Snow day!

Just had an email, I'm now off tomorrow 2nd of March woo-hoo

I’ve worked from home, written up a review, taken some photos and done some shopping! And ventured outside, we have a good six inches here (of snow!!) 😁❄️⛄️

Yeah we have a good 6" too. Getting really windy now

Yes! Day of work as I couldn't get off the drive. Couldn't take the kids to school either 😐

Snow or not snow not a chance of an escape for me as I've to get to work, not happy about it. I'm dreading thinking about tomorrow morning, don't know what I'm gonna do. I hate snow as I had enough of it for a lifetime living in Eastern Europe for a few years when I got married. Can't stand cold and snow. Bring on the summer please!

BigishBen wrote:

Snow doesn't really affect us in Scotland, what the rest of the UK calls an amber warning we call Tuesday! I've never not made it to work for the simple reason I'm in a trade and don't get paid if I don't turn up! Find bosses have little regard for us guys, happy to e mail all office staff and tell them not to risk it but we have to struggle in! And get quartered if we are 2 minutes late!!

That's so unfair, isn't it? With me is the same: the serior management doesn't show up and nothing happens, but if we guys who work with people (I'm in leisure sector) don't show up, we simply don't get paid, there's not a choice, unless we want days to be taken off from our annual leave, which again is unfair.

I'v finally been given the head up for a snow day tomorrow !
After spending the week doing a hours walk to do the school run and get to work as I'm a total wimp and won't drive at the first sight of snow.
A nice lay in, breakfast in our PJ's and then I'v promised the little one we will build a snowman ..... so fingers crossed for a little more snow :-)
Enjoy your day all, no matter what you have planned. X

I have been working from home and wishing we had snow. Really jealous of those that have good snow.

Lol you say it like we're all naughty x

We are now in the Isle of Wight but I was glad I got my order came before the snow came so happy man ⛷️so if no work tomorrow I will be testing my new toys

Here in Hertfordshire I haven't missed any work yet 🙁 but then I can't really work from home and doubt we'll get paid if they shut the office.

AmyA wrote:

That's not correct. As long as you are following the law and not driving recklessly (e.g. driving into a flood) of course you are covered (comprehensive cover withstanding) What are you going to do if you happen to be on the road when a warning comes into force, pull over and freeze?!

KingGrthy wrote:

FYI all, of you crash your car during an amber or red weather warning, due to weather conditions, your insurance company can refuse to pay! Safe driving!

My son's friend works for one of the big insurance company's - he posted on his FB a warning to drivers that when we're on Red Alert weather warnings that your insurance almost certainly doesn't cover you if you have an accident!... It's ridiculous, as Amy says - if you're following the law and not driving recklessly you should be covered. This guy says they look into claims more scrupulously, and in the vast majority of cases you will find you''re not covered, so if you must go out, best check your policy!

I work from home so don't have to go out either...but I had a lazy day yesterday, slung a huge pulses casserole in the slow cooker then drawing and reading most of the day. It's blowing an absolute gale here this morning and has been all night, we have a couple of inches of snow so I've decided to have another duvet day... playing 'The Ocarina of Time' (again) it's the best game EVER made!

Stay safe and warm guys, and check your car insurance if you absolutely must go out!!

We had a snow day on Tuesday, couldn't get the car off the drive and down the hill to the main road. Woodburner lit and cups of tea were the order of the day. Then it got to arguing about whose turn it was to get the kettle on.....which then led to me saying to Mrs D......get the kettle on or get your kit off and run down the end of the garden and back.....your choice

Any guesses as to which one she chose?

I had booked some leave yesterday for a job interview. Not used to the snow and feeling slightly off-colour I had to cancel. I felt awkward when the company asked for my reasons. Luckily the company closed half an hour afterwards so they'll reschedule my interview. I feel relieved.

My bedsit was too uncomfortable so I'm now staying at a friends' house trying to get well and enjoying the comfort of working plumbing, heating and double glazing 😀

My office closed on Wednesday, reopened for an hour yesterday and will be closed until Monday.

HNHanin good luck for your interview. Glad your friends are putting you up. Enjoy the time off and get yourself better . Have a great day. X

This thread has been reported - twice! 

Yes, twice, a forum thread about snow... Seriously! 

I removed two comments that were off topic and started to sound argumentative.

Please do not accuse me of 'bashing' any type of culture or country. The forum is open for anyone to join in any many testers are all over the world. 

Honestly, please think about what you are typing on a sex toy forum and please think about why we remove comments, we are not required to explain why and won't always issue warnings. 

*************************************************************************************************

Back on topic:

I have had to work from home today as all trains cancelled and there is no chance I am driving.

My company have requested we get in regardless which means Iv had no time off and today I’m stuck in meetings trying to tell the head honcho that some staff just simply can’t get to work. Pretty awful when your arguing to someone who sees money over potential danger to our staff. Also I have products to review at home and I’m only half way through my current review due to the fact Iv been constantly battling this weather the past few days.

Can’t wait for a bit of sun! Ha

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

My company have requested we get in regardless which means Iv had no time off and today I’m stuck in meetings trying to tell the head honcho that some staff just simply can’t get to work. Pretty awful when your arguing to someone who sees money over potential danger to our staff. Also I have products to review at home and I’m only half way through my current review due to the fact Iv been constantly battling this weather the past few days.

Can’t wait for a bit of sun! Ha

Urgh that's pretty rough! Ours is similar. Basically get in even though we can't do much when we get there. My colleague managed to get in so all good. I'm officially snowed in though. Our estate is totally covered. Had a 30 minute attempt this morning and gave up. Managed to eventually reverse into my driveway and my neighbour was like "welcome home!" Aye, thanks pal haha.
Had to cancel work as the servers are getting hammered with people working from home so free day off 😀.