Product Comparison Tables

Continuing the discussion from Recent decline in email support:

Following on from @Lovehoney_Brenna’s comment in the other thread, what sort of comparisons would people like to see? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve mocked up this Womanizer/Melt cheatsheet in the Sandbox which gives an idea of what’s possible.

If people throw a few ideas around of what toys/items they’d like to see compared, and what features they’d want comparing (price, functions, battery size, etc), then we can have a think of how best to collate them. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

So, hit me. What suggestions have you got? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think like you said @Ian_Chimp, price, battery size, functions and ratings. That’s all I can think of at the moment.

Buzzy vs rumbly, we could do a poll and everyone who owns it can vote?

5 Likes

Same for volume would be handy too

4 Likes

Ooh sound could be a number scale (like the eco thread)!!

2 Likes

You might able to do doing buzzy/rumbly (low/high frequency) on a number one too.

2 Likes

Volume/Sound would definitely be useful to know!!

2 Likes

Prettiness (or aesthetic appeal for the grown ups)
Even if it’s going places unseen I love it to be pretty. For example this Lovehoney Jewelled Bum Plug may not be my absolute favourite in the category but it sure looks beautiful.
:kiss:

1 Like

You could do one for the type of products rather than the brands. Eg, Rabbits, bullets, fleshlights etc. I’d like to see quick info like price, battery type (and hold time if Rechargeable), material patterns etc.

The reason I suggest this is because so often people are asking for recommendations that this might an easy option. I know my next purchases are going to be a decent rabbit and a decent flashlight so selfishly those will help me decide :joy:

2 Likes

So, something like this?

:warning:Sample!

Toy: WeVibe Tango Desire Bullet Mantric Bullet
Price: (Aug20) £59.99 £49.99 £39.99
Material: Hard plastic Firm Silicone Firm Silicone
Number of Speeds /Patterns: 4/4 3/17 3/7
Strength: 8 8 7
Frequency: 2 3 3
Noisy?
Runtime: up to 120 minutes up to 60 minutes up to 60 minutes
Charge: ~90 minutes ~90 minutes ~90 minutes
Battery NiMH Lithium-ion Lithium-ion
etc

Notes:

• We did a battery comparison quite a while back, and our runtime numbers were noticeably different (and I think the Desire bullet has got a different breakdown of speeds/patterns than that?) @Lovehoney_Brenna Is the Desire Bullet instruction booklet still the old one, or has it been updated now? Has anyone brought a Desire bullet recently?

• Strength, Frequency, and Noisy would be filled with the results from forum poll(s)

Frequency Score Key:

Score:
Frequency:
Description:
1/2/3
Low
Rumbly
4/5/6/7
Medium
Midrange
8/9/10
High
Buzzy

Eg.

How Rumbly/Buzzy would you rank the WeVibe Tango (1-10/rumbliest-buzziest)?

0 voters

2 Likes

I think that looks really good! I’m confused as to what the frequency part relates to though? If strength and noise are already on there. Although I could be missing something, apologies!

I think it’s the frequency of the sound wave? So the pitch of the noise - whether it’s a low, high or medium noise.

I’d not thought about it before but I’d definitely find a low rumbly noise less annoying than a really high buzzy noise of the same volume

Edit: ignore that I didn’t read things properly! Frequency is just another way to describe rumbly Vs buzzy.

The frequency is how rumbly or buzzy the vibrations are. A lower frequency seems to travel deeper into the body than the higher, surface level ones. Some people really like one or the other, though rumbly (lower frequency) normally wins. :slightly_smiling_face: Mrs Chimp finds the buzzy (higher frequency) ones too numbing. So there are weak and strong vibes, but I believe you can also say you can get weak or strong rumbly vibes, and weak or strong buzzy vibes. :+1:

I’m more than happy to amend the table to take anything out/put other stuff in. :+1:

ETA: I’ve just seen @Cassii’s edit. :slightly_smiling_face: If there’s a more obvious way to say it/display it then shout out. All input welcome. :+1:

Oooh I love it! How many products do you think we should have on each table, 5? 10?

10 may be too many visually on a phone. I’d say maybe between 3 and 7? Depending on what the table is trying to show (so Top 3 bullets/Top 5 Glass Dildos).

The Top 3/5/7/(10?) could be decided by forum vote?

Could you make a fancy table for each of those numbers so I can see how it looks on mobile? 10 does sound like it could be too many.

Not quickly. :slightly_smiling_face: But here’s a ‘side by side’ of 3 and 7 (not including first column):

:warning:Samples!

This one is 3:

Toy: WeVibe Tango Desire Bullet Mantric Bullet
Price: (Aug20) £59.99 £49.99 £39.99
Material: Hard plastic Firm Silicone Firm Silicone
Number of Speeds/Patterns: 4/4 3/17 3/7
Strength: 8 8 7
Frequency: 2 3 3
Noisy?
Runtime: up to 120 minutes up to 60 minutes up to 60 minutes
Charge: ~90 minutes ~90 minutes ~90 minutes
Battery NiMH Lithium-ion Lithium-ion
etc

And this one is 7:

The Womanizer Cheat Sheet

(ETA:) Swipe to scroll to the end:

Model: Duo Premium Classic Pro40 Liberty Starlet 2 Starlet (original)
Price: (Aug20) £179.99 £169.99 £119.99 £99.99 £89.99 £69.99 £69.99
Colour(s): Black/Red Black/White/Red /Blue/Pink Purple Rose Gold Pink/Blue Orange/Blue White
Intensities: 12 12 8 6 6 4 4
G-spot Vibration Patterns: 10 (and they each have 12 intensities too) n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a
Runtime: up to 240 minutes up to 240 minutes ? up to 180 minutes (LH)/ up to 240 minutes (Womanizer) ? up to 240 minutes (LH)/up to 180 minutes (Womanizer) up to 120 minutes up to 30 minutes up to 30 minutes
Charge: ~120 minutes ~120 minutes ~120 minutes ~120 minutes ~120 minutes ~30 minutes ~30 minutes
Extra Heads: Small & Medium (one of each included) Small & Medium (one of each included ) Small & Medium (one of each included) Comes with 1 (Maybe able to buy more) Small & Medium (one of each included) Comes with 1, but can purchase 2 sizes Comes with 1, but can purchase 2 sizes
Waterproof: Submersible Submersible Submersible Submersible Submersible Submersible Splashproof only
Extra Features: Internal vibrating arm, Smart Silence, Battery charge indicator Smart Silence, Autopilot, Battery charge indicator Colour exclusive to Lovehoney Magnetic travel cover 2 button interface (+/-) compared with the single button on the original model Starlet
Storage Bag: Yes :+1: Yes :+1: Yes :+1: Yes :+1: (the magnetic travel cover) Yes :+1: (@MsR)
Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion Rechargeable Lithium-ion
Instruction Manual: PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF PDF
2 Likes

Ah yes, the longer ones aren’t super mobile friendly. Maybe a note that says “swipe to see all”?

I’ve added it in. :+1:

I don’t mind the 7, but I think any longer and I’d forget the start while looking at the end. I’ll have a look later and see if mocking up a 10+ one would be any easier with @unifex’s tip. :+1:

2 Likes

Woohoo tables! I came to see if I could help with table fun… I stayed to compare womanizer models :smiley:

I think you can stretch to 8 or maybe 9 if you add some spaces between Black/White/Red/Blue/Pink as that’s forcing an extra-wide column. 10’s going to be pushing it though, even on desktop.

Edit: also isn’t the word nozzle just ICK?! <insert GIF of Al from Quantum Leap>