Returns - Lovehoney Instructions

Sum Sub wrote:

I've seen recently that a widely used packaging solution is inflatable plastic bags - really thin plastic filled with air and packed around the product - like giant bubblewrap. Is this any less green, i know the paper goes in my recycling bin, but once I've had fun popping the airbags with my 8in kitchen knife, the plastic just goes in my general waste.

A firm like lovehoney ultimately exists to make its owners rich, so who can blame them for trying to shunt costs onto the customer. - especially when we have to pay for expansion into overseas makets. similarly customers must appraise where they spend their money...!

IMO I think its a better solution. Like you say when you pop the airbags there is the polythene to dispose of . However its not a great lot if going by my other parcels that I receive . . I havn't looked at these more closely from my other parcels to see if its biodegradible or not.

But compared to using paper and new sheets at that, as packing IMO its the lesser of the 2 evils.

Plus a lot of LH products including lingerie usually comes in a polythene type bag as well .

To be honest , it's the patronising "Green " argument that gets up my nose .
Are they're products made in this country , or the other sde of the world ,then transported over here ?
I think I know the answer to that one .
I suspect that this decision has been made to save a few shilings , after all ,they still include a pcking note , and they will all go to landfill .
I don't mind companies trying to keep costs dow , aren't we all ? It's when they hide behind the "Green argument" . That really annoys me .
It's irrelivant now anway ,because Lovehoney has refuned my money , (and heir returns policy can't be beaten , in my opinion ) , so I won't be using them again .

It pais me to do it , because I've enjoyed shopping there , over the years ,but sometimes you just have to make a stand

@weeradge, I don't think it's a case of hiding behind the green argument at all. I totally get what people are saying with regards 'why not provide a returns leaflet when you're filling the parcels with paper as it is' - but it's a combination of both costs and eco-reasons. I happen to work for a company who also don't send out returns labels unless the customer requests one (in those cases we post out a label so the customer doesn't need to print one)... but from a business perspective the reasons are three-fold.

1) to send a returns label in advance creates the impression (to some) that your product is maybe sub-standard and you're expecting it returned.

2) it does encourage people to send back stuff that they might otherwise keep (yes that's not v customer friendly, but it's a business), and

3) every single product returned (even those still sealed) goes in landfill - because there's no way to guarantee what's been used - which links in to the green argument. Not all products are recyclable.

Point 1 , Why have their (superb) returns policy in the 1st place

2 As above

3 Some of the items can be recycled , presumably ,the workings from certain toys can be reused .

Returning an tem now has caused a lot of problems for me . I only ever retrned an item when necessary ,and in some cases didn't bother (tho I know that LH would have refunded/replaced , the customer service is second to none )

I just wsh they'd be up front and say "it costs too much ,and we don't want to add the costs to our customers "
Either that , or at least provide a Freepost address , so that us mortals who have trouble priniting labels (and , Boy , is it a hassle ? ) can at least order in the confidence that we used to

Whilst it'd be easy to tear your point to shreds I neither have the time nor the inclination, so let's just agree to disagree. Have a good weekend and no hard feelings eh?

Rip it to shreds if you want . I've finished with Lovehoney anyway . After the patronising e mail I had from them , I can't see me ever using them again .

It's a shame , because they're a well organised good company , but I have my princibles and have to stick to them .

Ps , have a good weekend ( lucky to have them) yourself

hello may i suggest connect plus these parcels can be sent to a local shop picked up and retuned to the same shop and can print out a returns label for a code sent to phone so if like me you do not have a printer and save having to queue for 20 min at post office you xcan pick and drop off the time the shop is open in my shop its 7am to 10pm thank you for reading this

Good idea. tider

Been looking at some of your other posts on this subject . Seems I'm not the only one upset ..

A suggestion .

How about Lovehoney sending out a printed label to those of us requesting one direct , via email or phone ? Seems it would be the simplest , easiest compromise . The cost would be small and would encourage back some lost customers , even me .

Hope LH do this , as I'm missing them already !

Weeradge wrote:

Good idea. tider

Been looking at some of your other posts on this subject . Seems I'm not the only one upset ..

A suggestion .

How about Lovehoney sending out a printed label to those of us requesting one direct , via email or phone ? Seems it would be the simplest , easiest compromise . The cost would be small and would encourage back some lost customers , even me .

Hope LH do this , as I'm missing them already !

Add this to the Great Suggestions thread as it's more likely to be noted there :)

Thanks ,
Actually ,I can't claim it as mine (it's far to clever to be mine) , but somone elses (can't remember who) . It does seem that it would satisy everyone tho
Daft question , but have you got a link to the "Great suggestions" thread ? 
Can't find it :-( 
Thanks 

It is a pretty good compromise, so worth noting I think! Here it is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1430452-the-great-big-suggestions-thread-part-2/#p1430452

Thanks , have just posted (hope I haven't loused it up )
It's a great idea ,, and allows people like me (who have vowed never to use LH again ) to use Lovehoney , without "losing face"
It's a great company , and one o the main reasons we use it , it their returns policy . It's second to none (not that we return much stuff ;-) )

Yeah, it's a great idea for everyone EXCEPT Lovehoney who will be picking up a postage tab of sending out someone a returns label so that someone can return an item back to them for free, for any reason for a full refund / exchange.

I thought you meant with an order Weeradge, not separately. I don't think they will ever agree to send a label on its own.

The cost would only be the price of a stamp , not a lot really .
Alternativly , of course , to pre request one would be a good idea .
I just wish companies wouldn't assume that everyone has a printer ,like i said . It's stopped e using LH ,which is sad

Weeradge wrote:

The cost would only be the price of a stamp , not a lot really .
Alternativly , of course , to pre request one would be a good idea .
I just wish companies wouldn't assume that everyone has a printer ,like i said . It's stopped e using LH ,which is sad

The cost of a stamp, envelope, the paper, the ink cartridge, the electricity and also paying the salary of someone to do it, or should this just be added on to someone elses work load? And then on top of that, they'll also pay for the FREE returns that you're getting too. But why should LH have to pay MORE money when the option to print it off is available. You've already stated yourself that it wasn't that you didn't have a printer, more of the effort involved in setting it up.

For people without a printer there's the option to go to the library, or go to a friends/families house and print it out. I've mentioned that the returns label is emailed to you via a RM email, so you don't even have to load up the site in the library or at a friends house so the concern for privacy isn't there.

The problem seems to be that it's just not convenient for people – LH are already providing FREE, no quibble returns for 365 days, all the ask is you print off your own label. It’s not really difficult it can be achieved by either plugging in your printer, or going to the library/friends house – Jesus you could even put the label on an SD card and print it out on the photocopying machine in the Post Office – and for something that takes so little time you get the FREE returns. If not, you could always put the address on and pay for postage back yourself, though I’m sure more people would have a problem with doing that.

There are many options available for this, which is a service that LH offer and don't have to. I really think people forget that LH do not need to offer free returns or even have the return policy that they have.

It'd take minimal fuss for LH to set up .

Going to a friends house ? Really not practical .

Public library ? Same

It's not so much the fact that they've changed policy , it's the condscending e mail I got citing the "Green" excuse (where are most of their products mafe ). Why not just say it's to keep prices down ? I'd have accepted that

Out of princible , I won't be using LH again, unless I get an apology for the email .

It's a great company , and I love reading the reviews 

I wish it well in the future 

+1 FrozenAngel

That sounds like a good idea lmh! :)

lmh95 wrote:

I don't know how possible this would be to implement as a compromise but I'll suggest it anyway.

For people who don't have access to a printer for whatever reason and are likely to need to make a return - maybe they've ordered two sizes of lingerie or are trying something out that they are unsure of- would it be possible to have an option at checkout available that said " would you like to receive a pre-printed free returns label with your order? Please note that there is a x amount handling charge for this additional service to cover the cost of providing it - paper, printing, time etc" and then if people were happy to pay the charge the label could be included in with their order? A bit like the gift wrapping service that some other companies provide. If you want it you pay for it - happy customer but if you don't want to pay then you don't use it but it is available for those people who wish to use it and are willing to pay for the privilege.

Good idea ,apart from the handling charge . Why should people who have no access to a printer ,and who don't want to print their "Jumbo anal vibrator" returns label at their sister's place have to pay a charge ?
This is a problem that Lovehoney has needlessly caused .
Why not just admit it's a cost cutting excercise (and who would blame them ? ) instead of playing the "Green" card ?
BTW , I have still not had an apology from them ,regarding the patronising e mail I got , so I won't be buying anything off them , which is a shame ,because ther'e something I'd quite lie on there .
Good to now that in these times of recession , companies can afford to lose customers