Ole' moonshine!

Just started brewing again after a couple of years of not doing, bought some coopers mexican kit (like a corona copy) to make a barrel of, anyone else homebrew/make wine etc.? :)

I made cherry brandy once - it was bloody gorgeous but christ it was lethal!!

Nope. No home stuff.

But I mix my own 'girly' cocktails to avoid the embarrassment of buying them. Well, not strictly true, I have no embarrassment concerning my 'girly' drinks.

Appletini's WandA? Shame on you!!

Not glitter&gold wrote:

tried one yet actually, but I well would!

A fave is sweet Martini and orange juice (it takes the bitterness of the OJ), it makes me feel like a camp Bond.

My mates did a LOT of brewing at uni and have tried it myself as well. Quite like the Jordie's mixes as they come out quite balanced usually. But their best by far was a light beer that was great even when not carbonated.

My family also occasionally make sloe vodka which is magic. So easy but you just need to be patient :)

Been meaning to try this though:

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/elderflower-champagne-recipe_p_1.html

WandA wrote:

Not glitter&gold wrote:

A fave is sweet Martini and orange juice (it takes the bitterness of the OJ), it makes me feel like a camp Bond.

I actually like cosmos a lot... frankly the fastest way to get drunk I know. And I feel so pretty while I'm doing it!

WandA wrote:

Not glitter&gold wrote:

External Media I like Rasberry Sambuca - mmmm yummy x

I've done alot of home brews and stuff. Some I could say but the rules of LH forbid lol

Jamba wrote:

WandA wrote:

Not glitter&gold wrote:

I actually like cosmos a lot... frankly the fastest way to get drunk I know. And I feel so pretty while I'm doing it!

Ooh Cosmo's!! Also I like Mai Tai's & Mojito's x

We once made some sloe gin. which I didn't really like. and it doesn't sound v.rock'n'roll...

I know it doesn't count as brewing but I wanna try making jelly baby vodka:)

chipNroll wrote:

We once made some sloe gin. which I didn't really like. and it doesn't sound v.rock'n'roll...

Jelly Bean Vodka is good too.

Its also great to make massive deadly punch and throw haribo in it !!!

LittleMiss1981UK wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

Jelly Bean Vodka is good too.

Its also great to make massive deadly punch and throw haribo in it !!!

Seriously?! I want!!

Jamba wrote:

WandA wrote:

Not glitter&gold wrote:

Cosmos... Too tough for me. That pink colour is deceptive! I ordered one because it was on offer, it was like drinking crack!*

*I assume... Maybe it was just the alcohol was so shit because it was on offer!

Current fave tipple is Blueberry Vodka.

Jamba - my aunt is a domestic goddess (seriously) and she made some elderflower champagne! It was lovely, and I can't stand the stuff normally. You have to have a sturdy bottle though and be careful when you open it!

Adxx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Jamba - my aunt is a domestic goddess (seriously) and she made some elderflower champagne! It was lovely, and I can't stand the stuff normally. You have to have a sturdy bottle though and be careful when you open it!

Adxx

On the tele! And fuck me, I wanted to sex that cake it was soooo good!

I didn't like the champers stuff but then I have no taste in alcohol.

Last year i discovered a recipe for summer fruits rum it was bloody brilliant

i now have it brewing again aswell as strawberry rum, blackberry rum, and raspberry rum.

might try a cherry 1 aswell

each 1 does take 6months tho

WandA wrote:

Jamba wrote:

WandA wrote:

Not glitter&gold wrote:

Cosmos... Too tough for me. That pink colour is deceptive! I ordered one because it was on offer, it was like drinking crack!*

*I assume... Maybe it was just the alcohol was so shit because it was on offer!

Current fave tipple is Blueberry Vodka.

mmmmmm blueberry vodka reckon i could make tht. thanks for the idea

I made 18 gallons of cider last autumn ,gathered apples ,crushed etc ,easiest brew to make , strength from normal beer to make you blind , apples free just look along country lanes, dual carriage ways in the summer , also make sloe gin ,damson vodka which is delicious ,bramble vodka , only 8 gallons of cider left .must make more next year

Double D

May have to look further into this as I am waiting on delivery of a mini orchard (pear, apple, plum and cherry trees) and am trying to research ways to use the fruits other than eating. I have found a few good looking jam and chutney recipies but some form of alcohol would be perfect for presents.