Songs that were in the charts when you got dumped

Sore subject admittedly but we all have a song that we will never forget.
Mine was getting dumped after 3 years of my first ever long relationship. Song playing all over the radio at that time was
Take That (original) 'want you back'.

Don't think they ever really made an impact on the charts, but Nothing But You by Kim Ferron, and Bird of Paradise by Snowy White have been high on my "dumped playlist(s)".

Ended it with my ex in October 2014 after I found her lying and cheating (not for the first time)

the big song then was Sam Smith "Im not the only one"

I thought it was hilarious that this happened to come out that week and completely described the story of my life at the time!

Eternal Flame - high school dance. That is the only one that comes to mind but I haven't been dumped too much =)

Eels - need more sleep, right after I got used big time by someone.

Five- Closer to me. just as i found out she was cheating and split up

I’ve never been the dumpee but I remember drifting from my first boyfriend at the time when Emerge by Fischerspooner was everywhere. I loved that song.

December 95 Earth song- Micheal Jackson at no1 . Radio kept playing Don’t you want me by Human League a lot !

Never been dumped, but the childhood crush that moved away before i had the courage to ask her out was in 1975, and Bye Bye Baby by The Bay City Rollers was everywhere.

1 Like

Last year - Lewis Capaldi someone you loved

Not dumped per se but when my ex got with his new girlfriend this year Bitter by Fletcher had just come out and the chorus just hit different…

I know she thinkin’ that she found herself a winner
I know you fucked her on the counter
Right before you cooked her dinner, yeah
I know you think about me when you kiss her
I left a taste in your mouth
Can she taste me now

1 Like

I went through such a horrible breakup last year that I can’t really remember songs like that, but what I can tell you is that my go to song was REM Everybody Hurts, it made me cry and cry, so I have no idea why I got into that song.

1 Like

Feel for you @teacake I was the same :heart:

1 Like

@Orgasm_Chaser It was just so nasty what was going on, A 18 year relationship meant nothing, I was completely destroyed, I couldn’t believe it was happening, what was I thinking about playing sad music, I didn’t just play the song every now and then it was on loop, I suppose you do things to survive to get through it.

When it was happening I did havecmy Lovehoney family to give me support. And now I’m back.

2 Likes

I’ve relied on the LH Family too since my breakup after 10 years. I shared my Story if you ever need to reach out. We are here :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @Orgasm_Chaser it’s great when you can talk to others by just writing it down helps alot, for me I was being made like it was all my fault, so I would come on here and just say what’s been going on for honest opinions.

Yes same here! I still get blamed 12 months down the line. We have contact because of our lo which I find it harder to move on (and to keep my legs closed) because I do still love him regardless of what’s happened between us. I listened to George Micheal older album a lot and on the opposite side of the scale Tanya Stephens.
I’ve noticed since telling people on here I’ve got a lot stronger. Less things bother me. He can text me 15 times and I don’t feel obliged to message back. The abuse I still get goes over my head. Don’t get me wrong I still have a little cry most days but nothing like it was

Ps I listened to Roxette too

1 Like

I really can relate to how you feel, my ex turned into something nasty, I lost so much weight that I had to go to a dietitian. I still get upset not that I love her but because we had so many years together and having a daughter, Don’t get me started on that she has tried to make it hard to see my daughter she was 18 but made it difficult.

I have now had to block my ex number because she cant be nice to me. I think thats the key to being stronger the more you can talk to people the more you feel I can do this and get through it.

Hope you get through it I’m just seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Music helps and I might still listen to REM but not for the same reason.

We can do this​:+1:

2 Likes

Definitely! Our lo is 5 so unfortunately I have to endour another 13 years worth of contact. You tend to mourn the relationship rather than how the relationship is now or you miss what you had not what you have. I had a fantastic relationship for 8 years the last 2 was horrendous. My ex is hardly ever nice but when he is nice I forget how horrible he has been. Catch-22.
how long have you two been split up now if you don’t mind me asking. there’s a song called if the world was ending by JP saxe which still makes me cry I can relate a lot that song

1 Like

I don’t mind you asking how long it’s been, It’s been about a year and a half since the split, that’s when it was officially over when we both moved out, but in reality it was over 12 monthes before we went our separate ways, I just didn’t see it was over, I kept on thinking it can be fixed it will be fixed. Totally get you about the last two years that was like it for me, sleeping in the living room wasn’t nice. You know I try not to think about what went on in those last two years else you just can’t move on.

I was saying to her we aren’t together now, that’s what you wanted so why be horrible now, I had no where to live thankfully I managed to get a place that was run by the council it was a house share. It’s hard to believe she is the person I fell in love with. We use to have chats about if we ever did split up she would never stop me from having a relationship with my daughter, but when it came to it she used her lije animation against me as she know my daughter means everything to me. If I was to see her in the street I would make sure I’m on the other side, she just scares me to much.

I haven’t heard of JP saxe but that’s why I kept on playing REM it was the video that brings it like you are in that video.