Sex when your ill??

Now how ill do you have to be before you say no to sex? Me I have a high sex drive and so does my OH (although he just likes to say he's just horny all the time) and we have sex quite alot when were together.

Recently ive been unwell and have to say when we go to bed in the evenings ive not really felt up to it but by the time my OH starts playing my mind has changed and im well up for it, same as with my wake up calls. To be honest my body seems to overpower my mind and sex seems to the one thing I want..

Is this just something with me or do other people seem to find their sexual desires overpower their mood and no matter how they think they feel, they just have to have sex??

The only times I've felt unable, Or unwilling is when either I'm having a Kidney Stone attack, aka when its on the move from kidney to bladder, When I have a genuinely nasty bug and I can't move a mussle, Or when I was in hospital in a coma some years ago.

Apart from that, My libido seems to be unaffected by illness, My joint problems or fatigue. ( i love sleepy or poorly sex lol )

I have recently been really poorly with gastric flu!! and then a nasy cold.. when i was getting better, I just couldnt get enough sex... i still felt pretty rubbish! I just could not get sex off my mind! It was really insane!! I was thinking im not well i need to go to bed and sleep but then i just couldnt lol, i had to have sex! xxx

poorly even sorry x

Id have to be literally about to pop it before i turned down a good seeing to. Sex helps the immune system so even more reason to have it!! x

I've got a cold at the minute, and there is no way it would stop me.

I think it would have to be pretty serious for me not to want it...

I have to be really, really ill before I say no.

Earlier this year I had bad flu, a chest infection and a pulled muscle in my stomach, during this time I just couldn't have sex but the minute I started to feel better all I wanted was sex. Had to take it easy though because of the pulled muscle, that was worse than the flu and the chest infection put together.

just laying in bed masturbating together is fun when your ill but got to be close to death for no go

If i'm having a crohns flare up the last thing I feel like is having sex. It usually involves excrutiating pain in my stomach, nausea and vomiting, constant trips to the loo (in fact once I moved in there for a couple of nights when I was flaring, it wasn't worth moving away from the toilet) and feeling very weak. So no sex, no thank you! lol I'm sure my fella don't want me in that state anyway xx

When i'm ill i still want it but my son had an cccident, broke his arm and had to have an op and i have lost my mojo, i just haven't wanted sex and then to top it all off i got thrush a couple of days ago i feel like a virgin again

sexynurse09 wrote:

If i'm having a crohns flare up the last thing I feel like is having sex. It usually involves excrutiating pain in my stomach, nausea and vomiting, constant trips to the loo (in fact once I moved in there for a couple of nights when I was flaring, it wasn't worth moving away from the toilet) and feeling very weak. So no sex, no thank you! lol I'm sure my fella don't want me in that state anyway xx

Ihave IBS i feel your pain x

poorly or not i still seem to want sex,

I have to prioritise - when my joints are flaring up, and I'm exhausted and achey, I have to get myself in the mood because other wise it'd last weeks...the only time it's off the cards is if my back in specific is flaring (I'm a wuss for back pain) or I have really, really bad tummy ache/nausea - anything else, I'll just plough through regardless - got to make the most of every situation, you never know when something will stop it all together!

WandA however only ever gets really, really ill or not at all! If he gets a cold, he's bed bound for two days with a raging temperature and there's no way he has any energy for sex, then two days later he can be right as rain....bizarre!

Adx

I have to be pretty ill - usually i come round after a few kisses, find it a great cure to any illness so very very rarely refuse!!!

xGHx

I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you just have a common cold, sex is one of the best things for it - releases some hormones that boost your immune system or something. Or maybe I just imagined it. Either way, it's sure a good excuse!

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I have to prioritise - when my joints are flaring up, and I'm exhausted and achey, I have to get myself in the mood because other wise it'd last weeks...the only time it's off the cards is if my back in specific is flaring (I'm a wuss for back pain) or I have really, really bad tummy ache/nausea - anything else, I'll just plough through regardless - got to make the most of every situation, you never know when something will stop it all together!

WandA however only ever gets really, really ill or not at all! If he gets a cold, he's bed bound for two days with a raging temperature and there's no way he has any energy for sex, then two days later he can be right as rain....bizarre!

Adx

True. Never or all. My body engages in total warfare and wipes me out in the process! But it means I'm fixed in half the time!

Doesn't make me feel up for sex to be honest but I remember one certain soft blowjob that was fucking amazing... Wow it was good!

I was ill the other week (To the extent where I turned down a free bar AND free food all night) - sex was the last thing on my mind and having a quick play only made me feel seasick :-S

The first time i tried anal sex i had tonsillitis (i don't know how you spell it) so obviously i can have sex if i am sick!

it depends whatt ype of sick, if it is a tummy bug then no, i'm a baby when it comes to tummy pain!

but if its a fluey type of sick then i will still do it!

the only time my boyfriend isn't up for sex is after a fit, because he is so tired, but even if he has bumped something and its sore the day after he will still have sex we just work out how to do it without it hurting him!

VW x

It depends what I'm ill with. If it's just a cold then I will go for it.

When my husband gets ill, i tend to dress up like a nurse and 'take care' of my patient haha.

It always seems to perk him up.

Im mostly like that too.. When Im ill, I really dont feel up for it but when the OH is close and starts playing, well, he sways my mind rather easily through the use of his fingers.

Hormonal power, I tell you *nod*