Matching or Miss-matching undies...

The majority of the underwear i own is from a set, and i tend to wear them in sets. I bought them in sets because i kinda thought, maybe uncorrectly, that guys prefer them to match.

However, my sister tends to wear mismatched, even though she does own sets.

Just wondered whether others had a preference, both men and women's views welcome!

i wear mismatched i don't buy matching sets because the places i can afford to shop from either don't do the bras in my size or the only knicker option available is a thong or g-string

I would prefer to wear sets but as myghost said above I prefer lace panties not g-strings or thongs and so most of the time the bra I find doesn't have the kinda panties I like or likewise I love the knickers but they don't have the bra in my size, but I do try get knickers I like in a similar colour to my bras however it just depends on the day what I feel comfortable in.

For example today or this month has been awful for me so I don't feel sexy or even bothered if I do, so i'm wearing my comfortable bright pink bra with cotton red,white and blue panties with anchors on them haha xx

For everyday wear I usually wear miss-matched pieces. I have 3 complete sets but I can't afford to buy sets everytime I get new briefs or a new bra - especially when losing weight. I also usually buy briefs from asda, tesco or primark when they're on sale so there's no guarantee of getting a matching bra in the sale in my size as there's less bras than briefs most of the time.

But hey, if a guy didn't like it, I'd tell him to do one. :P

I try to match but sometimes I find it better to match the colour of my outfit (i.e. if black bottoms & white top - undies to match) hehe but must admit I do try to match most days - makes me feel sexy when I choose my undies in the morning?? :-)

for everyday way, I rarely match! Just grab what is to hand in the drawer! If I'm going out, I always wear matching, just in case

I normally buy individual items, I buy sets if I can but it's pretty rare that somewhere'll have the bra size I need and the knicker size I need in stock at the same time AND I'll have the money for them both? My underwear drawer's a total shambles anyway so usually I just wear whatever I pull out of there, unless I'm feeling especially fancy that day or I want to match my lingerie with the rest of my outfit.

I wear matching only really for special occasions, or if I need a confidence boost...who can be arsed co ordinating underwear to go to uni/the shop I have only just learnt to match my socks! And my partner barely notices either way tbh when I go to the effort of matching he doesn't comment and it isn't on for long haha. I don't clash my underwear though.

I don't even own a matching set lol! I have various bras, and just have lace underwear so if I wear a black bra, it'll be black lace underwear ect to go with it, but I'm pretty much compleatle mis matched, it's never bothered me, and well when I'm with the OH he never leaves my underwear on long enough to even see if it's matching or even what colour it is.

Ain't got time fo' that!

I only have like 2 matching sets, one of which the bra is the wrong shape for my boobs. It was just so beautiful I had to get it so I'm saving it for bedroom wear when it doesn't need to be on for more than an hour max. I recently bought the Bluebella coco dot bra from here to match my coco dot thong but the straps are too long so I'll need to send it back :(

But I try and sort of match my undies. So if my pants have blue hearts on them I'll wear a blue bra. I generally tend to buy knickers in the 3 for £7 offer in New Look and they don't have matching bras. I usually don't care though. I'm happy when I remember to brush my hair in the morning, I really don't care about underwear.

Matching for special occasion, what's ever is comfy for normal day wear. Plus I usually need t shirt type bras under tops because the lace shows etc. But I do have lots of nice comfy matching sets from places like M&s they just are not very sexy

Hardly ever matching unless I'm trying to impress. I tend to wear bras for a couple of days, obviously knickers are a 1 day item. I also have lots of mismatching undies. X

I normally match in colour/material even if they aren't actually a set. It helps that I wear a lot of black lace.
I struggle with buying matching sets because most places don't go smaller than an 8 on the bottom and I need a 4-6.

The sets I do have I wear whenever I'm not wearing the black.its very rare that I'm completely mismatched.

I don't have any sets. I have always wanted to buy some, but I never really like them (it's either the bra or the panties I don't like) or they don't fit me well. So, everything is mismatched.

I don't wear matching for day to day wear.
I have a couple of more sexy matching sets that i might wear for him in the bedroom but more often than not im wearing other lingerie anyway then.
Mostly completely mismatched, he doesn't seem to mind :)

I don't own many sets so I'm usually mismatched. But I try not to wear anything that clashes too badly! x

Mismatched for me too. I have a couple of sets but most of the time I just wear what I feel like.

I try and wear sets I have about 6 matching sets and I always buy 2 pairs of matching knickers if I don't have a matching set my knickers will match the colour bra i,'m wearing. I love undies and i,'m more likely to buy underwear than clothes :-)

I thought you ladies followed the principal that if someone else might see, then they match, if noone will see, it doens't matter.

to be honest I don't think I actually own any matching sets anymore, terrible I know :/ If I ever find myself in a relationship it looks like I will have to go shopping (any excuse lol) x