OK - some help is badly needed

Good luck and just relax. I was nervous when using my first vibe too. Just relax and enjoy.

I'm wondering if the cuve of the Tracey Cox Contour vibe might be easier with your elbow difficulties. It works for clit, g-spot and internal.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18122

You could also try this as it's pretty much hands free once inserted. You get both g spot and clitotal stimulation. I don't like rabbits and for a lot of people they're 'marmite' toys (you either love it or hate it) so if you don't get on with the rabbit it might be work giving the rock chic a go.

Lube is a must though unless you're really ready!

Vibrating Groovy Chick G-Spot and Clitoral Vibrator

Well - an interesting experience

no insurrmountable problems , but I did have problems because of my arms - and that's hardly surprising.

Is the Rabbit right for me - umm not sure - time will tell . I think I need a few days yet to really get used to it . The ears certainly work

If your big on clit play you might want to try a bullet the Ro 80mm is a girls best friend there an amazing little piece of kit and soo powerfull and I'm sure I've seen they do a longer version too might help with distance thing.. Or one of the (iconic) massage wands as there quite big and can have more than one use so price wise a good purchase.. Your never too old for toys!! and the more you try the more you find you like hehe good luck xxxx

if you dont enjoy the rabbit after giving it try, I would suggest something like Lady Lustfinger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=319

or the waterproof version http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15342

They are both cheap, take 1 AA and the Lady Lustfinger is powerful for sure. They are not too small. or something like that. Bullets are pretty small, about 3 inches. maybe harder to grip and put into place. Another option is like a normal vibe which you could use clitorally.

Dear Silver we must be about the same age (I'm 65). After much experimenting we found that my partner prefers the Fun Factory toys. She doesn't insert them, but lies on her face with the tip of the vibrator on her clit. The one she uses has an exaggerated ridge about an inch from the end. She finds this delicious because sliding it back and forth over the ridge adds stimulation.

I think bullet vibes aren't great for mobility issues - they're fiddly to hold and the grip required can strain the elbow (ok, sounds odd but people with mobility issues should understand what I'm saying).

I think the Lady Lustfinger is a good bet for your next toy, nice and chunky to hold and has a point for clit stim but can also be inserted if you prefer. And dirt cheap.

The trick is really just to experiment, there's no right way to use a toy. I don't like rabbits so I can't really help with that but I'd suggest maybe beginning with clitoral toys before moving to internal. Your best bet is something quite wide (perhaps like the Ice Scream http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16364 which is very powerful too) because then you get an even vibration over the clit without having to fiddle around to get the location right with more precise toys. You can just press it in the general area and it'll still get you off! Even lie face down on it like atlanta suggested. I love my Ice Scream even though I'll *never* be able to insert it!

Adxx

Hiya Silver. Reading your description. . .could these possibly help? I have them and have used them on my partners clit a few times and she loved them! They're totally flexible yet have a good rigidity when bent into the shape you need. Maybe a long shot but y
ou never know! Vibrationally (is that even a word?) They're great! :)
SG x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17698

What wonderful folk you all are .

Situation update, and this is all speaking very personally - probably not applicable to most folk.

Rabbit - wow yes it does stimulate my clit and would be fabulous BUT the bunny itself, as has been said, is a marmite thing . Appearance wise - my eyes really opened - was I that big ??

On first and second trial - yes I am BUT it's not for me :-( Though it would give what I need to help me it's , in my case , a two person toy . Once I'm nicely wet [ honest don't seem to need any lube !! ] it slides in easily BUT I can't actually reach the switches to turn it on - which is not the object of the excercise. I've tried - honest I have but I do need the vaginal penetration/stimulation as well as the clitoral one. I know that clitoral stimulation, from past experience, would bring me to orgasm OK but I really did enjoy having his nice big cock moving around inside me - I miss that - in more ways than one.

So it's back to the drawing board

@rose hip - now that looks better http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=18122. I reckon - correct me please if I'm wrong , but I would be able to switch that on before I use it vaginally and I could still have it on my clit as well since it would curve up me and rest on my pubes - yes ? That would also mean I could hold it there and also alter the strength of the vibes onehanded ?

@ Sharry - looks alarming http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19802 , but if that is really likely to stay in place once inserted, again the switch is where I could possibly reach it. Does it really stay in place without having to be held ? If so it's likely to be the answer to this old lady's prayer .

Bullets - sound frightening - but I realise what they are - think they are out - wouldn't be able to hold them due to altered sensation thanks to nerve damage - yes Ad'A you are correct - I need larger and chunky things to hold - now the IceScream Lovehoney Ice Scream Waterproof Multispeed Vibrator it could work -- hmmmmm

More thought needed and then I see another phone call coming on .

I'm sure you all think I'm mad - someone who has not had sex [ yes I can say it :) ] for over 4 years , now coming out of depression following her one and only lover's death , who has realised that all her sexual areas still want to be used - they throb and ache and I , despite trying , just can't do enough to release what wants to come . I can see that a real live man would probably do this for me, and to me, much easier - but it's not going to happen .

Well the deed is done :-)

Rabbit is being returned and some new toys , hopefully much easier for me are ordered :-

a tin of Pin Ups Bombshell Balm to help me on my way and hopefully get me to orgasm

TracyCox Contour Body Curve - the switch should be near enough for me to reach - if not I should be able, as it vibrates and not rotates , to switch it on just before I start to use it either to make my clit bring me to orgasm on it's own or help using my G spot which I never found before

and for a little extra fun the Basic Love egg since it has a long wire and I could keep the control near me .

I can't believe I'm doing this . Dammit I'm an old lady who should not be thinking of sexual things at my advanced age , but my body is wanting some action.

Well done to you Silver! I'm sure you'll find something that presses the right buttons for you. :^)

I think you might do better with the kind of vibrator that has a wire leading to a separate control. There doesn't seem to be a separate category for them, but there are ones made like that in all different shapes.

Dildo style with wires:

Bullets and eggs with wires, that are in the bank holiday sale!

Some other styles with a shape that might work (also in the sale)

Edit: I see you found the Basic egg. It's really great. I used mine quite a lot before the wires finally gave out. =)

As for your age, I'm 40, but I intend to stay sexually active till my last breath! =)

silveroldie wrote:

I can't believe I'm doing this . Dammit I'm an old lady who should not be thinking of sexual things at my advanced age , but my body is wanting some action.

No, no, no! We'll have none of that here :P there's nothing wrong with taking control of your sexual enjoyment no matter what age you are. We only live once - being happy is important and if you feel ready to enjoy yourself sexually then you shouldn't feel bad about that!

I hope your new purchases suit you a little better.

Adx

Have to say there's lots I would have liked to get - but let's see how these suit me first :-)

I'm making a ' I'd like to try that ' sort of list for future - sadly money is not unlimited

Did you use the Lovehoney wishlist to save the items for you? It's really handy.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

silveroldie wrote:

No, no, no! We'll have none of that here :P there's nothing wrong with taking control of your sexual enjoyment no matter what age you are. We only live once - being happy is important and if you feel ready to enjoy yourself sexually then you shouldn't feel bad about that!

I hope your new purchases suit you a little better.

Adx

Agreed.Couldn't have said it better myself. =]

I'd suggest getting this bargain as it's in the sale. It's a rechargeable wand vibrator that is incredibly versatile. It can be used for massages as well as a sex toy. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9748 I thought it'd be ideal for mobility issues as well due to the curved style.

I've just got one myself. I hope you like the toys you have bought. Let us know how you get on with them. I'm a big fan of the basic love egg. It's incredibly cheap for the power it gives. It's one of my favourites. Enjoy!

Oh, and you'll want to make sure you always have plenty of batteries on hand to fit all your toys. I keep a box of different sized batteries in my Naughty Drawer.

@xXx - I did think of that wand vibrator - but was doubtful because of the position of the switch .

The basic love egg is really intended for 2 purposes for me - one as a vibrator and with its controls being attached by wire it should be ok - I'll be able to pop it in and then switch it on 'effortlessly' . It's second purpose will be as an entry to using Kegel type balls - these are needed as I know my vaginal / pelvic floor muscles are not as good as they should be . Hopefully I'll be able to move to the proper Kegal Balls soon.

@sliverdrop - batteries - I've about 10 AA batteries and I'm pretty sure there are some AAA ones in the house somewhere . I do like the thought of a Naughty Drawer :-)

Glad to see you've ordered the Contour Vibe already. It's not a sharp enough bend to hit the clit while being used internally, but your egg will help with that.

I tend to use it alone though, moving from clit to entrance and back, staying on one or the other, dipping inside a little, a lot, or inbetween (g-spot mmm), depending on what my body wants. Every time is different. It's probably the most instinctive vibe I've tried and absolutely definitely without question the most versatile.

My body's natural instinct is to move against the vibe (which is very smooth), so I end up moving my hips more than my hand.

Re your specific needs: You can definitely turn it on before you begin. Because it's so smooth, it's very easy to insert. If you like girth, you might find it a bit small though. The curve will keep the controls and 'handle' closer to you than with a straight vibe. When it's used on the clit, the controls are facing you. They are some of the least fiddley and easiest to use.

If your body likes the vibe half as much as mine does, you'll find ways to use it that work for you. I keep finding new tricks with it (really good for tense shoulders and neck, especially since the curve means I don't have to raise the other one up too high). Really should just get on with my review though. %-)

Good luck, let us know how you get on with your new toys.