Shorts, stockings suspender belt.

I've seen this combo in movies and anime before and was wondering if people could pull it off in real life. Today I was able to fit into a pair of my very short running shorts, I've never really been someone to wear shorts for every day where as I don't like my legs.

I'm guessing of course the shorts probably be better for this kind of combo if they weren't nike sports shorts, maybe cotton?

What does everyone think of this combination? Would someone like me be able to pull it off? What types of tops and shows would work best with it?

Thanks Hella, I think I will look into getting some hotpants.

I'm a little unsure about the silver hot pants, though I've never worn anything like them before so have no idea how they would look. I'm guessing the sequins are sewn into the pants rather than glued? I can imagine that they would be great for show off your bum, but I also wonder how comfortable they would be.

I'm often stucky when it goes to buying underpants and hot pants, I'm rather boring and tend to go for blue, black, and purple. Always a little too shy to try new things.

Are some styles of suspender belts easier to wear with shorts than others?

Hmm, I wonder if I could pull off this combo! I feel the cold easily, I guess it would just depend on what stockings you wore with them.

Bought silver and gold hots pants for OH from sparkling strawberry. Gold ones look very nice on her- not worn silver ones yet ;(.

Not if they would go with stockings and suspenders - hold ups maybe

Mean not sure if they would go with stockings - do make her bum look very nice.

Well I have ordered some short denim shorts, not sure how short they are really, they look a little longer in the legs than hot pants but above mid thigh. I'm going to see how these work and see if I can build my confidence up a bit forst before moving onto the hot pants.

I've got a few new suspender belts arriving as well so will see what works best. Stuck on the heels, I don't really have many shoes right now so will have to pick some up in a few days if I have the funds.

Ecksvie, I love your skirt and collar, are they part of the corset or did you buy them seperate? Might be worth a try, I'm not even sure if I can pull it off tbh.

I am liking the idea of the hot pants more (the silver ones), but just need to see how it all works first before taking that step.

Sounds like a sensible plan lol. The ones on sparkling strawberry are very much in Kylie hotpant mode - great for showing off a nice bum but not for faint hearted. OH views them as strictly bedroom were!!

Mean bedroom wear

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Ecksvie, I love your skirt and collar, are they part of the corset or did you buy them seperate? Might be worth a try, I'm not even sure if I can pull it off tbh.

I made them myself! The skirt was a basic circle skirt with a LH petticoat underneath, and I made the collar and then used a piece of ribbon to tie it onto one of the metal bits on the front of the corset.

I reckon the shorts/stockings/suspenders combo might look nice with some smart, tailored shorts, which is what I might go with if I try out this look. Not sure I'd be able to pull off sequin hotpants in public!

Ecksvie wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I made them myself! The skirt was a basic circle skirt with a LH petticoat underneath, and I made the collar and then used a piece of ribbon to tie it onto one of the metal bits on the front of the corset.

I reckon the shorts/stockings/suspenders combo might look nice with some smart, tailored shorts, which is what I might go with if I try out this look. Not sure I'd be able to pull off sequin hotpants in public!

That's really fab, I need to learn to use a sewning machine really as I would love to make a collar and skirt similar. The sailor look is really pretty and you pull it off great.

Yes I also wonder about pulling the hotpants off in public.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

That's really fab, I need to learn to use a sewning machine really as I would love to make a collar and skirt similar. The sailor look is really pretty and you pull it off great.

Using a sewing machine really isn't very hard, the difficult part is the techniques you need to sew certain things. Actually, if you were wanting to learn, the sailor outfit might be an alright place to start, although curves and circles can be quite difficult to sew. Maybe not then!

Ecksvie wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Using a sewing machine really isn't very hard, the difficult part is the techniques you need to sew certain things. Actually, if you were wanting to learn, the sailor outfit might be an alright place to start, although curves and circles can be quite difficult to sew. Maybe not then!

I can hand stitch really well, made teddies before but always been a little panicy for a sewning machine. I guess I could try hand sticking something similar.

Many modern machines have a speed dial/slider on it. When I turn mine all the way down it really goes at a snail's pace, perfect for a beginner. My sister was terrified of using my machine at first but it wasn't long before she was turning the speed up.

Ecksvie wrote:

Many modern machines have a speed dial/slider on it. When I turn mine all the way down it really goes at a snail's pace, perfect for a beginner. My sister was terrified of using my machine at first but it wasn't long before she was turning the speed up.

Thanks I'll look into trying one, I think my OH's mum might let me use hers just for some practice.

http://www.sparklingstrawberry.com/products/Ruffled-Edge-Hot-Pants.html

Webpage for ones I mentioned

OH says gold ones are very comfy- but as I said she views them as in house
wear only

Well my shorts arrived... I'm just trying to work out if they fit. The buttons are done up and theres a small gap around the thighs but they feel a little stiff. I know the denim has very little stretch so maybe they just need to be worn a few times? It's been ages since I've purchased denim and often go for something a little more stretchy in material.

I did measure everything before getting them as well to make sure. So maybe someone whos purchased denim laterly can help me a little, really has been years. Will they get a little softer during wear and washing, or should I just send them back?

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Will they get a little softer during wear and washing, or should I just send them back?

Hi Nymph,

I'm not an expert on wearing short-shorts, but I do wear jeans a lot. Yes, they will definitely soften up after washing!

I'm sure I'm just worrying too much as shorts really are a new thing to me.... unless I think back to sports in high school and even then I worn trousers when I could.

I hope people don't mind me posting, these are the shorts I choose for my first try: http://www.littlewoods.com/love-label-high-waist-shorts/826845143.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f1794%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0%2fr%2f100&trail=1589-1785-1794&prdToken=/p/prod6001926-sku9093580

I picked a high waist as I'm going to slowly build up my confidence.

When putting them on I didn't realise that there was a little zip as well

I rather like them so far as I can roll them down if I wanted to, unlike some I looked at the other day where they are sewn into place.

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

You've gotta wash denim hot pants with lashings of conditioner to get a pair that are soft and supple. I go through loads of comfort in the summer as it's not a wise move to wear unconditioned denim Daisy Dukes for skating ;)

In answer to your earlier questions, I find that wider suspender belts don't work well with hot pants. I go for the very slender ones that are less than an inch in width at the waistband :).

The sequins are sewn in I believe, they're rather stretchy too. I haven't bought a pair myself so can't comment on how they feel to wear I'm afraid, but I'd happily wear something uncomfortable for a night if it looked good ;)

Thanks Hella, I'm going to slowly build up to wearing hot pants, think the shorts I've choosen are pretty short to what I'm use to and I'm sure after a week of wearing these I will then move onto the next level, lol.

I'll put them in the wash later and tomorrow will re-try them.