Movies for lockdown 3.0

Seems like such a genuine man in “real life” also. Not an arrogant w@nker like a lot of stars

2 Likes

A few good dramas we’ve watched lately -

Bombshell (based on the sexual harrasment at Fox News during Trump’s campaign)
On the Basis of Sex (story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg)

Another favourite of mine is Ip Man - the master of Bruce Lee, really entertaining martial arts movie.

Chernobyl if you want a binge watch, unmissable.

He’s lovely in any interview I’ve seen him in. Both he and my other favourite Jason Statham seem like really nice, genuine guys .
Certain loud mouthed or big headed stars can actually put me off watching a movie no matter how good the reviews.

@wildflower I know. I can’t watch Tom Cruise. Can’t stand him and don’t know why😂

I have only been able to tolerate him in a handful of films! @Scottishfunk

2 Likes

I think there’s a smugness about him that irritates.

I’d recommend 1917, as its a great cinematic film, Parasite for the idea - I can’t say too much as it would give the plot away :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

@newbie_analyst watched the first one last night. Was decent enough thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Thanks @newbie_analyst. Watched Real Steel yesterday, not something I would have thought to watch but really enjoyed it, thanks. Good feel good watching :blush:

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. It is a feel good movie for sure. Surprised it hasn’t received more marketing, I follow the movie industry quite closely, but this slipped under the radar completely.

2 Likes

Some of my top picks.

Harry Brown
Gran Torino
Trainspotting
Big Mouth (animated netflix series)
Paradise PD (netflix animated series)
Santa Clarita Diet, again netflix series

And because i have a child and watch a lot of kids films

Zootropolis
Hotel Transylvania 1-3
The Nut Job 1 & 2 (definitely a kids film btw)

1 Like

I recently watched ‘Blame’ film from 2017, I thought it was about a teacher/student affair but it’s much more than that and left me absolutely shocked at the end! Defo worth a watch! All the music in it was unreleased music by small bands and each song fit the film so well!