH for 30 yrs, a relationship isnt about browbeating your partner to accept anythiong you think fit, and BTW Theolane the starter of the thread hasnt taken the offense you have.

Theolain wrote:

gunther wrote:

It doesn't upset her!

She just finds it wierd and worried it will progress into something that would be 'over the line'

Also... great responses everyone else and I will have to respond properly to them when I have more time have re read them and had time to think! :-)

Time is a healer, if in time she notices - realises that you have your limits then she will probably be comfortable with it.

Im not saying he would be offended, im not even disagreing with you. Im just saying rather than jump straight into the negative offer a postive first.

Theolain & WeeSteve - I hope I haven't upset or offended either of you by seeing Gunther's point. I felt he had a valid alternative opinion and I think this forum (to which I am very new) is a wonderful place to express your opinions, give advice and have fun.

No im not offended!! im not even disagreeing with the point. I just think that if someone asks a question and everyone was to give a negitve answer first, people wouldnt post questions. So i always give some postive feedback first and im encouraging others to do the same.

Realtionships are all about give and take. No one is perfectly matched with someone else, there are always going to be conflicting opinons in a relationship so if he cant convince his OH then yes he may have to stop it. Id just like to think there are better options :).

Note, im not being snippy, or argumentive. Im being nice and trying to spread my niceness :)

WeeSteve wrote:

Im not saying he would be offended, im not even disagreing with you. Im just saying rather than jump straight into the negative offer a postive first.

Wee Steve I will submit my posts to you for approval first OK

I maybe was being negative on one specific issue but was being positive about the relationship as a whole, the important thing is to stay together and work it out.

WeeSteve - I'm so pleased, I know things have been tense on here recently and really didn't want to add fuel to the fire! When I posted a question everyone was lovely and provided really helpful advice, It would be nice to think everyone has that experience but I suppose sometimes, as in relationships, there are always conflicting opinions so give and take is not only important in relationships but in general also x

WeeSteve wrote:

Note, im not being snippy, or argumentive. Im being nice and trying to spread my niceness :)

By reporting any post you dont like even when others think it is sound advice or at least a reasonable point of view.

This is an area I don't know much about so please excuse a little ignorance here, but are there any website/forums/blogs about this or at least have some detailed information about it? If there is, maybe you could show her them (with or without you there) so she can have a look herself and maybe it will answer some if her questions or fears?

You said she has become more open minded, well helping her explore that and her sexuality in general may help. I'm not saying throw as much "kink" at her as you can, but if she explores new things, it can change her feelings about other things (I hope that makes sense). Maybe try looking for new things that turn her on?

Other than that, just keep being honest with her and don't push too hard. Good luck

Firstly I am not offended by either gunther or naughtybutnice

however I feel we have missed the point.... It is not about pursuadeing her as it is something that she has 'opened her mind to' but more about makeing her aware that I will never be interested in taking it further.

Well really only you can know that for sure. I tried it out to see if i would like the whole cross dressing and i didnt, therefore i know im not interested in it.

The only way really to know for sure if you'd like it, is to try it.

Your OH just has to trust you