Sexy time

Curious, how does everyone approach sex/intimacy with a long term partner?

Are you or your other half spontanious and jump into bed whenever?

Do you suggest to your partner and arrange times, “tonight” or “tomorrow morning”?

Or do you have a set window, such as the Saturday mornings?

At the moment, me and my partner are in the set window category, which i’m not a fan of. Trying to break into the being a bit more spontanous, but not much luck.

3 Likes

Spontaneous, usually if either of us is feeling horny then we just go for it. :+1:

3 Likes

Usually spontaneous! Whoever is the horniest is usually the instigator in getting it on!

2 Likes

Depending on the situation… Sometimes you may be stuck with an arranged time when the kids are busy, or suddenly they go out then it’s spontaneous quick they’ve gone…
Others it’s when feeling horny…

2 Likes

Not a fan of setting times to have fun - it’s better to be spontaneous

Personally we wait until our daughters go out then jump on each other and get our kink on

4 Likes

Spontaneous for us most of the time. We may plan something if we go away for a night or we know in advance that there will be no kids in the house.

2 Likes

Its hard to pin down when the moment is going to take us.
We have just cuddled up in bed and things happened totally unexpected.
Other times we have arranged a little afternoon delight, which is always great as we start to excite each other as the tie approaches making it totally wild.
Other times its just spontaneous with one of us initiating the first move.

1 Like

All of the above :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

With two toddlers, it’s almost always planned. I’d like it to be more spontaneous, but usually it’s like: “wanna bang tonight? Maybe, we’ll see if we have energy for it” :joy::sob:

3 Likes

When my long distance OH and I are apart, it’s rarely planned and more spontaneous. Sometimes they might ask for visual assistance, which I’m always happy to oblige, other times I’ll send off a pic just to tease, which is guaranteed to lead to a fun phone session :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Whilst together (which so far, was my two-week break for uni :smiling_face_with_tear:), it was pretty much constant whenever/wherever possible, unless one of us wasn’t feeling well. Hands were very rarely kept to ourselves :sweat_smile:

Have you mentioned to your OH you don’t like the set time category? It would definitely be worth having a conversation about it

2 Likes

Arranged, in that we have sex every morning that we don’t have the grandkids (3 or 4 times a week) BUT for some reason we’ve also started having spontaneous night time sessions a couple of times a week too.

We’re having more sex in our dotage than we ever did when we were young,

2 Likes

Both. We both work from home and empty nesters so many times it is spontaneous. Times where we work and watch the grand baby we plan it.

1 Like

I still dream of the day when I can have a partner and be able to initiate sexy time and do things :pleading_face:

1 Like

I think this is the best for us…. Sometimes all it takes is a few hints from either of us and off we go :joy:

1 Like

Spontaneity stopped working years ago. I briefly tried with planned but the OH started going out of her way to avoid it, suddenly having meetings to attend or pleading the headaches. For about 10 years now it only happens when she’s good and ready about once a year. If I try to initiate then she either rolls over and goes to ‘sleep’ in seconds, or gets her phone out to listen to a podcast or just leaves the room. If I persist I get the ‘over 40s shouldn’t still be doing this sort of thing’ lecture…

2 Likes

Time to look for a newer model! That’s exactly what my last one was like! See ya!!!

1 Like

As much as spontaneity is great and needed occasionally we always set aside either a Friday or Saturday evening and a Saturday or Sunday morning for our intimacy!! Evening starts with hot baths followed by candles and romantic music…. both of us then don extremely sexy garments… for me that’s easy with just a pair of open pants but the wife goes all out with one of her erotic outfits paired with stockings, gloves and heels!!

2 Likes

Both of us now in our 70’s so spontaneity does not happen often. Usually initiated by me when I suggest a play. Quite often it becomes a solo session for me but always encouraged by wife. Sometimes she is more than happy to join me and these times are fantastic for both of us. No work or young kids so lots of time!

1 Like

Yeah had a similar experience with my ex when we were long distance and eventually saw each other.

I’ve expressed my concern to my current partner about the set window approach and whilst she has taken that onboard it almost always comes back to Saturday mornings.

The frustrating thing is, we don’t even have kids yet, so should be more spontanious and all over each other

1 Like

Definitely spontaneously! The only time I could really think of to schedule it is if we’ve both been too busy to do anything and are super horny, then we plan a time to get together.

2 Likes