Playstation 3 - Questions

Hello boys and girls. Long time no post. Hope you're all well.

I know there are dedicated forums out there but my crap laptop keeps freezing on them.

GF has bought me a PS3 for Christmas. Have some games ready, but noticed some things on the back of the boxes.

HDD - 1634MB minimum. What does this mean?

HD 720p - I don't have a high def TV yet. Is this a major problem? I always thought you could play on a normal TV obviously without the added clarity?

Help appreciated.

Cheers.

Cheers. I thought they all had a hard drive built in.

Its advertised as 500GB with 12GB flash memory.

Syd, I have a 250GB PS3 and have no issues, and mookie is right, you can play it on a normal TV. 720p is just the best graphics it can display on and HD tv.

Welcome to the club, hope you enjoy it =D

Got my PS3 early.

Fucking amazing. (Last thing I played on was PS2 and originl X-box.)

Things have changed...

Playing at the moment Assassins Creed III, Arkham Asylum and Prototype 2.

Loving the wireless pads.

Not getting a lot of sleep at the moment.....

Syd wrote:

Got my PS3 early.

Fucking amazing. (Last thing I played on was PS2 and originl X-box.)

Things have changed...

Playing at the moment Assassins Creed III, Arkham Asylum and Prototype 2.

Loving the wireless pads.

Not getting a lot of sleep at the moment.....

Don't buy Skyrim then whatever you do. (OK buy it..it's fricken amazing, I did 13 hours in one day lol)

omg i finaly found some sain ppl, ps3 not xbox,anyone playing mw3 :-)

ork i`m sorry :-) my boys hv xbox and its a big debate in my house lol

Ork wrote:

pandora21021 wrote:

omg i finaly found some sain ppl, ps3 not xbox,anyone playing mw3 :-)

My eyes burned at the mear sight of such heresy! 360's ftw!

HearHear!

The PS2 was good but the newest PS3 is a bunch of rubbish. (Plus the xbox controllers are so much more comfy for long hours of gaming)

Give me one good reason why the Xbox is better than the PS3? And I'm not buying the whole the controller is more comfortable argument, there are enough 3rd party controllers of all different shapes and sizes for you to find one you like. I'm not saying either are the better console, simply for the fact that so many games these days are cross platform and they look identical on both, and the console specific titles are 6 of one half a dozen of the other, get an Xbox and you can enjoy Halo, Forza etc. and PS3 you ge little big planet, unchartered, Gran Turismo and whatnot, much of a muchness. As a media device PS3 wins though for the pure fact it has a bluray player

I have a xbox 360 because I really like the fable series, gears of war 2/3 and Halo. However I will get a PS3 sometime soon.

X box with kinect purely for the geeky reason of telling it what to do and it doing it ( wonder if x box do a range of wives).

PS3 has some fantastic downloadable games. PixelJunk series (Eden, Monsters and Shooter particularly), Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Journey...

I think the xbox is just a PC-lite; a lot of the good games on xbox are non-exclusive and are available on the PS3 or PC. And PC versions are generally better.

PS3 wins out on commercial exclusives too - Uncharted series, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, inFamous, Little Big Planet, Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank...

For me Halo and Skyrim make the debate irrelevant. Both brilliant games

im on playstation 2!! smugglers run, crazy taxi, simpsons road rage hahahahaha

TTurtle wrote:

Give me one good reason why the Xbox is better than the PS3? And I'm not buying the whole the controller is more comfortable argument, there are enough 3rd party controllers of all different shapes and sizes for you to find one you like. I'm not saying either are the better console, simply for the fact that so many games these days are cross platform and they look identical on both, and the console specific titles are 6 of one half a dozen of the other, get an Xbox and you can enjoy Halo, Forza etc. and PS3 you ge little big planet, unchartered, Gran Turismo and whatnot, much of a muchness. As a media device PS3 wins though for the pure fact it has a bluray player

Microsoft care more about your privacy than Sony.

And Sony have stated in the past that it's online network is a free service so they don't need to fully secure your details.

Need any more convincing?

I love how people suddenly care about privacy when games consoles are involved, but will happily splash around their details on sites like facebook, myspace, google and instagram without a second thought ;]

I'd rather have a free service with superior games and have to use some fake details than buy a system that is essentially a gimped PC where you have to pay extra to play online.

Of course, you could do what I did and just get both, they're not exactly expensive these days ;)

MoonlightSerenity wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Microsoft care more about your privacy than Sony.

And Sony have stated in the past that it's online network is a free service so they don't need to fully secure your details.

Need any more convincing?

Sony lied about their "security" and chain of trust, then pissed off the Linux community (very bad idea) by removing OS support...

Both consoles (all models) are exploitable and have been for a while... It's not all about piracy what about homebrew (bedroom coders) or the features you bought the PS3 for and they removed them...

And by expliotable I dont mean pirate games and drive mods running unsigned code on either is childs play....

Danni

All my male relatives have grown up on PS1s, PS2s and now the PS3, not to mention the PSP and other various play-offs.

However I don't have a games player because I'm a computer nerd. Me and my mum LOVE our computers since neither of us have a gaming station (xbox or PS).

If I had to pick on I'd get a PS3 as it can play DVDs. That's the main reason though and it's more than a little bit biased seeing as the house is already full of PS3s wink

I've got one of the really early 60gb models, the backwards compatible one. It's been modified some what and is not far off 1tb in memory now.

Got me a halo reach 360 too, along with 34 other consoles.

Personally I prefer my gaming rig for big games like skyrim, you need a pc to fully appreciate a game like that. In terms of pads I prefer the dualshock because that is what I am used to. I've had no reliability issues or breakdowns with any of my consoles (okay apart from a damaged av lead on the mega drive), both the ps3 and x360 have good exclusives.

I don't play online so the fact one service is free and one is not makes no difference to me, I do think that Sony has a better back catalog of games though, it's been around longer.

Honestly, as some who has more consoles than most there isn't much in it, it's down to personal preference in the end.

Ork wrote:

ragrappy wrote:

PS3 has some fantastic downloadable games. PixelJunk series (Eden, Monsters and Shooter particularly), Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Journey...

I think the xbox is just a PC-lite; a lot of the good games on xbox are non-exclusive and are available on the PS3 or PC. And PC versions are generally better.

PS3 wins out on commercial exclusives too - Uncharted series, Valkyria Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, inFamous, Little Big Planet, Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank...

Nod's head... but which of those is going to apeal to hardcore kill everything gamer? Quality over quantity, PS3 is a bit like the Wii, it's great for everyone, 360 was built for those of us who REALLY like to play hard... little big planet is not a hard core sort of game, so if you think about it, it comes down to what sort of gamer you are.

As for privacy.... sorry to tell you all, but if you were that important to the world you would probably be locked up by now :P while I get the privacy thing, I think if your going to moan about it, then don't use the stuff simple as that.

Demon Souls?