Lovehoney Friends

GlamRockChick wrote:

I've just figured this out.. Go to your account and click on the "manage your friends " option. Lets you see your friends and any new requests. Added you by the way!

Thank you Glam!

x

Just to let everyone one know, I've now added everyone on my friends list that had sent requests.

Thank you everyone

I ignore all friend requests because it just feels like a trophy case below your profile of who you have friended/accepted

I see no point without instant messaging/replies (however I do understand the chat risks)

I accept any requests . Don't like ignoring people although I regard everyone on here now as a friend especially since we cleaned up our act .

Allowing chat like facebook and the like would be a better idea I agree. It can't be that difficult to apply it here if it already once was. Seems to work else where just fine. This would allow friends to ask more personal questions about thread chat without all eyes watching your every move and word!

There is a facility of a block button, or de friend. So why it can't be implemented here I do not under stand, such a big company too.

I accept friend requests, I myself don't think it's about bragging over the size of friends you have.

Ozz wrote:

Allowing chat like facebook and the like would be a better idea I agree. It can't be that difficult to apply it here if it already once was. Seems to work else where just fine. This would allow friends to ask more personal questions about thread chat without all eyes watching your every move and word!

There is a facility of a block button, or de friend. So why it can't be implemented here I do not under stand, such a big company too.

I accept friend requests, I myself don't think it's about bragging over the size of friends you have.

+1

It's just a bit of fun and respect for the people you engage with regularly.

paulsballs wrote:

Ozz wrote:

+1

It's just a bit of fun and respect for the people you engage with regularly.

Sorry guys, but as has been said many times before, private chat will never return to Lovehoney. 

It's difficult enough to make sure everyone to talks nicely to one another / doesn't flirt / doesn't share competitor sites etc etc etc when everyone speaks in a public domain like the forum, so it would be absolutely impossible for us to moderate private conversations. 

It has nothing to do with how big Lovehoney is, or how easy/hard it would be to set up. It just doesn't benefit us at all to have it back.

Anything you want to say to each other while on the Lovehoney forum should be something you can say in public. If it's not, you probably shouldn't be saying it, or should be doing it on a different kind of website. 

If you want to chat to each other more privately, there are plenty of other websites that do allow this. 

I didn't know there used to be a chat option, wish there still was, or just to be able to do a reply to a post without having to quote it, like you do on Facebook

I joined after that chat was available and i'm glad it's not here anymore. I think it being open is better, as more people can join in and offer up advice. I like the forum just the way it is, if it isn't broken don't fix it 😊

Looby-lou wrote:

I didn't know there used to be a chat option, wish there still was, or just to be able to do a reply to a post without having to quote it, like you do on Facebook

Yes.

Thank you Jess for your explanation.

I was not on the forum when the chat function was available but I do not think I would use it if it was still live,surely there are other places for one to one chat.

yes there are , but LH does not approve swapping of contact details in forums.

I too would like to se a chat option as I have had a few friend requests yet find no purpose for accepting them.

If LH could have a chat function then great, but please do have it only for accepted friends, along with ignore, block, and report options please.

A chat function would indeed be hard to monitor, maybe just a private messaging system? Like you could exchange private messages with your LH friends only, or something like that...

I know I'm in the minority here but I like the way it is. If there was a chat function it wouldn't be as open and I don't think people would talk as freely. I wasn't here when the chat function was so don't know what it was like Xx

I agree with slinky..the way it is hasn't stopped me making very close friends ( like slinky πŸ’–) I think it's perfect the way it is..xxx

mummymermaid wrote:

I agree with slinky..the way it is hasn't stopped me making very close friends ( like slinky πŸ’–) I think it's perfect the way it is..xxx

Thanks hunni Im 100% there, made an awesome friend here and i couldnt be happier😘 Xxx

Jess has said before the chat function won't ever come back, it's time consuming & hard to monitor. I agree with slinky and MM x

I too came here after the chat function had gone.ive never had it so don't miss it.
As I'm kind of new to posting(and not a social media person) I'm not really sure about how the friends thing works,what does being friend requested mean?
I accepted as I thought it was nice and it made me smile ☺

loganlogan wrote:

I too came here after the chat function had gone.ive never had it so don't miss it.
As I'm kind of new to posting(and not a social media person) I'm not really sure about how the friends thing works,what does being friend requested mean?
I accepted as I thought it was nice and it made me smile ☺

hit the nail on the head, it's just a nice and friendly gesture :)

I am fellow post-chat member, but from what I gather, the friends function is purely just a remainder from the chat function. I guess it would have been removed with the chat, but the actual "friend" function isn't doing any harm, so they just left it alone, since it doesn't really do anything :)

I didn't even know you could add friends lol 😁 learning things on here every day