Snow day!

I feel so sorry for all you guys having to go in! That's awful. Really humble those (or certainly myself at least) staying at home.

My kids have a snow day as their school is closed today.

I got an impressive 5 or 6 inches over night, here. (Still talking about the snow! No sniggering at the back, please. πŸ˜›)

We've had a bash at making a snowman this morning and it was so much more difficult than I remember! The snow is very powdery and doesn't seem to stick together very well.

Upshot is I have a pretty skinny 'snowman' with a tiny head in my front garden. It totally looks like a snow penis, and that wasn't even the intention! My neighbours are gonna be totes impressed. 😣

Chlojakes it’s the same for us, I told my staff to make it in if they can or just enjoy the weekend and to be safe. To which my boss thought it was time to give me a telling off. The only staff in today are practically the directors and business managers who are all twiddling their thumbs as everyone is off including all our contractors.

Haha can imagine your reversing moment this morning was like something from a movie πŸ˜‚

We had a fire engine on our tiny road yesterday. It nearly got stuck here trying to leave. It was skidding all over the place and 3 of the 4 firefighters were out with shovels digging the wheels out! My little boy was glued to the window, haha. Snow plus fire engine - best day ever for him!!

All I can say is that I've just had enough of this weather and I'm really stressed out. I've started today walking 6 km to work (I like walking) and what would take about 50 minutes, turned into a 85 minutes walk from hell, which was way worse on the way back as I was tired and the roads were getting icy. Got home, went to the shops and no milk, no bread, no tomatoes, potato, nothing fresh, just packed stuff. Even the "corner" shops are pretty much empty.

And apparently this weekend is gonna get even worse. So no good when we can't just afford to sit comfortably at home and wait. I wish some employers were more aware of people's welfare instead of putting revenue, money and profits before anything else.

I live in Norway and it's been snowing almost every day since the beginning of November, so I am really tierd of it. It has been as cold as -30'c, but now it's just 12, so I'm really hoping that it will be better soon. Hopefully spring is just arond the corner...