My ByBox

Hello All!

I had a lovely chat today with a rep from ByBox, which is a company offering a collection box service for online retailers. So, for example, you'd place your Lovehoney order, and opt to have it delivered to a one-time-rented collection box, which you could then go to and retrieve your parcel at your convenience, in theory.

Have a look http://my.bybox.com/

I asked them in because apparently they've had some success with Figleaves, so it might be a go-er for us, especially as it's a lot more discreet and convenient to collect at any time you like (even 4 in the morning, if you choose)

What do folks think? Useful or not? For me, my nearest collection box is in Cribbs, Super North Bristol (I'm in bristol centre) so not massively convenient for me, so I suspect it's not for everyone.

Worth getting them back in for more chats?

Matt

Looked up the location in my city (see my address info for that). It's very close to the most notorious traffic black hole in the city. So ridiculous numbers of people driving by every day for their commute, but also a fair bit of negative perception. It's a good location for people working late on that side of the city - not an answer for everyone, but certainly for some.

I suppose the key factor would be what the other options are in the business areas that the route serves.

Mine is very near to me!

I think it is a good idea for people who know they aren't going to be in to receive parcels or are unable to pick it up at the post office.

personally - i can't see the point to be honest (from my point of view).

at the end of the day - if i'm not home it goes to the royal mail delivery centre, where i can book online for them to redliver it to my (or an alternative) address after around 48 hours or I can take the card and pick it up, it's about a mile from my house.

the bybox centre for me is a fedex centre a few miles away, not inconvenient as such - but further away.

LH package discreetly, so i don't see how discretion or embarassment would be an issue for an LH package.

My opinion - if it's not broke - don't fix it. It's fine as far as I can see.

HellsBells72 wrote:

personally - i can't see the point to be honest (from my point of view).

at the end of the day - if i'm not home it goes to the royal mail delivery centre, where i can book online for them to redliver it to my (or an alternative) address after around 48 hours or I can take the card and pick it up, it's about a mile from my house.

the bybox centre for me is a fedex centre a few miles away, not inconvenient as such - but further away.

LH package discreetly, so i don't see how discretion or embarassment would be an issue for an LH package.

My opinion - if it's not broke - don't fix it. It's fine as far as I can see.

This is exactly what I was thinking! For me personally I would have to travel quite far to the nearest location.

However, I do like the fact it enables you to collect your delivery 24/7. But personally I'm never usually in that much of a rush.

x x x

lol, my drop box point is in a tesco car park, people would think it mighty weird hanging out in tesco car parks, i will stick to royal mail

rach74 wrote:

lol, my drop box point is in a tesco car park, people would think it mighty weird hanging out in tesco car parks, i will stick to royal mail

Yeah, the nearest one to me is showing as Tesco too, it's further away than the post office, which is open 'til late a couple of nights anyway so I don't think I'd use the mybox either. Plus it's in an area that's not particularly nice and it's a swine traffic wise.. really busy area.

My nearest ones is a tescos too. The only problem is its in the town about 15mins drive away and I dont have my own car because of this i would use the royal mail service instead, too much bother otherwise.

its a good idea though but they need more places to pick up from!

Personally this isnt something I would want, for me it would be about a 45 minute drive to go and collect it and by that point I might aswell pay for next day delivery and order it to come on a day I have off. Also like many others mine would be a pick up point from tescos car park and to me it seems a bit strange to have to go pick up your parcel from a car park, it doesnt give a profesional image to me.

To be honest Love honey ensure that they package tems discreetly anyway so I dont have to worry about the postman knowing what goodies he is bringing me.

The service that Lovehoney alread provide is outstanding so I dont think you need to make any changes

Its not something i would be intersted in.but I did have a look and mine was miles away in a fire station!

my nearest one is 30miles away :(

I dont see what is wrong with it as it is now tbh

Mmmmm I quite like the idea of it in theory, for those working 9-5 or unusual hours, it's sometimes difficult to work out when you want a package to arrive and the Sorting Office is then closed.....

In terms of distance there is very little difference between my local ByBox place and the Sorting Office........

Luckily our royal mail depot is a 2 minute walk away - we just pick parcels up on a saturday when we're not working. Whilst it wouldn't make life any easier for us I can see it could be useful for others.

royal mail depot 5 min walk....bybox 60km I have no car.

Think I'll stick with royal mail.

oh i would prefer to have my things straight to my house ty x

No good for me, mine is much further away than the sorting office, so Royal Mail works for me :) Can see how it would be useful for some, depending on the charge I guess? How do you open the box tho? Presumably a code as a key wouldn't work for one offs, how would you then know the code was changed each time it was used?

We had limited success with Figleaves orders.

It's not terribly convenient for us, but not a bad backup option if you know you'll be busy during delivery hours (as many of us are!)

Since our nearest is about 50 miles away at a place that is only open limited hours I think I can safely say no to this one!

This is a really nice idea, but sadly I don't think the coverage is near a useful level for a fair number of users (as evidenced above..). That said, my nearest is 25km away and if I were still living with my parents and had no trusted friend/partner for deliveries to go to..

I would opt for using this service over RM because of the grilling over "whats in the box!?"

That said, there are at least two adult shops within a 25km radius; not that they'd be half as good as LH's price/service!

The location in my city was probably chosen for the number of people who drive by it during their commutes rather than the number who live near it. (That's not bad, but there would be better places if that were the main consideration.) So it's well-situated for people who aren't home during the day, tend to work long hours, etc.

I'm wondering if the far-away locations other people are reporting are also on commuter routes and such. Or maybe the bybox people were just particularly clever here.